Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Will the 2013 Class Redeem itself?

Looking back on the 2013 rookie class, it was obviously one of the worst in recent memory. However, looking through it now, and given how many top guys sat out do to injury, I think it has a very good chance to turn itself around. Giannis, MCW, Dipo are clearly the prizes of the draft but Noel, Adams, Dieng and Plumlee are all looking like really solid athletic bigs. Len we haven't seen, Porter was injured, Bennett was dealing with a blend of really bad problems, Larkin, Burke both had injuries for a fair amount of the year. TJH, KCP and Mclemore could be a nice crop of SG's for the future.

Clearly this draft won't be remembered for it's top heavy talent, there was no Wiggins, no Davis, no Rose in this draft. I just think this draft had a blend of injuries and overexpectations of really young guys filling big roles. In fact I believe this draft has a possibility of being pretty deep if some guys like Snell, Larkin, Schroeder, Hardaway, Goodwin can become solid players.

vCash
    Well, I think Noel is the best of the bunch so him playing will help. But I agree, I think it could shape up to be a decent draft. No huge top end talent (at least it seems) but I see a lot of productive players.

The Porter, Zeller, Len, McLemore, KCP portion of the draft looks suspect, but after them there are some nice players. And those guys still have time to prove otherwise. I think as a whole the class takes a big step forward next year. Maybe me still holding out hope for Bennett has me more optimistic than I should be too.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    It's bizarre to think that an entire draft class can have no stars/future hall of famers but 2013 might be historic.

vCash
    I think Giannis can be that future HOFer, he's only 2 months older than Wiggins and looks like he will be a star in a year or 2.

vCash
    I'd bet that there's a HOF player in this class as well.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    we'll be pretty familiar with a few names a few years down the line.

MCW, Oladipo, Giannis, Hardaway Jr., Gorgui Dieng are all going to be impact players in the league. it was a poor draft but these guys will stand out. players like Bennett, Burke, Snell, Adams, Olynyk, and plumbs should all become respectable rotation players. I'm sure one of my five 'impact players' end up on the bottom and one or two on the rotation list end up impact. but those are a lot of names.

2013 wasn't a great class but there is some talent, just not 'tier one' type stuff. this group might struggle to produce a max type player who actually deserves the money, but there's a reasonable amount of good second third and fourth tier assets.

vCash
    The way I see it is that the draft was is going to produce a really nice group of role players, no superstars. But role players are important.

The only guys I can see being above average starters is probably Giannis, MCW, Plumlee and Oladipo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    Looking back on the 2013 rookie class, it was obviously one of the worst in recent memory. However, looking through it now, and given how many top guys sat out do to injury, I think it has a very good chance to turn itself around. Giannis, MCW, Dipo are clearly the prizes of the draft but Noel, Adams, Dieng and Plumlee are all looking like really solid athletic bigs. Len we haven't seen, Porter was injured, Bennett was dealing with a blend of really bad problems, Larkin, Burke both had injuries for a fair amount of the year. TJH, KCP and Mclemore could be a nice crop of SG's for the future.

Clearly this draft won't be remembered for it's top heavy talent, there was no Wiggins, no Davis, no Rose in this draft. I just think this draft had a blend of injuries and overexpectations of really young guys filling big roles. In fact I believe this draft has a possibility of being pretty deep if some guys like Snell, Larkin, Schroeder, Hardaway, Goodwin can become solid players.
    No Olynyk?

vCash
    You can definitely add Olynyk. Question mark player for sure where you really don't know how good he can be. I think the tale of the draft will be a deep draft lacking in true star power. Not the bust they were saying throughout the year.

vCash
    2000 might be the worst draft ever, but 2013 is not that far off, to early to say for sure. Their are some talented players but we have to see if they ever produce at a high level.

vCash
    I believe Zeller will step it up this season.

vCash
    I think they are going to make the great 6th men of the past 50 years.

vCash
    It isn't as bad as advertised. I feel like every draft class should have 3 years before being analyzed.

I like the following guys from the class of 2013:

Bennett
    Oladipo
    Len
    Noel
    KCP
    McCollum
    MCW
    Adams
    Giannis
    Larkin
    Snell
    Dieng
    Plumlee
    Hardaway Jr

Not all of them are gonna be all-stars let alone HoFers. But I can see these guys being on the rotation of a good team say 6 years down the line.

vCash
    KCP has shown nothing but amazing defense in a schemeless Cheeks team. Easily will improve and the league will take notice under SVG for his defense. Averaging 25 points in SL now compared to last year on mediocre efficiency hasn't raised my brow in that regard, but the defense is there.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89:28913077
    I think Giannis can be that future HOFer, he's only 2 months older than Wiggins and looks like he will be a star in a year or 2.
    HALL OF FAMER? this kids hype is just ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast