Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Statistical Study from 538: The Pats didn't gain an advantage from "Spygate"

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/t...really-matter/

Use that when addressing idiots who tell you the Pats gained some sort of advantage because the numbers indicate they didn't (just as good after as they were before).
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    The comment section is pretty decent too!
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    The comment section is pretty decent too!
    yeah you don't really find idiots on 538

vCash
    Holy ****, a comment section in a Pats article that isn't full of people foaming in the mouths with their hatred. Now that's a rarity.
    People who want to discredit the Patriots will be unmoved by any evidence. They want a certain narrative to keep them warm at night.

vCash
    If you look take the time to actually look at the rule it is quite ambiguous as to whether or not taping during a game, to be used post-game is illegal, which is why the memo went out in 2006, which is AFTER the 3 SB wins, so anyone asking for an asterisk is ignorant of the rules, memo and situation overall.
    PSD's Brian Tyms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Holy ****, a comment section in a Pats article that isn't full of people foaming in the mouths with their hatred. Now that's a rarity.
    Yeah 538's a site mostly for the intellectual types (it is a stat oriented site after all) so you aren't likely to see many idiots roaming the site, which is why the comment section is pretty decent.

vCash
    7+years since its happened and we can't get away from it.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Looking at it critically I never felt that it had a major impact. I've always maintained that the punishment was more for the blatant disrespect that BB showed the commissioner rather than the actual deed. Didn't we get caught in GB in 06 and they did nothing about it? If it was some heinous offense that impacted games they wouldn't have let us off free. All teams got a memo and we did it anyway so we got punished for our defiance.

However, I've always said that BB opened himself up for criticism not his. Regardless of actual impact, it's against the rules and cheating. If someone wants to call BB a cheater he has no leg to stand on. He cheated and got caught. That simple. Do fans hype up the impact because they already hate BB and the Pats? Of course. But they can only do that because of the actions that BB himself committed so he has to live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team