Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 242 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Looks like Pillar has continued to rake ever since his demotion. With our roster starting to get healthy, it's going to be awfully tough for him to get called up again before September (barring, god forbid, an injury to an OF).

I am starting to believe that we may be best positioned to trade Rasmus (assuming he cleared waivers) now.

It'd be hard to justify giving him a QO in order to reap a 1st round pick... so we might as well try to eat some of his salary and get a prospect for him. Gose and Pillar could platoon in CF (cause we know Gibby loves platoons) and we'd always have a capable base-stealer with one of them on the bench to serving as a 4th OF.

If I were AA, I'd most definitely be looking to move Colby before the end of the month!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    Looks like Pillar has continued to rake ever since his demotion. With our roster starting to get healthy, it's going to be awfully tough for him to get called up again before September (barring, god forbid, an injury to an OF).

I am starting to believe that we may be best positioned to trade Rasmus (assuming he cleared waivers) now.

It'd be hard to justify giving him a QO in order to reap a 1st round pick... so we might as well try to eat some of his salary and get a prospect for him. Gose and Pillar could platoon in CF (cause we know Gibby loves platoons) and we'd always have a capable base-stealer with one of them on the bench to serving as a 4th OF.

If I were AA, I'd most definitely be looking to move Colby before the end of the month!
    Pillar has something like an 18 game hit streak going on right now so its great... but issue with him he's always hit well in the minors, but he sucks when he is called up. Now part of that might be inconsistency and not getting regular at bats here but I dont think the jays plan to trade Rasmus now and go with two inexperienced bats for a playoff run. You just kinda have to realize you likely wont get anything for Rasmus if he walks in the off-season but I dont think any trade is happening unless its to bolster the starting pitching and I dont even know if you can get a half decent pitcher for Rasmus.

But Pillar will be here in Sept for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoney23 View Post
    If anyone is familiar with the Cubs farm system, I'd say we are the polar opposite of them. While they have arguably the best collection of position prospects in the league with Bryant, Baez, Solar, Alcantara, Almora, and Schwarber leading the charge, they are extremely thin in SP prospects, save for one or two guys.

The Jays on the other hand might have among the best collection of pitching prospects in the league with Stroman (graudated), Sanchez, Norris, Osuna, Castro, SRF, Hoffman (very highly regarding, even with TJ) leading the charge, while Barreto, Nay, and Pentecost are really the only three hitting prospects we have that have a chance to be regulars.
    The Cubs have been public that their strategy with drafting and trading has been to load up on position prospects and deal some later for pitching. So no, it won't be a shock at all when they start dealing some of those guys for pitching down the road. They have a ridiculous amount of talent.

Considering how up and down Hutchison has been, which Cubs prospect would you feel would be appropriate value for Hutch - Straight up.

I wonder if Hutch for Soler would be worthy of some consideration if Soler comes up in Spetember and proves he can hit ML pitching. He's been a fairly highly regarded prospect for a few years now.

Believe me, I don't want to give up hutch for nothing.. young controllable SPs with upside don't grow on trees.. I just thought it might be interesting to consider what he (the most accomplished of our young starters) could garner on the trade market.

Marcum fetched us Lawrie, so I wonder if a similar move could be made.

Considering how up and down Hutchison has been, which Cubs prospect would you feel would be appropriate value for Hutch - Straight up.

I wonder if Hutch for Soler would be worthy of some consideration if Soler comes up in Spetember and proves he can hit ML pitching. He's been a fairly highly regarded prospect for a few years now.

Believe me, I don't want to give up hutch for nothing.. young controllable SPs with upside don't grow on trees.. I just thought it might be interesting to consider what he (the most accomplished of our young starters) could garner on the trade market.

I wouldn't be apposed to trading Hutch if he scored us a real nice return but I think we all need to let Hutch get another year in at least, consistency is something he can figure out in time. I'll never expect an ace but he can be a solid mid rotation guy for the next 4-5 years.

Hutch has always reminded me of Marcum.

I think Marcum was a little more consistent, but he was also a couple of years older when he was geting his feet wet in the bigs. Hutch is younger, has better stuff, but has yet to prove he can string together multiple solid outings.

I think that in any other year, you trot out Hutchison and let him work through the growing pains of being a young starter in the AL East. The issue with this year, is that we're trying string together a run of wins to really get us into the playoff picture again. Hutch is a bit of a coin toss at this point, (as are Happ, Dickey, and even Buehrle of late) so it's pretty tough to compete with only one SP that you feel like might not get tagged for 6ER.

Id'm looking forward to seeing what our young pitchers can do next season, but it sure would be nice if they could get things together for this stretch run as well.

In other news, Kendall Graveman has continued his unreal season.

7IP, 3 hits, 0R, 1BB, 2K, only 80 pitches thrown in the start and he had an 11-2 GO-FO ratio.

His ERA across 4 levels and 148.0 Innings this season is 1.76! Yes, his ERA is lower than Ricky Romero's WHIP this year!

I know Graveman has come out of nowhere, but he looks like a prospect! Hope the kid keeps it up.

^^and makes for great trade bait in the winter as he probably profiles, at best, as a back of the rotation starter.

I doubt Hutch would ever land us Soler. Hutch is good, but has been very up and down. Also, he's coming off TJ.

Soler could land them much bigger fish than Hutchison.

Grayson Huffman has performed well early into his Pro career.

Our 6th rounder this year has pitched 27 innings to an ERA of 1.00 with 23Ks and a WHIP of 0.74 and an oponent's avg. of .086

Clearly it is early, but this kid has looked great in each of his 7 starts thus far.

Huffman hasn't given up more than 1run in any outing (although his last start was his first one over 4 innings.

Also, Rowdy Tellez is now hitting .469 in August.

Does anyone know much about Dan Jansen? Kid is a 19 year old catcher hitting around .290 with an OPS of. 875.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Huffman hasn't given up more than 1run in any outing (although his last start was his first one over 4 innings.

Also, Rowdy Tellez is now hitting .469 in August.

Does anyone know much about Dan Jansen? Kid is a 19 year old catcher hitting around .290 with an OPS of. 875.
    A snipet about Jansen before the 2013 draft from Prep Baseball Report.

6-foot-2, 215-pound catcher who has a pro style body already. Jansen is the No. 6 prospect in the state. The strong framed Jansen shows a strong arm and excellent pop times to second. His advanced physical presence and prowess behind the plate makes him a very intriguing prospect.”

Had the Jays only drafted Joey Gallo instead of DJ Davis like some here wanted back a few years ago (Or hell Corey Seager who was drafted next)..I know I know it's the past but man it would be such a big difference right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Had the Jays only drafted Joey Gallo instead of DJ Davis like some here wanted back a few years ago (Or hell Corey Seager who was drafted next)..I know I know it's the past but man it would be such a big difference right now...
    I wanted Seager

Page 5 of 242 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast