Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Maybe NOW some of you will take your blinders off!! Mariota/Winston NEXT year!

Been a fan since 78. I defend my team tooth and nails. However over the last few years I would get pi$$ed when announcers/commentators would say we would finish last. I would say that is just hate or biased against the Raiders. Then we REALLY would be last! Then I would look like a fool for arguing thier case. Then FINALLY I said let take an HONEST look at this team, and see what others see, maybe I'm missing something. Sure enough, I took my blinders off and looked at us for who we are. A really bad team! Hey NO one wanted Reggie or Allen to fail. However, Although Reggie had a decent draft overall he still shouldn't be a GM based on all other moves. If Allen got fired would he get another shot to be a head coach? I can't see it. He has shown nothing as a head coach! This will be another waisted year with our division and schedule. Then we will start over next year. We will be in a race with the cowboys for the first overall pick

Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston or Randy Gregory

vCash
    Huh, what exactly did Carr and McGloin not do for your approval? They didn't drop all those passes.

vCash

Maybe NOW some of you will take your blinders off!! Mariota/Winston NEXT year!

Kinda early to be on a ledge...no?

Are you really surprised that a new group looked disjointed in their first preseason game?

-Stork

vCash
    Offense was very disappointing, However it's game one of the preseason. We will not know how the offense really looks until game 3 when the starters play the majority of the game.
    No doubt Schaub or Carr has to step it up. But our receivers must help the QB's too, Way too many dropped passes. I think rather than a QB....A stud receiver either through FA or draft is what is needed.

vCash
    Yeah... I think reacting this way to a preseason game is a little overdoing it. Especially as stork mentioned, we have so many new players on the team. With so many roster changes, you need a few games to get on the same page. I actually like what I saw from a few of our players- most notably our young DBs, our RBs and our QBs.

I think all of our receivers were disappointing... but again, timing is important, so i'll give them a chance to gain chemistry with the QBs first before I panic.

vCash
    It took until 2014 for you to finally take a look at our team? News flash!!! We've sucked *** a lot worse then we're gonna this year. Don't forget we've got the toughest schedule in the league this year also.

vCash
    I'm curious as to what Carr did specifically last night to have already decided he requires another QB taken in 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    I'm curious as to what Carr did specifically last night to have already decided he requires another QB taken in 2015.
    He's not the QB they wanted so no matter how well he does it won't be good enough.

Who wants a "Jelly" Sandwich?

vCash
    I could care less what happens in pre-season. I will reserve my judgement after the first 4 regular season games.
    Enjoy the pre-season for what it is.....just an introduction.

vCash
    I though Schuab looked decent. He made some good throws while his receiving corps were fighting a case of the drops all evening. On third down in the first or second series, he made the correct read on the blitz and the WR didn't. Result was an incompletion not a int. The Vikings dialed up quite a few blitzes for a preseason game, I thought our QB's stayed relatively composed.

Carr showed some promise, McGloin played well. MJD & McFadden ran strong. Its the first game of the pre-season fellas.

No thanks to Mariota. When is the last time an Oregon QB amounted to much in the NFL? Dan Fouts?
    Last edited by Proximo; 08-09-2014 at 10:39 AM.

vCash
    Again, though higher on Carr, I have no particular rooting interest other than the betterment of the team. I wish both he and McGloin to succeed. With that said, I feel compelled to make a general observation that isn't meant in any way to imply a misguided opposition to either. Just as natural athletic abilities and measurements can be overemphasized in projecting a player, so too can things such as moxie and work ethic. Along with drive and willingness, it takes ability and some tangibles to avoid being victim to limitations. Carr has his areas of question. So too does McGloin. His "scrappiness" is endearing and makes for strong support and cliche commentary, but it won't ensure the degree of success some contend. I don't know that he is ultimately limited, but that is the question about McGloin. Intangibles can take you far. Can they take you far enough? He will need to consistently illustrate more than guts in order to do so. I hope he does. It isn't a Carr VS McGloin situation for me. My mind leans Carr; my heart is neutral.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BallZ24Deep View Post
    It took until 2014 for you to finally take a look at our team? News flash!!! We've sucked *** a lot worse then we're gonna this year. Don't forget we've got the toughest schedule in the league this year also.
    He!! No. I knew this for years now. Some others still don't see it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    Actually I like Carr. He reminds me of a young Brett Favre in some ways. I just mention Winston and Marriota because if Allen has the year I think he will. He and RM will be fired and MOST new regimes want thier OWN guy. They won't be married to Carr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    Been a fan since 78. I defend my team tooth and nails. However over the last few years I would get pi$$ed when announcers/commentators would say we would finish last. I would say that is just hate or biased against the Raiders. Then we REALLY would be last! Then I would look like a fool for arguing thier case. Then FINALLY I said let take an HONEST look at this team, and see what others see, maybe I'm missing something. Sure enough, I took my blinders off and looked at us for who we are. A really bad team! Hey NO one wanted Reggie or Allen to fail. However, Although Reggie had a decent draft overall he still shouldn't be a GM based on all other moves. If Allen got fired would he get another shot to be a head coach? I can't see it. He has shown nothing as a head coach! This will be another waisted year with our division and schedule. Then we will start over next year. We will be in a race with the cowboys for the first overall pick

Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston or Randy Gregory
    :rolleyes
    After one pre-season game, let's just throw in the towel....seriously

vCash
    New players, new offense, new defense, new terminology and after one preseason game the sky is falling? I think we'll be fine, straighten out a couple of wrinkles and by the 3rd game we'll have a completely different look.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast