Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Should the Colts pursue Richie Incognito?

Free agent OG Richie Incognito says he's had "some nibbles" from offensive line-needy teams.
    Incognito hasn't had a Rotoworld post since March, but the NFL isn't blackballing him. Commissioner Roger Goodell recently said he was pleased with the way Incognito has embraced the fallout from last year's BullyGate scandal with the Dolphins. Training camp injuries could get Incognito back into the league.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...chie-incognito

He'd obviously be the best interior linemen on our roster, but is it worth the potential locker issues? I say yes. Anything to protect Andrew. I think Mewhort would work best as a guy who could backup all 3 interior line spots.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Carrying this over from the injury news thread, but yes I do think he is worth the risk. Our line is already in shambles and that was before the first drive of the preseason was over. He went to classes to improve his mentality, and if you seriously think he is going to go out there and cause disturbance in the locker room, you have no faith in second chances. He will be solely focused on keeping his job wherever he signs.. If not Incognito, maybe a trade for Alex Boone could be in the works? I really don't want to loose any more draft picks though. 4th or 5th rd maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    Carrying this over from the injury news thread, but yes I do think he is worth the risk. Our line is already in shambles and that was before the first drive of the preseason was over. He went to classes to improve his mentality, and if you seriously think he is going to go out there and cause disturbance in the locker room, you have no faith in second chances. He will be solely focused on keeping his job wherever he signs.. If not Incognito, maybe a trade for Alex Boone could be in the works? I really don't want to loose any more draft picks though. 4th or 5th rd maybe.
    Agree with entire post.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    The news has died down from all the Martin stuff and signing here would make a bottom line ticker but not a headline story, so it would go a little under the radar. My only worry is that we have a very young OL, and there is a slight chance that he didn't learn anything from the whole situation. I didn't see what he was doing (from the reports once it came out that he and Martin were friends who joked about things that most people don't) as being that out of line. I'd say give him a one year non guaranteed deal and if he even gets close to the line he shouldn't cross let him go....or if the locker room doesn't embrace him (remember we have quite a few players who were at Stanford with Martin) send him packing.

I think he is certainly worth a flyer on a no risk contract on a short leash and need make sure he says all the right things to the media and to his teammates....which would probably not be much other than maybe a one time statement saying he is there to put everything behind him and play football.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 08-11-2014 at 09:02 AM.

vCash
    Yea we could get him on the cheap

vCash
    I don't know. But the line is in terrible shape. I wish I hadn't been right about this in the offseason, but Grigson screwing the pooch on the O line again is just awful news for the Colts. I hope for the best, but expect the worst unfortunately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    I don't know. But the line is in terrible shape. I wish I hadn't been right about this in the offseason, but Grigson screwing the pooch on the O line again is just awful news for the Colts. I hope for the best, but expect the worst unfortunately
    The line looked really good before Holmes went down...and he isn't scheduled to miss any of the season...and we still have a few weeks of preseason left to sign someone another team cuts. So your prediction of Grigson screwing the pooch isn't actually true as of today.

vCash
    **** you guys, i brought this up months ago and everyone was against it....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thaShady View Post
    **** you guys, i brought this up months ago and everyone was against it....
    Tell us how you really feel.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    The line looked really good before Holmes went down...and he isn't scheduled to miss any of the season...and we still have a few weeks of preseason left to sign someone another team cuts. So your prediction of Grigson screwing the pooch isn't actually true as of today.
    the line was in really good shape? You my friend are insane. We had an unproven center, two unproven guards and two solid tackles. When 60% of your line is unproven saying the line is in really good shape shouldn't even be worth my time to reply to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Tell us how you really feel.
    Its funny how everyone loses sight of their principles when need arises...

vCash
    I don't remember how i responded but I usually am for the Colts bringing in troubled players as long as it makes the team better. I feel the Colts lockerroom is as strong as any teams.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    the line was in really good shape? You my friend are insane. We had an unproven center, two unproven guards and two solid tackles. When 60% of your line is unproven saying the line is in really good shape shouldn't even be worth my time to reply to.
    I didn't say they were in really good shape...I said they looked really good referring to the preseason game, which they did before Holmes went down and yes I realize it was just a few snaps in the 1st preseason game, however the NYJ have one of the better D Lines in the game. Again I said it was risky with Holmes along with you in the preseason, but at some point you have to use someone that is unproven, things like Donald Thomas going down along with Holmes weren't predictable. I think one of the 2 would have been OK, but with both out right now and Thomas gone for the season that 1st guy up now comes with the 2nd guy up. I think Grigson is going to bring someone in that can play center and guard, but right now the players available have a lot of drawbacks like injury history. Before this if Holmes was the center and Thomas was one guard do you think that many FAs vets would have been excited to come here and battle for a starting spot with 2 young players or do you think they would rather go somewhere where he was all but guaranteed a starting spot?

vCash
    No it isn't principals we are losing, but things have changed. If I remember right I don't think the entire situation was even played out before you mentioned it and details were still being proven right or wrong and even still coming out...and at that time neither should have been touched with a 10 foot pole by anyone. I still wouldn't want Martin as I think half the team would just walk on eggshells around him and constantly wonder if he was going to have a mental breakdown if they were joking with him, but I even said above since we have what...3 ex teammates of Martin's at Stanford so we would need to see if it would be an issue. If I remember right I was against it at the time but also believe I said I would have rather had Incognito back then as well depending on how it played out.

vCash
    He's cleared to play and sign with any team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast