Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Raiders legend??? Or nah

http://miamimigraine.blogspot.com/20...ilyaw.html?m=1

http://instagram.com/p/re5gNeqnvw/

Yesterday I had the opportunity to talk football with a Super Bowl Champion.
    Even got to wear his Championship ring. Sweet!

Goooo Rrraiders!
    Last edited by EXTRAWON; 08-09-2014 at 11:38 AM.
    [SIGPIC]

vCash
    I don't know about his play on the field but his antics off the field are certainly part of Raider's lore. My favorite was when he [Philyaw] went to head trainer George Anderson with a fictitious injury (apparently Phiyaw had a history of being a bit of a hypochondriac). Anderson blew Philyaw off and growled "go see the Doc!" Philyaw then proceeded to knock on Skip Thomas's hotel room door. Thomas answered the door and ask Philyaw what was up, to which Philyaw replied hey man, my ankle hurts and the trainer sent me to see you. Thomas deadpanned you got to me kidding me get out of here. Thomas's nickname with the Raiders was Dr Death...

vCash
    Cool pick though...Thats way cool that you got to meet Philyaw and try on his ring.

vCash
    Philyaw is hilarious . He's anxiously awaiting "some of that gotdamn 'concussion' money".

vCash
    Congrats. That's a once in a lifetime experience which most of us will never experience!
    Cherish the memory!

vCash
    There are some stories about him from Villapiano in the Badasses book published a few years ago. Phil was in charge of telling Charles to play the run or rush the passer on each play.
    The autumn wind is a Raider

vCash
    Awesome stories guys

vCash
    I became a Raiders fan in the mid 70's, and I remember when they drafter Charlie Philyaw fan. What a charactor! Some of those stories are legend