Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cardinals (61-52) at Orioles (65-49) Aug 8-10

St. Louis Cardinals @ Baltimore Orioles
    Friday, August 8, 7:05 PM EDT , Oriole Park at Camden Yards
    Justin Masterson, RHP

Masterson won his Cardinals debut, though there is room for improvement. He was able to finish six innings, but he walked three for the 11th time in his last 13 starts, and he allowed five runs for the 10th time this season.
    Chris Tillman, RHP

Tillman went seven strong innings against the Mariners his last time out, allowing four hits without surrendering a walk or a run. The right-hander is 3-2 with a 2.45 ERA in his past 10 starts.
    Saturday, August 9, 4:05 PM EDT , Oriole Park at Camden Yards
    John Lackey, RHP

Lackey tossed a quality start in his Cardinals debut on Sunday, lasting seven innings while allowing two runs. After he surrendered the two runs in the first two innings, Lackey retired 12 of the next 13 batters he faced to earn the win.
    Ubaldo Jimenez, RHP

Jimenez will be activated prior to the game vs. the Cardinals on Saturday. The right-hander, who's been on the DL with a sprained right ankle, will make his first start since July 5.
    Sunday, August 10, 1:35 PM EDT , Oriole Park at Camden Yards
    Lance Lynn, RHP

Lynn tossed seven innings, allowing two runs (one earned), on Tuesday against the Red Sox in a no-decision. The start was the sixth straight in which he has lasted at least six innings and surrendered two runs or fewer.
    To Be Announced
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    This should be an extremely interesting series. Baltimore has been playing really well recently, so we better generate some hits. Should be able to do so against Ubaldo, at the very least, maybe.

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    I'm looking for the Cards to win 2 of 3 by taking the last two games. Tillman has been great recently.
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    If we can get two of the three it'll be a good series! Hoping for a sweep but the O's are playing good baseball and that catcher they have up there is on fire kinda. What 3 or 4 straight games with a HR. Let's try to keep their offense in check and score some runs Cardinals! Go Cardinals Go!

vCash
    I actually like Masterson going here if he can be decent, he shouldn't allow home runs which come by the bundle here

I wish we were calling up Grichuk to play on the outfield this series but I get why we aren't but it feels like a waste we an added bat by putting in Bourjos. I'm one who wishes Bourjos was starting but that's more for what he will do defensively

But it is what is it. At least Bourjos will get some playing time and Holliday and maybe Carpenter will get some needed rest

vCash
    I am very happy to say that I have been in Baltimore for the past five weeks for work and will be going to tonight's and possibly tomorrow's games. Having never been to Camden Yards, I have no idea what to expect, but I'm so pumped to see Masterson and Lackey in action over the weekend.
    Hey groundhog, Jeff Passan thinks the Cardinals can't win anything. What do you think about that?

Challenge accepted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ehmiu:28905179
    I am very happy to say that I have been in Baltimore for the past five weeks for work and will be going to tonight's and possibly tomorrow's games. Having never been to Camden Yards, I have no idea what to expect, but I'm so pumped to see Masterson and Lackey in action over the weekend.
    Awesome man! Enjoy! I've heard the fans are great there
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    When will we all actually see this former #1 prospect Taveras start hitting ??? He's due to go on a run. 3 straight fastballs and wasnt even close. His swing looks way too long.

vCash
    Masterson sucks..

vCash
    Holy **** Manny Machado just hit a bomb. I won't lie. It was pretty cool

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Masterson sucks..
    Agree. Really put them in a hole. Seems like 10-0 with this offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Masterson sucks..
    His mechanics are a mess from his knee injury. It's made him pitch awful

Honestly I think they took him on as a well if he's healthy we got a great deal type move

I guess my thing is if he can just be okay through the end of August we can just move Martinez back in after he's had a month in the minors (which is good for him IMO). Just basically need a month from Masterson in the rotation and then him to eat some September innings

vCash
    Seen a stat where this year bush stadium has allowed the fewest hrs of all the parks in mlb. Could be a mix of good pitching...lack of power on this team...or could have the left field ball park village have something to do with it? Who knows.

vCash
    Ugh...

vCash
    Always liked JJ Hardy. Really wanted him this offseason but no way in hell you give up Miller for him like Baltimore wanted

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast