Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Panthers Pre-Season Games

Who needs Cam Newton when you have Derek Anderson? Two nice runs to keep the drive alive in the first quarter.

vCash
    Matt Blanchard is ****ing terrible

vCash
    Ugh we are going to miss Ted Ginn so much on PRs. He might honestly be our biggest loss this off-season.

vCash
    Tavarres King is showing out. Foucault looks terrible...bending over at the waist and getting killed in pass pro. Joe Webb looks way better than Blanchard...no clue why Blanchard came in the game first.

vCash
    Darrin Reaves is a stout little RB. Might be a nice PS stash guy.

vCash
    I like what I see from Ealy!

vCash
    I'm a little late to the thread obviously, but Benjamin's catch is definitely something I wanted to see. I've heard about how great he's been in camp and to see him do that in a game (albeit a preseason game) against another team's starter with our backup QB makes me feel a lot better. It's probably too early to jump the gun, but I think he's got a really good chance at ORoY given that (to my knowledge) he's the only rookie WR projected to start with a top 10 QB.

Defense looked as good as I expect in preseason form (and with some starters out). Our defense in preseason is as vanilla as it gets, but I loved that goalline stand.

Bell impressed me, but I'm going to need to see continued success before I'm not terrified of him starting. Pass blocking overall was decent. Run blocking needs significant improvement given that we'll likely rely heavily on the run.

PR will be an issue I think. We've been pretty awful at PR for years, minus last year with Ginn. That said, I don't think we'll be hurting too bad at KR at least. Ginn was a bit overrated as a KR for us, but losing him will certainly hurt our PR.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash

vCash
    Is Bobby Agnese a name I should know? I'd rather see Brown on the practice squad for a year. Too many dropped balls for my liking.

vCash
    I think it's safe to say Brown is going to be a PS candidate unless he blows up the return game in the next two weeks. I don't see us taking 6 WRs unless we have a PR/KR only guy. Benjamin/Avant/Cotchery/King/Bersin is my guess at who we keep. I think Pilares might sneak on the roster over Bersin as well due to having been around the staff for a few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I think it's safe to say Brown is going to be a PS candidate unless he blows up the return game in the next two weeks. I don't see us taking 6 WRs unless we have a PR/KR only guy. Benjamin/Avant/Cotchery/King/Bersin is my guess at who we keep. I think Pilares might sneak on the roster over Bersin as well due to having been around the staff for a few years.
    I think the 5 WRs you mentioned are going to make the roster. After that I'm not sure. It depends if they want a WR to return kicks/punts like Brown or Pilares. I really don't see Pilares making it over Bersin though. I haven't heard anything about Pilares standing out in training camp or the games so far. Bersin has made an impact and a pretty big impression from what I keep hearing/reading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCarlson85 View Post
    I think the 5 WRs you mentioned are going to make the roster. After that I'm not sure. It depends if they want a WR to return kicks/punts like Brown or Pilares. I really don't see Pilares making it over Bersin though. I haven't heard anything about Pilares standing out in training camp or the games so far. Bersin has made an impact and a pretty big impression from what I keep hearing/reading.
    Yeah, I agree on Bersin, I just have this gut feeling that Pilares ends up being a "wtf?" keeper to start the season. He's not much, but he's the most experienced KR on the roster.

vCash
    I agree about the top 5 WRs listed, but I think Pilares will be the 6th, not in place of Bersin. The thing Pilares offers that none of those other 5 WRs offer is speed. That said, the biggest thing I've heard about this preseason was a 70-yard TD early-on on the first play of team drills? He'll have to do more on Friday, I think.

vCash
    I think we'll be without RG Trai Turner and RT Nate Chandler for this one, so we'll get to see what some of our depth looks like (probably just as bad as last season I'd imagine). I kinda hope we don't play starters too long since our OL is missing the right half, we have to hear enough about our bad OL from the media, if they underperform we'll hear it on repeat without the mention that our starters didn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    I agree about the top 5 WRs listed, but I think Pilares will be the 6th, not in place of Bersin. The thing Pilares offers that none of those other 5 WRs offer is speed. That said, the biggest thing I've heard about this preseason was a 70-yard TD early-on on the first play of team drills? He'll have to do more on Friday, I think.
    I think King is as fast, if not faster than Pilares.

vCash
    Pretty meh preseason game. I loved what I saw from KB, but otherwise the offense was a bit of a wash. Cam had some great plays (and some plays that would've been great in regular season on the ground), but it's obvious he's still shaking rust off, especially after missing Olsen on two huge plays. He looks comfortable throwing anything to Benjamin though so that's nice to see.

Defense is hard to judge given that we have a few starters out, but when starters were in they held the Pats to 3 points, but once Luke and Hardy came out it all went to hell (understandably). I think the 1st string defense is as good as ever though I'm somewhat worried about the safeties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast