Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Lakers Coaching situation over the years is very.... unique

Mike Brown got the job by being "presidential" in his meetings, he talked up how he came from the San Antonio/Pop school of hard nosed defense and how his staff successfully utilized a dual big post-up offense. Which was important for Jimmy Buss, considering his hard on for Bynum at the time.

When that offense failed, Mike Brown brought Eddie Jordan on board and was devoted to installing some Princeton sets. The Lakers gave that 4-5 games before giving him the axe and taking the guy who would best suit Nash's game in D'Antoni. The 2 failed but both were a stark contrast in styles. Now with Byron, they went back to a defensive minded coach who ALSO plans on installing some Princeton sets.

Now Byron Scott should be an upgrade on Mike Brown, I just find it funny how the Lakers have come full circle so quickly. Has any team fired a coach for installing a system they didn't approve of, try something else, and then decide they liked the original format better. I get the feeling that the Lakers are making moves based on sentiment more than anything.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    I get the feeling that you are making this thread based on sentiment more than anything

vCash

Lakers Coaching situation over the years is very.... unique

Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    jordan is 2nd or 3rd when talking career but both magic and lebron are better all around players.

vCash
    Byron was the right choice all things considered. /thread
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Byron was the right choice all things considered. /thread
    What happened to your Doc Rivers pipe dream BTW? I forgot to check that thread after the first day.

vCash
    Lakers are an embarassment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGOFSPORTS View Post
    16 titles including 5 in the last 12 years and 10 in the last 30, only missing the playoffs 3 times makes you sound silly right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGOFSPORTS View Post
    You're an embarrassment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I get the feeling that you are making this thread based on sentiment more than anything
    Not trying to diss at all, no doubt Byron is the best choice they've ever come up with. But theres nothing sentimental about this;

Triangle, Princeton, SSOL, Princeton

Lakers are trying everything they can gotta give them that.

I know its a pointless thread but Im always curious if anyone notices somewhat irrelevant **** like that.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    What happened to your Doc Rivers pipe dream BTW? I forgot to check that thread after the first day.
    Dont start **** like that bro, Im trying to turn over a new leaf here.

vCash
    I heard it was Chaz who wanted Pringles

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    I never noticed this and I quite like the fact that you pointed it out lol.

This is far more thread worthy than the usual "Something negative about Lebron", "something negative about Kobe", "everything is rigged" or whatever threads are popping up repeatedly now.

The Princeton offense is a good offense and with the right players can be absolutely deadly. Unfortunately, Lakers don't have those players (imo)

Scott has been a very solid coach, he's not a bad coach by any measure. But overall I have found him a little underwhelming. Lakers, imo, hired him for three reasons;

1. He's a Laker guy. He has that history and he's close to Kobe.
    2. Familiarity, he's very much an "old school" coach. Not sure if old school is the right word but he's not pioneering anything new and I doubt he will be doing anything overly "modern" with his coaching methods.
    3. They're hung up on their past.

That last point is the most important IMO, you're history does not define your future. The Lakers seem very much like they are collectively trapped in the "Kobe era". They don't seem willing to move on and embrace the future and the way the game is changing. That's just my opinion though.

Has any team fired a coach for installing a system they didn't approve of, try something else, and then decide they liked the original format better.
    Watch this space, Warriors could potentially do this, hopefully not. But it's not impossible.

The Lakers need to let go of their past if they want to succeed in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    The hell are you talking about?
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10