Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Flores to Play SS Going Forward.

Finally.

In an effort to start playing his younger players more, and after talking with Sandy Alderson, Terry Collins said Friday that Kirk Nieuwenhuis and Wilmer Flores will begin seeing more time in the starting lineup.
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/flores-...unger-players/

ESPN8 The Ocho has obtained a transcript of the phone call.

Sandy: Now you listen to me you little midget. I brought Flores up here to play SS, so stop wasting his bat on the bench, and put his mexican *** in the lineup

TC: He's not Mexican, he's from Venez....

Sandy: SHUT UP! I don't care if he's from the jungles of Iceland or some Aborigine. I brought him up, and I want him to play.

TC: But I'm trying to win games.

Sandy: How's that working out for you, you little pygmy.

TC: Come on, that's really not necessary.

Sandy: SILENCE, YOU FUHKING OOMPA LOOMPA!!! I want Flores in the lineup. Are we clear?

TC: What am I going to tell Ruben? I mean he's improved this year, and has been playing solid defense.

Sandy: Herpes improves too, but always comes back worse than ever. He's herpes! Tell him that!

TC: I can't tell him he's herpes, and I think he deserves to play.

Sandy: SHUT YOUR WORD HOLE, YOU MARSUPIAL. Here's how it's going to go. You can either play Flores at short, or in September I'm bringing Wally up to sit on the bench, and I'm gonig to have his **** surgically inserted into your ***. So the choice is yours. Who is your starting SS tonight.

TC: Wilmer Flores. Is there anything else?

Sandy: Yeah, I want Nebuchadnezzar playing LF until I can release Young and get that Aryan bastard Dan Derker up here.

TC: I don't know who that is.

Sandy: You know, the dutch kid. What the fuhk is his god dammed name? NewHeinzKetchup or some **** like that.

TC: Nieuwenhuis.

Sandy: Yeah, I want that little *** hole in LF until the kid who looks like a girl is brought up. That's it, now I'm tired of talking to you, you little homonculous.

Click.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Interesting.

vCash
    nice now all they have to do is throw chris young in a dumpster and all is right in the world

vCash
    Dr Trade approves this thread.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Thanks doc.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Young in dumpster

vCash
    Good idea but I'm afraid at the first sign of a slump Tejada will be back in there, especially if this team starts playing better baseball. I just can't trust Terry given the musical chairs he's played with Flores before. Let him play. We know what Tejada is at this point, a backup middle INF.

vCash
    I don't trust TC either, but I think once they lost those games to the Nats he new the fat lady was ending her song.

vCash
    What's the over under for when Tejada starts his next game? I say Sunday.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Over the last 5 starts, Flores is hitting .333 with 3 RBI's... And, his fielding is looking just fine, when he starts providing some pop with his bat, which he can and will, the SS problem may solve itself. I would absolutely take a .270 hitter with 20 plus doubles, 10-15 homeruns, and 70 plus rbi's and near average ML fielding from Flores for the year... He can and will do it in my opinion...Then, SS is solved... We all realize that AAA stats of 143 rbi's in last 162 games is not achieved by many...But, should serve as a reminder that it means he has the potential to be a Clutch hitter which we desperately need...

vCash
    Den Dekker should be given a shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    What's the over under for when Tejada starts his next game? I say Sunday.
    I wouldn't touch that bet since you are probably right. Maybe get Flores some burn at 3rd with the season Wright has had.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    I don't know why the past series against the Nationals was the season's death nail to be honest. I saw a lot of columns say that same thing. If the Mets sweep the Phils (which is entirely possible if they can get past Hamels today), they will only be 3 games under .500 and that would be their best mark since April.

Not suggesting they are going to make the playoffs but the Washington series didn't end their chances entirely. Playing these guys is actually a step towards upgrading the play at SS and LF (this season), especially if Flores and denDekker hit. It's not like CY was giving them anything and Tejada is one of the lighter bats in the league, minus the elevated walk rate.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-09-2014 at 11:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't know why the past series against the Nationals was the season's death nail to be honest. I saw a lot of columns say that same thing. If the Mets sweep the Phils (which is entirely possible if they can get past Hamels today), they will only be 3 games under .500 and that would be their best mark since April.

Not suggesting they are going to make the playoffs but the Washington series didn't end their chances entirely. Playing these guys is actually a step towards upgrading the play at SS and LF (this season), especially if Flores and denDekker hit. It's not like CY was giving them anything and Tejada is one of the lighter bats in the league, minus the elevated walk rate.
    The Nationals series wasn't the end of the team's season. It was more of a tipping point. It was the point where the FO realized that what it's been doing isn't working. Therefore, it's time for a change that will either spark a late season surge, or at least give them an idea what they have in guys like Flores and dD.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Tejada is garbage Flores cant be any worse

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast