Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jonas Valanciunas evaluations/What to expect next season

Pretty much a 2 part question

The guy obviously came with a lot of hype, and some here REALLY overhyped him. So far, why are your thoughts on him and his growth? are you impressed with how he's played so far? Disappointed? Or Is he playing how you expected him to?

Also, what do you expect from him next year?

I was personally cautiously optimistic and he's right on track in terms of the progression I expected him to make. I thought his peak would be about around Pekovic averages of about 15-17.5 ppg, 8.5-10 rpg except with slightly above average defense and 1.5 bpg.

For next year, i expect about 14-15 ppg, 9 rpg, 1.3 bpg with improved defense and aggressiveness on offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    For next year, i expect about 14-15 ppg, 9 rpg, 1.3 bpg with improved defense and aggressiveness on offense
    I agree with your numbers they are pretty realistic. I see him as a 14-15 ppg 9-10 rpg and 1.5 bpg

vCash
    For me, I dont really care for valancuinas to score that much. I want him to be a beast on the glass and rebound 11-12 boards, while playing very good D. IN terms of his offensive numbers, I want him to be able to step up when necessary and be able to stretch the defense with his jump shot. So I would like to see, 13 pts, 11 rebounds, 1.5 blks. if a star player like derozan is out, I expect him to get more touches and for him to step up when we need him. but No, I dont need him scoring 15 pts to help our team, I feel like derozan and lowry can take care of it.

[/Center]

vCash
    9 Reb is too low considering how our PF only rebounds 7 a game. we need mroe help on the glass. Val need 10 + for sure.

[/Center]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    9 Reb is too low considering how our PF only rebounds 7 a game. we need mroe help on the glass. Val need 10 + for sure.
    It would be great if he could ave. 12 rpg, but he is only 22 still and his stamina and experience doesn't match up well vs others. I think he can ave. 12 rpg by the time he is 24 but might be too soon right now.

vCash
    I want him to be able to play full games without fading in the second half. It took Noah 3 years to develop that type of stamina as well.

vCash
    14 & 9 next season.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 08-09-2014 at 06:41 PM.

vCash
    I want to offer jonas for DMC ... straight up.. I think DMC has a better skillset and more potential. just has to mature.

vCash
    why do you guys keep droppping valancuinas`s rebounding numbers??

in the regular season he AVERAGED 9.
    In the playoffs, he averaged the same minutes and picked up 10 a game.

This was in 28 Minutes.

With more experience and improved stamina and strength, I expect Val to get 11 in the future and there should be no reason why he cant bring that for us.
    Question, why do you guys aim for such low rebounding numbers? I know we havent had a rebounding center in a while but come on, he aint no bargnani, let's have some proper expectations here

[/Center]

vCash
    why do you guys keep droppping valancuinas`s rebounding numbers??

in the regular season he AVERAGED 9.
    In the playoffs, he averaged the same minutes and picked up 10 a game.

This was in 28 Minutes.

With more experience and improved stamina and strength, I expect Val to get 11 in the future and there should be no reason why he cant bring that for us.
    Question, why do you guys aim for such low rebounding numbers? I know we havent had a rebounding center in a while but come on, he aint no bargnani, let's have some proper expectations here
    he averaged 8.8.. i think he will average maybe 9-9.5 next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    he averaged 8.8.. i think he will average maybe 9-9.5 next season.
    8.8, you're right, I rounded up just for simplicity.
    I think it might be even greater than that 10-11(since he grabbed 9.8 in 28 min during the playoffs, a sign of growth)), if he's working hard on conditioning and getting stronger, he should reach that level

[/Center]

vCash
    8.8, you're right, I rounded up just for simplicity.
    I think it might be even greater than that 10-11(since he grabbed 9.8 in 28 min during the playoffs, a sign of growth)), if he's working hard on conditioning and getting stronger, he should reach that level
    hey its not like I want him to average lower rebounding numbers lol.. the more the better.

vCash
    It might be hard for Jonas to average 10+ rebounds simply because we have above average rebounders at every position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    It might be hard for Jonas to average 10+ rebounds simply because we have above average rebounders at every position.
    I disagree with that, we were not a top 10 rebounding team, we did not rebound enough from the PF, SF positions last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    I disagree with that, we were not a top 10 rebounding team, we did not rebound enough from the PF, SF positions last season.
    Well we were 9th in ORB% and 12th in DRB%. Those aren't bad numbers from a team that likes to play small. Rebounding will also be Bebe's and JJ's biggest strengths. Besides, there were only 11 players that averaged 10 more more rebounds last year. Most of these players don't contest in order to box out (i.e Love) or are on poor rebounding teams (i.e Anthony Davis). I don't think it will be that easy.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast