Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    35,012
    vCash
    1500

    Crawford cries again

    "That place is going to be the same forever and I don't want no part of it," Crawford told WEEI.com Thursday night, referencing his professional home for 1 1/2 years, Boston. "I'm happy where I'm at right now."
    Question: "Does it seem like a long time ago you played in Boston?"

    Answer: "Yeah, it does. I try and put that as far behind me as I can. I would like to feel like that, but it still feels fresh at times. Just because it was one of the toughest times of my life. That's a scar that I think will never go away. I'll always remember that feeling."
    "It was just different for me," he said. "Coming from Tampa, from that environment to that environment was so different I didn't really understand what I was getting myself into. I think that was the big thing. There was just such a big difference from what I was used to.

    "I definitely wouldn't have went to the highest bidder. If I could have done it over again I would have gone into more detail into everything. I didn't do any research about nothing. I didn't know much about Boston, only when I played there. If I went into a little more depth as to what I was getting myself into things probably would have been a little different."

    He added, "Once I realized it and I had seven years I didn't know what to do. It was just one of those things I had to sit out and wait. I was dealing with the struggling at the time and a bunch of other stuff. I had been in Tampa so we had been shielded from a lot of media stuff. I didn't have to go through that stuff. That was new for me, dealing with the media and stuff like that. I didn't how to handle all that stuff up there and it showed in my game. Then I started getting hurt all the time. It was just always bad, bad all the time.

    Consider it a seven-year, $142 million life lesson.

    "I would like to think I know when it's time to make big decisions in your life you know to do a little more research," Crawford explained. "Look into a little bit more. I decided to sign with the Red Sox in five minutes. I didn't have no time to think about it. They told me this, bam, 10 minutes later I was signing with the Red Sox. It was one of those things I didn't look into it as much as I should have. I didn't call other players and ask around. I didn't do nothing. I just had my eye on one thing at the time."
    "It's to each his own," Crawford said. "I think it's easier for guys who are homegrown. When you're homegrown, it's good. But when you come in from the outside and you don't produce as soon as you get there, that's when you have problems. Adrian [Gonzalez] hit 27 home runs his first year and they were wondering why he wasn't hitting home runs. If they weren't happy with Adrian hitting 27 home runs I knew I was never going to be liked. I knew I was in a bunch of trouble. I just knew I was never going to be able to please the people up there. Once you have that in your head, it's hard to cope with the day to day stuff.

    "That just wasn't the place for me. My injuries didn't help, and of course I didn't play well. I know up there I didn't play well and I took their money. ... Nobody wants to perform bad, or play bad, it just didn't work out and it wasn't the place for me."

    Crawford missed out on that world championship, and he hasn't experienced overwhelming success while with the Dodgers (with L.A. going 100-80 in games he has played). No matter, he said. Playing for the Red Sox -- at the top or bottom of the standings -- is never going to seem palatable for the man who recently turned 33 years old.

    "They say everything is different. But you can have a good team, but you can't escape all that other stuff up there," he said. "I don't want to get into all that other stuff. It's good they won a World Series, but I'm pretty sure nothing has really changed."

    Players like Lester, Lowell and Hurst might disagree. No matter. They aren't changing Carl Crawford's mind ... ever.

    Once again, we are reminded of the words offered by Crawford: "to each his own."

    "I just think it was a place I wasn't used to," he said. "It was just different. I really can't say it was one thing. It was everything. It was different from what I was used to, and I could never get comfortable up there."
    http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/ba...n-lesters-sent

    This guy has to be mentally ill. He complains about Boston every other month, why the hell would he even agree to talk to a Boston reporter? I don't know how someone so soft managed to have any success in the majors. If he was a prospect for a big market team with a rabid fan base I really wonder if he would have had any success in the majors.

    The hilarious thing is that he plays this victim card when he was not treated badly at all in Boston. There was only one bad incident where some ******* shouted a racial slur at him in a minor league game. He was never treated like Renteria or Lackey. JD Drew wishes he was treated like Crawford. He acts like he's a war veteran or Jackie Robinson with his ******** about scars. 99.9% of people would take your job and scars in Boston.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,327
    vCash
    1500
    I hope Crawford realizes that his average annual salary that he is making now is because of the Red Sox signing him to that deal....you're welcome you big b****.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,269
    vCash
    1500
    The frustrating thing is, he's clear-mimded enough to understand he played horribly and didn't come close to earning his contract... Yet still manages to play the role of $20m victim.

    Just looked up his stats this year, and they're horrible again. Good.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    220
    vCash
    500
    At this point, it would probably be thread worthy if he didn't cry about Boston. With that said, what's his excuse for why he's sucked so badly in LA?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,553
    vCash
    1500
    Since LAD helped us out by taking those deals off of our backs, I've rather enjoyed watching CC pop a load in his pants and then paint the walls of his mind with the droppings every time he opens his mouth about Boston.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    342
    vCash
    500
    I think its a non story. He clearly didn't like it here and admitted he made a mistake. Some people for some reasons just don't fit in. This was asked by a reporter just looking to spice up his columns with nothing to write about the actual Sox. He's said the same things every single time, so it probably is how the guy feels and you can't really fsault a guy for.... Feeling... And being honest about it

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12,131
    vCash
    1500
    He sounds like a ****ing moron.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,553
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcCrawford View Post
    I think its a non story. He clearly didn't like it here and admitted he made a mistake. Some people for some reasons just don't fit in. This was asked by a reporter just looking to spice up his columns with nothing to write about the actual Sox. He's said the same things every single time, so it probably is how the guy feels and you can't really fsault a guy for.... Feeling... And being honest about it
    At one point i had a quote by CC about a year and half before he signed here saying that he didn't like playing in Boston. Somewhere along the line the URL was taken down, but I didn't dream it up. So the guy knew he didn't like it here (why would he? he went years between hitting HR's, and had very anemic numbers here over a large sample size - which he practically repeated his first year here. So he came here for the money, which means that if he thought he wouldn't like it - that's on him, not Red Sox fans.

    Even if you discount what I wrote above - he voiced his opinion after he went to LAD. So whenever he gets the same question he repeats himself? Why is that? Does he not exist if his mouth isn't moving? Is he trying to convince more innocent lambs about him being guiltless? Maybe he ought to blame himself for coming here, everyone in the game knows Boston is intense, dinky clubhouse, meh facilities, high taxes, bad traffic, bad weather, nasty press and fans when things are not going well.

    Boo Hoo for Carl. He didn't do the job in Boston. Maybe a real man would take some blame for that instead of wearing out his voice trying to deflect blame. I find nothing about the man to admire or forgive. **** him.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    35,012
    vCash
    1500
    Sure, the reporter was definitely looking to write an article that would get clicks. Crawford has zero obligation talking to a Boston reporter over the phone. Why does he want to spend any of his free time telling a Boston reporter how horrible Boston is?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    220
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Sure, the reporter was definitely looking to write an article that would get clicks. Crawford has zero obligation talking to a Boston reporter over the phone. Why does he want to spend any of his free time telling a Boston reporter how horrible Boston is?
    Therapy?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,063
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    I hope Crawford realizes that his average annual salary that he is making now is because of the Red Sox signing him to that deal....you're welcome you big b****.
    He mentioned that,
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBoston View Post
    The frustrating thing is, he's clear-mimded enough to understand he played horribly and didn't come close to earning his contract... Yet still manages to play the role of $20m victim.

    Just looked up his stats this year, and they're horrible again. Good.
    He put up 2 war for the dodgers last year, I ain't complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystack View Post
    At this point, it would probably be thread worthy if he didn't cry about Boston. With that said, what's his excuse for why he's sucked so badly in LA?
    Then don't make one, I don't really see why this matters, I don't remember many threads like these last year when the redsox were competing, I think that it's a long two months until the season though.

    I don't care to defend him either, it doesn't matter.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,063
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    At one point i had a quote by CC about a year and half before he signed here saying that he didn't like playing in Boston. Somewhere along the line the URL was taken down, but I didn't dream it up. So the guy knew he didn't like it here (why would he? he went years between hitting HR's, and had very anemic numbers here over a large sample size - which he practically repeated his first year here. So he came here for the money, which means that if he thought he wouldn't like it - that's on him, not Red Sox fans.

    Even if you discount what I wrote above - he voiced his opinion after he went to LAD. So whenever he gets the same question he repeats himself? Why is that? Does he not exist if his mouth isn't moving? Is he trying to convince more innocent lambs about him being guiltless? Maybe he ought to blame himself for coming here, everyone in the game knows Boston is intense, dinky clubhouse, meh facilities, high taxes, bad traffic, bad weather, nasty press and fans when things are not going well.

    Boo Hoo for Carl. He didn't do the job in Boston. Maybe a real man would take some blame for that instead of wearing out his voice trying to deflect blame. I find nothing about the man to admire or forgive. **** him.
    Why would his answer change? Is he supposed to tell a different story every time he's asked the same question?

    He did, he admitted he played poorly, and was routinely hurt. He said that he didn't do enough research on playing in Boston, and that he only came to Boston because they offered him the most money, what else is he supposed to admit to? How much more responsibility dose he need to take?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Sure, the reporter was definitely looking to write an article that would get clicks. Crawford has zero obligation talking to a Boston reporter over the phone. Why does he want to spend any of his free time telling a Boston reporter how horrible Boston is?
    For all the non-answers that athletes and managers give, I'm not going to harp on a guy for being honest and not tip toeing around for the sake of being P.C.
    Last edited by ciaban; 08-08-2014 at 11:08 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    220
    vCash
    500
    Isn't failing to take any responsibility for his own failures kind of the opposite of being honest?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,268
    vCash
    1500
    What has Crawford ever done or ever won? Absolutely nothing.

    Who cares.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World


    Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

    Go Genie Go!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,797
    vCash
    1500
    I have to agree with ciaban here. The guy was asked a few questions and he answered them honestly. Sure he talked negatively about Boston, but he also said he was hurt and put up terrible numbers. Seems to me he is sharing some of the blame. Maybe he should just shut up about it, but it certainly doesn't piss me off as it seems to for so many others.

    The organization needs to take a lot of the blame for allowing such a ludicrous contract, I know many of us believed he was never going to come close to deserving that huge of a contract. Many on here thought he would not be worth it in any of those 7 yrs. I'm just surprised someone in the organization didn't smear him on the way out. It bothers me way more when that happens then when Crawford speaks honestly to a reporter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •