Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Has Player Ever Won A Title On His Own?

That seems to be the theme nowadays to bash ever other player like Dwight,Lebron and CP3 is that they can`t win a championship without help. Well it seems that people have been brainwashed that Jordan and Kobe won titles by themselves which is just further from the truth.So can anybody explain to me has anybody won a title by themselves>?

vCash
    Never has never will.. Basketball is a team game.

Your baby can't do this

vCash

Has Player Ever Won A Title On His Own?

Is this a dupe account... 2 huge troll threads basically about Lebron

vCash
    Nobody has won a title on their own. It's a team game, and many of the greats who won titles had help too (Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq/Gasol, Lebron had Wade/Bosh, etc).

The only people nowadays who say that a player won a title on their own are superglued to said player's nutsack harder than the groupies.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    My NBA 2K MyPlayer did

vCash
    The technical answer is no.

Dirk's probably the name you'll hear the most here, but Terry was REALLY REALLY good and the rest of those guys played just about as great as you could ever have hoped in the Finals. It was certainly a team effort and a huge upset at that too. He couldn't have done it if they all didn't step up, but at the same time he did carry them tremendously well. But he wasn't playing with a fellow all star that year and got past multiple teams that had multiple ones (LAL: Kobe and Pau; OKC: Westy and KD; and obviously Miami).

But yeah, you can rule out all the other recent champs, including Detroit in 2004. Houston in 94 maybe? Drexler wasn't there so Hakeem really carried the load. Nothing stands out in the 80s (Lakers, Celtics, Lakers, Celtics) . Philly had Malone, Dr. J and Cheeks. Then you're in the 70s and that's just so long ago and in such a different era/league that it's not relevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    The technical answer is no.

Dirk's probably the name you'll hear the most here, but Terry was REALLY REALLY good and the rest of those guys played just about as great as you could ever have hoped in the Finals. It was certainly a team effort and a huge upset at that too. He couldn't have done it if they all didn't step up, but at the same time he did carry them tremendously well. But he wasn't playing with a fellow all star that year and got past multiple teams that had multiple ones (LAL: Kobe and Pau; OKC: Westy and KD; and obviously Miami).

But yeah, you can rule out all the other recent champs, including Detroit in 2004. Houston in 94 maybe? Drexler wasn't there so Hakeem really carried the load. Nothing stands out in the 80s (Lakers, Celtics, Lakers, Celtics) . Philly had Malone, Dr. J and Cheeks. Then you're in the 70s and that's just so long ago and in such a different era/league that it's not relevant.

Or Wade

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    Wade's first title, that Heat team was nowhere near stacked. That was the closest I think we've come.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Hakeem in 94 and Duncan in 03 are the correct answers. For any wise guys, yes other people touched the ball on those teams but go look up the stats. They carried their teams on both sides of the floor.

vCash
    I think a better question is who has one without a complete bench and a second option.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Well first, Dwight and CP3 both have superstar players on their team...

The only current stars that I can think of that have never had another star with them are Melo, Love & Rose...

Though I guess Melo did have AI for that one full year.

vCash
    This is a lame discussion because it mostly relates to brainwashed basketball fans who only care about offense and scoring. As in if "X" player constitutes 40% of said team's offensive usage "he won" the title for that team.

Let's totally ignore every players defensive contribution which is the only way a team even make it that far is by having elite team defense. We saw it just this past season with the Knicks that having one great scorer with a trash defense you can't even make the playoffs let alone win a title... but it's okay, let's continue this played out brainwash rhetoric that one man wins championships....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Hakeem in 94 and Duncan in 03 are the correct answers. For any wise guys, yes other people touched the ball on those teams but go look up the stats. They carried their teams on both sides of the floor.
    The least help I can think of are the 94 Rockets, 03 Spurs, 06 Heat and 11 Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    In the last 20 years, I'd totally agree with this. The Mavs often get lumped into that group, but both Terry and Chandler are a hell of a lot better than any two teammates Hakeem and Duncan had on those two title teams.

vCash
    Hakeem is the only one who could be legitimately argued for. But even then he still had a team, he still had guys helping him get open, getting the ball to him at the right time, helping on defense etc.

It's a team sport. End of.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast