Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Report: Thad to T-Wolves (update: Bennett not in trade)

Still two weeks before anything is official, but this seems to be very legit now.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ves_trade.html

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...t-in-love-deal

Since Bennett can't be traded again for 60 days unless dealt by himself, and it appears Minny can't make the 1 for 1 trade because of salary differences, there are a few ways it could be structured.

It could be broken down into 2 trades: Trade 1) Bennett for a 2nd round pick, Trade 2) Thaddeus Young for other players (maybe Martin/Barea). The NBA might now allow this because it would be an attempt to circumvent their 60-day rule.

Or it could be made into a 3 team trade for Minny to shed more salary that way in order to take in Thad. If they can find a third team. Or perhaps the Sixers work their way back into the Cavs-Wolves deal and make that a 3-team trade. This would certainly be more allowable by the NBA.

More reports of this are coming out online too, so it seems (as of now) that this is agreed to in principle.
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 08-21-2014 at 04:04 PM.

vCash
    hoops rumor saying its back to a 3 team deal now. so much craziness

vCash
    I really don't get it for Minny. Thaddeus only has one year left on his deal and then he can opt-out. Bennett would be a nice addition for Minny's young, promising core. Not that Thad is old (just turned 26). But apparently they reallyyyy love Thad. As a Sixers fan, I like this a lot. Getting last year's 1st overall pick for one year of Thad is a win.

vCash
    Yeah, I would keep Bennett if I was Minnesota.

vCash
    Bennett must really suck if thats all you can get for the former #1 overall pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I really don't get it for Minny. Thaddeus only has one year left on his deal and then he can opt-out. Bennett would be a nice addition for Minny's young, promising core. Not that Thad is old (just turned 26). But apparently they reallyyyy love Thad. As a Sixers fan, I like this a lot. Getting last year's 1st overall pick for one year of Thad is a win.
    Agreed...though I didn't realize Young was only 26! Seems like he's been around forever.

MIN got really lucky that LBJ went to CLE and opened up Wiggins for them... but it seems they are always trying to outsmart themselves. You have a chance to get Bennett locked up for 4-5 years, instead you're trading him for a guy that can bolt after the year. And if he doesn't he's going to command $12m+...MIN rebuilding should not be looking to pay guys like Young that much. They also have to pay Rubio after the season...

Keep Bennett, trade Pek & Martin for more assets and MIN could be in a real nice position.

vCash
    I think Bennett will bounce back.

Masai let's bring him home to Toronto.

vCash
    they are saying they might be including the miami 1st in this trade too

hinkie being hinkie

vCash
    I don't get why MN does this. Imo I rather have Bennett than thad

EVERYBODY RELAX, I'M BACK!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    they are saying they might be including the miami 1st in this trade too

hinkie being hinkie
    That would be crazy. I'd rather get Minnesota's first... But now we're just going from greedy to absurdity haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Bennett must really suck if thats all you can get for the former #1 overall pick.
    Yeah, that would mean minny doesn't even think bennet is worth his contract.
    Youngest GM in the league.

vCash

Report: Sixers-Wolves Swapping Thaddeus Young for Anthony Bennett

What's all this love for Thad ? I don't get the wolves on this one

vCash
    The fact that the sixers are trying to suck so bad is an embarrassment to the League

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    The fact that the sixers are trying to suck so bad is an embarrassment to the League
    Oh get over yourself. Last year's #1 overall pick and a 1st rounder for a 6th man who's going to opt out of his contract after the season isn't a tank move. It's objectively a great trade.

And if we're getting Kevin Martin in the deal too? 3 years left on his deal, averaged 19 PPG last season. Bennett, Martin, and a 1st round pick for one year of Thad. Yeah, what an embarrassment!
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 08-08-2014 at 11:42 AM.

vCash
    as a Wolves fan, I can't see us sending out Bennett for Young, I instead see sending a protected pick and some cap relief like Moute, and Shved for Young. The Wolves frountcourt has zero depth at PF, I would think Flip is trying to acquire Young to start, and Bennett to come off the bench.

But whatever. These rumors won't stop for 15 days or more. Just get it done!

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast