Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 245 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Shutout, Norris gets the win, Santos gets the save.

Man, a future rotation of Sanchez/Stroman/Norris/Hutchison looks pretty great right now. It's nice to see them all developing nicely at the same time.

Have a chance to have an accelerated re-build/tool/load whatever you wanna call it if we decide to trade guys like EE/Bautista/Reyes/Dickey/etc over the next year or two and get some nice position specs back, along with (hopefully) a lot of money to spend in free agency.

Wow 10K's and only 2 hits against a pretty good minor league line-up ain't to shappy for your first start at AAA.

One of the hits he allowed was against Wil Myers

Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Man, a future rotation of Sanchez/Stroman/Norris/Hutchison looks pretty great right now. It's nice to see them all developing nicely at the same time.

Have a chance to have an accelerated re-build/tool/load whatever you wanna call it if we decide to trade guys like EE/Bautista/Reyes/Dickey/etc over the next year or two and get some nice position specs back, along with (hopefully) a lot of money to spend in free agency.
    And hopefully Hoffman, Nolin, Osuna, Smoral or somebody else can also pan out. It certainly gives us a lot of options in trades.

Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
    And hopefully Hoffman, Nolin, Osuna, Smoral or somebody else can also pan out. It certainly gives us a lot of options in trades.
    Hoping Castro will be on that list shortly.....I'm still not a Nolin believer...at least not as a starter.

Yeah the rotation is shaping up well. Hopefully the Jays can unload one of Dickey or Buehrle and use the savings to re-sign Melky who's likely going to get a 3-4 year deal at $17 mil plus.

A rotation of Sanchez, Stroman, Norris and Hutch, with say Dickey would be pretty good going into the back end of 2015. And its a very cheap rotation for a few years.

I don't know that Nolin will ever be an impact starter in the MLB either... but he may end up being a serviceable arm that can make a spot start or two, and give your team a chance. I see him as probably more JA Happ than anything else, but a Happ clone (at league minimum $) would be just fine with me.

I'm beginning to think that MB gets traded in the offseason. I feel like we've got some great young building blocks, and that the money owed to Buehrle might be better used to address other needs (resigning Melky).

Granted replacing an an arm that is a lock for 200 innings is tough, but with guys like Stroman, Sanchez, Hutchison, Norris, Nolin in or near the bigs, we're probably in a position to hold onto Dickey and roll with the Kids.

If the money was closer I'd be more inclined to want to keep MB over Dickey because I feel like he would have more to teach the kids about how to be crafty. + Jiminez could take over back up catcher duties for Thole because no specialized catcher would be needed. I think it's a good call to keep both horses though. Maybe even go with a 6 man rotation since 4/6ths of it would be dirt cheap.
    The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the 6 man roto.
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 08-11-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Also I like that we now know AA's development pattern. Once pitchers hit AA, they're really close. A few months away. Meaning the guys dominating A ball are about a year and a half - 2 years out.

If anyone is familiar with the Cubs farm system, I'd say we are the polar opposite of them. While they have arguably the best collection of position prospects in the league with Bryant, Baez, Solar, Alcantara, Almora, and Schwarber leading the charge, they are extremely thin in SP prospects, save for one or two guys.

The Jays on the other hand might have among the best collection of pitching prospects in the league with Stroman (graudated), Sanchez, Norris, Osuna, Castro, SRF, Hoffman (very highly regarding, even with TJ) leading the charge, while Barreto, Nay, and Pentecost are really the only three hitting prospects we have that have a chance to be regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoney23 View Post
    If anyone is familiar with the Cubs farm system, I'd say we are the polar opposite of them. While they have arguably the best collection of position prospects in the league with Bryant, Baez, Solar, Alcantara, Almora, and Schwarber leading the charge, they are extremely thin in SP prospects, save for one or two guys.

The Jays on the other hand might have among the best collection of pitching prospects in the league with Stroman (graudated), Sanchez, Norris, Osuna, Castro, SRF, Hoffman (very highly regarding, even with TJ) leading the charge, while Barreto, Nay, and Pentecost are really the only three hitting prospects we have that have a chance to be regulars.
    Pompey?

I wonder if there is a trade to be made between the Jays and cubbies in the offseason that would address each teams needs...

I'd love to see one of Castro, Baez, Russell brought in to play MI for us...

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.j...y_35275383&v=3

Norris striking out Wil Myers yesterday.

Stroman, Sanchez, Hutch, Syndergaard, Norris. Oh what could have been.

Page 3 of 245 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast