Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Anybody else relieved about Love?

Iam one Laker fan that is glad that he is no longer gonna be an option for us.I just felt about Love the same way I felt about Dwight, that they are not the guys to put us over the top. If we would have been able to keep CP3 and then bring in Dwight that would have been scary for the rest of the NBA. I do think that Love compliments LeBron very well but he alone was not our guy. Im glad this is over. I like Randle. Im hoping he goes into beast-mode the next two years and Durant wants to come play for us along side him. Were in good shape guys, we wont win a championship this year,but we have talent and future cap, its only a matter of time before a few studs decide to build a super-team in Lakers uniforms.

vCash
    Add another player to the Lakers miss list:

Dwight(for not re-signing)
    CP3
    Melo
    Love

And expect to add KD to the list in 2016

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post

CP3
    Melo
    Love

All these players would have killed our future. Before you start in on Durant, he is either going to stay in OKC or go to the Wizards....he wont come here, and just as well.....he's too expensive

vCash
    Oh yes. Our future is looking real bright?

What is our future again?

Anyone who didn't want love could be riding the short bus. Signing love would have given us a sure fire all star caliber player that we could build around. That would give us a better chance to sign another all star caliber player and or another max superstar such as Durant.

But yes hoping Randle turns into some all star player after next year to lure in a big name impact player is definitely a realistic possibility. Oh i forgot, someone will definitely want to play with Nick young as well!

What crack are some of you smoking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by royal bob View Post
    All these players would have killed our future. Before you start in on Durant, he is either going to stay in OKC or go to the Wizards....he wont come here, and just as well.....he's too expensive
    I'm rollin with royal bob on this one. we need a team a solid team of (like RB said in one my posts) guys at the 8-12 mil dollar range versus 1-2 superstars that take all the money. Look Miami had 3 max guys last year and failed to bet the spurs. Ginobli, Patty mills, danny green, tiago splitter, and boris diaw were giving the heats startes the business all thru that series when duncan and parker were on the bench. We need a team. A TEAM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozeman View Post
    Oh yes. Our future is looking real bright?

What is our future again?

Anyone who didn't want love could be riding the short bus. Signing love would have given us a sure fire all star caliber player that we could build around. That would give us a better chance to sign another all star caliber player and or another max superstar such as Durant.

But yes hoping Randle turns into some all star player after next year to lure in a big name impact player is definitely a realistic possibility. Oh i forgot, someone will definitely want to play with Nick young as well!

What crack are some of you smoking?
    Allstar players dont bring much talent with them. Lebron might be getting Love. but most guys dont wanna play for the minimum just to play for a chip at the minimum salary while 2-3 stars get all the dough, while they do most of the dirty work. Why do you think the heat couldnt get anyone to sign with them until Lebron left and freed up some dough? That big three crap is on a downward spiral after this new cba.

So none of us are smoking anything. We are in reality. Especially after the Paul George injuty.... Players want to get paid. so thats not gonna leave room for 2-3 max players. all the 2nd tier studs like deng, and stephenson, and bledsoe etc are gonna go get paid from other teams. Those team with 2-3 max players will have to deal with old veterans who wanna win a ring as bench players. And we all know first hand how that turns out, when we got Malone and G.P. to come join LA

vCash
    Pooping relieves me.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post

CP3
    Melo
    Love

Dwight - showed he's a #3, #2 at best, not worth it

CP3 - we actually did get him, that wasn't a miss, that was f'd up

Melo - dude was so back n forth. Even he said it himself, after each trip he wanted to go to that city and in the end he went with the money. dont believe the BS where he says he felt it was the best chance for him to win, that aws Chicago, if he really wanted to win that's where he would've gone. So it was either go to one of the best teams in the East for lower money, rebuild in new york or retool in los angeles. He chose the money, no loss.

Love - we didn't lose, Lebron went to the cavs and that opened up a possibility that wasn't there before and we can't lose out on someone who isn't a FA yet.

If you want to put it that way we lost out on

Lowry
    Lebron
    Bosch
    Wade
    Ray Allen
    Trevor Ariza
    Avery Bradley
    Caron Butler

do you see my point here?

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    He'll be an unrestricted player next summer. Nothing is set in stone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPKOBE43 View Post
    Allstar players dont bring much talent with them. Lebron might be getting Love. but most guys dont wanna play for the minimum just to play for a chip at the minimum salary while 2-3 stars get all the dough, while they do most of the dirty work. Why do you think the heat couldnt get anyone to sign with them until Lebron left and freed up some dough? That big three crap is on a downward spiral after this new cba.

So none of us are smoking anything. We are in reality. Especially after the Paul George injuty.... Players want to get paid. so thats not gonna leave room for 2-3 max players. all the 2nd tier studs like deng, and stephenson, and bledsoe etc are gonna go get paid from other teams. Those team with 2-3 max players will have to deal with old veterans who wanna win a ring as bench players. And we all know first hand how that turns out, when we got Malone and G.P. to come join LA
    You mean a finals appearance the first year they were together that would have been a lot closer had Malone remained healthy? Umm ill take that over what we have any day. People talk about that team like it was a disaster, they made the finals and had to adjust to a significant injury, they were a damn good tean. If that roster not winning the finals with Malone out is a deterrent to going after the most talented players available then you must be hot boxing the short bus.

Im not saying only target max players, but if a love or a melo is available for the max they should be the priority. You don't win ships with a team full of second tier guys. The whole reason having cap space is so good is that we can sign a player that we can build a team around.

Our goal should be signing team changing talents whenever possible. Everyone you mentioned are just contingency plans or players to sign after you sign your franchise player in FA. We chose to trust in FA to rebuild the team, and unless we can get our draft picks back we have little choice but to stick with that plan. The way to build througb FA is to build around a star player, those usually require max contracts.

Theres a reason players like Stephenson and deng didn't get signed before melo and bron did. Its because melo and bron are franchise players, deng and Stephenson are plan b's. I don't like Kobes contract but making everyone elses plan b our plan a is only gonna sef us back further financially. Right now Kobes contract is a hurdle for 2 years, we don't need second tier guys eating up more cap than they're currently worth past that point. Its the right move to wait on legitimate star talent and along the way ink the legit contributors who play for us to reasonable deals. It would be the absolute wrong move to lock up our cap space on 2nd tier talents and make it impossible to properly build through FA. We cant afford to sign guys based on potential, at least not until we have draft picks and kobe isnt signed for 24mil.

And if we did sign a max guy, and it didn't work out we can just trade him in 2-3 years for a handful of 2-3 tier talents that everyone is drooling over rigbt now. Excepr at that point thekr value would be based on actual production rather than potential and wed only be on the hook for 2-3 years of their contracts.
    Last edited by Trueblue2; 08-08-2014 at 07:20 AM.

vCash
    LOL... boy some of us Lakers fans a real funny. sour grapes anyone? come on man stop hating on everyone who don't sign with the Lakers. Having Howard and Love would have been great.

vCash
    My only thing is I don't see love as a max player. If bosh at 5yrs 118mil is bad love at 5yrs 120mil is worse. Who cares about him being a double double machine,clearly that doesn't result into wins. If a double double is important Chris humphries could fill that role and won't cost nearly as much.

The lost boys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    Dwight - showed he's a #3, #2 at best, not worth it

CP3 - we actually did get him, that wasn't a miss, that was f'd up

Melo - dude was so back n forth. Even he said it himself, after each trip he wanted to go to that city and in the end he went with the money. dont believe the BS where he says he felt it was the best chance for him to win, that aws Chicago, if he really wanted to win that's where he would've gone. So it was either go to one of the best teams in the East for lower money, rebuild in new york or retool in los angeles. He chose the money, no loss.

Love - we didn't lose, Lebron went to the cavs and that opened up a possibility that wasn't there before and we can't lose out on someone who isn't a FA yet.

If you want to put it that way we lost out on

Lowry
    Lebron
    Bosch
    Wade
    Ray Allen
    Trevor Ariza
    Avery Bradley
    Caron Butler

do you see my point here?
    I'm glad Tony Bosch won't be a Laker. Not worth it.

vCash
    Doesn't matter, I didn't want dwight, melo, love.

Durant will be the only FA I will be disappointed to not have in a Lakers uni.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laker Legend42 View Post
    My only thing is I don't see love as a max player. If bosh at 5yrs 118mil is bad love at 5yrs 120mil is worse. Who cares about him being a double double machine,clearly that doesn't result into wins. If a double double is important Chris humphries could fill that role and won't cost nearly as much.
    The thing is though that basketball is a team sport and wins is a team stat. There are statistics that estimate how many wins a particular player contributes to his team and love is among the league leaders. So his play either clearly does result in wins or his wins produced, win shares, and ws/48 are all extreme statistical anomalies.

He wont win games single handedly, but hes a top 15 talent arguably top 10, is just entering his prime, and hes someone that a good FO could build a contender around. Every year exceot last year for him Khan was his teams GM and he was repeatedly surrounded with sub par players. How many notable players have played for Minnesota in the last 5 years?

Having him in LA, next to kobe, with randle as a 6th man, is already more than he's been given in Minnesota. Put deng or Stephenson or whoever the flavor of the month tier 2 FA is next season on that roster and make signings that fit his game and you can realistically build a contender. You cant fault him for being on a team with a notoriously bad gm for the first part of his career, anyone that knows anything about basketball will rightly tell you he's a franchise cornerstone.

Say he leaves Cleveland next year to sign a max with us and im wrong and his presence on this team doesnt immediately translate into a day and night change in overall production. He's still very tradeable, the most hyped prospect since LeBron and last years 1 overall pick were just traded for one year of him. If he did give Cleveland the shaft to. come to LA trading him, in his prime, with multiple years on his contract would comand a kings ransom.

No matter what he's worth a max from any team that can give it to him and the performance of his Minnesota teams (that btw improved significantly each year) is not even close to relevant.
    Last edited by Trueblue2; 08-08-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast