Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Around the NFL 2014

New season!!!

so we can post news/comments about other teams here in this thread.

vCash
    Orlando Scandrick of the Dallas Cowboys has been suspended for 4 games...

Thru my ESPN app on my iPhone I got a message stating the following...

Scandrick is the 21st of 104 players to be suspended for taking "MDMA" otherwise known as "Molly"
    I LOL'd

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ubstance-abuse

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe has been suspended one game for a violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy, the team announced Friday.

Bowe, who is eligible to practice with the Chiefs throughout the preseason, will miss the opener against the Tennessee Titans on Sept. 7 at Arrowhead Stadium. He also can play in the Chiefs' three remaining preseason games, including Sunday night's contest against the Panthers in Charlotte.
    1 game is random seeing how Josh Gordon has a pending full season suspension looming

vCash
    1st time offence vs 3rd time offence. Thats the difference.

vCash
    Josh has been in trouble since college - thus coming out in the supplemental draft.

I remember being intrigued by his bio when he came out in the supp, but Cleveland paying a 2nd to get him in the supp draft was a big commitment. You usually don't see teams giving up a 2nd in the supp draft.

But man-o-man, leading the league in receiving yards despite missing two games?!?!?? Amazing!!!

The league really shouldn't test for weed. It's not like it's a PED. And it's no worse than alcohol and already legal by state law in several states where we have NFL teams.

It would be cool if the league would cut Josh Gordon's suspension down to two games (like Ray's). And just put some strings attached that he has to see a counselor. Kind of like a Good Will Huntings deal.

vCash
    Elsewhere around the league, I noticed that our former CB Dimitri Patterson is already hurt for the Jets. And so is Milliner. That hurts the Jets big time.

If EJ Manuel isn't improved, and with Kiko out for the year, I now see us as the 2nd best team in the AFC East.

And who knows if Brady/Wilfork hold up at their ages. The Pats could be had.

Maybe i've been drinking too much tonight but I'm optimistic.

vCash
    What's up with Patterson??

vCash
    Dudes falling apart like usual.

vCash
    So did anyone catch that Jadevion Clowney hit?? man is a beast

vCash
    Pats can be had but they still have Brady so we will have to earn it. I have more bad news. I have been watching all the preseason games and I was wrong (shocker). Garoppolo was the best QB in the 2014 class

also anyone who trades for Mallett is dumb unless you are the Raiders or Bucs. I dont think he ugrades any other teams and the Bucs are stupidly in love with whom they have
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 08-18-2014 at 06:02 AM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Pats can be had but they still have Brady so we will have to earn it. I have more bad news. I have been watching all the preseason games and I was wrong (shocker). Garoppolo was the best QB in the 2014 class

also anyone who trades for Mallett is dumb unless you are the Raiders or Bucs. I dont think he ugrades any other teams and the Bucs are stupidly in love with whom they have
    Too early to make that call. Bortles and Bridgewater have been looking good too. We'll see Manziel tonight (although I can't take much more coverage of him ). Carr looked not so great. But again, too early to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Too early to make that call. Bortles and Bridgewater have been looking good too. We'll see Manziel tonight (although I can't take much more coverage of him ). Carr looked not so great. But again, too early to say.
    Against 3rd stringers...
    Dodger fans...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitekimbo View Post
    Against 3rd stringers...
    Playing with 3rd stringers too. And who was Garoppolo playing against, the '72 Dolphins defense?

Our bet is still on, but you're going to have to be patient. Tannehill has 2 years on Teddy. Check back after a couple of years at least.

Gun to my head, I would still guess that Teddy will be a better NFL QB than our guy. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my best guess as of now.

I said at draft time...........that if we had solved RT with a vet FA.........and had been able to take BPA..........that I would've taken Teddy at 19.

The idea would've been to have him developing behind Tannehill and if Tannehill continued to struggle..........and not prove worth his next contract.........then at least we'd have good leverage/backup plan with another young QB developing.

Sure that would've proven wasteful if Teddy turned out to be a bust, but I'm confident enough in him that at the very least............even if Tannehill turns out to be the franchise QB that we're all hoping for..........then we'd still have excellent trade value in Teddy.

In short...........I still say you always draft a potential franchise QB unless you're 100% sure that you already have one.
    Last edited by Sparky; 08-18-2014 at 01:18 PM.

vCash
    Watching this Skins/Browns game and man there are flags and flags and flags just after every play

they are at 4 plays in a row with a flag

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPhins10 View Post
    Watching this Skins/Browns game and man there are flags and flags and flags just after every play

they are at 4 plays in a row with a flag
    Every preseason game has been like this, just awful. I sure hope the refs aren't going to keep this up for regular season. Almost makes me want to watch futball.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast