Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

How Can Cleveland Afford Max Contracts For Their Big 3?

We all know about Irvings contract and that Lebron wants a max contract too. Now their going to sign love for 20 mil a year too?

How can they afford all this?

vCash
    Lebron told Gilbert he better pay the luxury tax if he wants him there. But it'll all work out if they get a title since Lebron probably generates well more than what the luxury tax penalties are.

Tristan Thompson will easily get like $9 mil a year as well minimum after this season. Waiters is going like $7 mil at minimum next offseason. The salary cap is expected to increase though at that time.

Which is why we need a hardcap.

vCash
    Kyrie isn't making 20+on his max
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    There's something called a soft-cap and a hard-cap, you can surpass the soft-cap or hard-cap to resign your own players or others using the MLE or vetran minimum. Only once you go over the hard cap do you pay a dollar for dollar tax

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Kyrie isn't making 20+on his max
    excuse me, 18 million

vCash
    You're excused
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    I think they can just get away w/it right now, but once they gotta pay TT & Waiters, their going to have some problems.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Eminem 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMan View Post
    We all know about Irvings contract and that Lebron wants a max contract too. Now their going to sign love for 20 mil a year too?

How can they afford all this?
    they have the rights to them and the owner is really,really rich

vCash
    My friend , you are right,I agree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    There's something called a soft-cap and a hard-cap, you can surpass the soft-cap or hard-cap to resign your own players or others using the MLE or vetran minimum. Only once you go over the hard cap do you pay a dollar for dollar tax

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Tristan Thompson will easily get like $9 mil a year as well minimum after this season. Waiters is going like $7 mil at minimum next offseason.
    Wat? 7 mil at minimum? Stuckey just got the vets min, they're comparable players. TT is not even a starting caliber big.

16 M a year between those two turds, at a minimum? Who on earth would do that?
    Last edited by MonroeFAN; 08-08-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

vCash

How Can Cleveland Afford Max Contracts For Their Big 3?

In a year Cleveland will be Miami 2.0. Big three and a bunch of ring chasers past their prime. That's actually why I was opposed to them trading wiggins. What if he really becomes a star? With his rookie scale contract they could have had

Irving
    Wiggins
    James
    Thompson
    Verajao

6th man waiters
    And a good amount of $ to spend on free agents.

And people will take a paycut to play with LeBron

vCash
    Verajao's $9.7 million comes off the books after this year.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron can help the Cavs generate a decent profit in the future which may make paying the luxury taxes easier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Fast View Post
    Verajao's $9.7 million comes off the books after this year.
    Which pretty much evens out with Kyrie's contract. I'm pretty sure James told Gilbert that he doesn't want any ******** going on and if they want to win, they better be willing to make some sacrifices. Heck, Gilbert is probably more than willing consider James drove his franchise to about $1 billion+. This franchise and city is only going to get more revenue over the years. I just can't figure out why Micky was being so cheap. You lose LeBron, your franchise value drops - that's pretty much a guarantee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    In a year Cleveland will be Miami 2.0. Big three and a bunch of ring chasers past their prime. That's actually why I was opposed to them trading wiggins. What if he really becomes a star? With his rookie scale contract they could have had

Irving
    Wiggins
    James
    Thompson
    Verajao

6th man waiters
    And a good amount of $ to spend on free agents.

And people will take a paycut to play with LeBron
    Until a star player or an above average young player takes less, this statement is false; not because of the Lbj factor, it's because of the living in Cleveland factor.

Time will tell though.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast