Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 157 of 188 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2818
    Thankfully we gave Sr that minor league contract for like 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Thankfully we gave Sr that minor league contract for like 3 months.
    Right?! I think that helped a lot in negotiations. Seems like league wide Toronto has a well regarded development system.

BA top 100 prospects:

20. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. 3B
    Hit: 60. Power: 70. Speed: 50. Fielding: 45. Arm: 55. ETA: 2020.

59. Anthony Alford OF
    Hit: 60. Power: 50. Speed: 60. Fielding: 55. Arm: 40. ETA: 2018.

73. Lourdes Gurriel OF/3B
    Hit: 55. Power: 55. Speed: 55. Fielding: 50. Arm: 50. ETA: 2017.

75. Sean Reid-Foley RHP
    Fastball: 60. Slider: 60. Curveball: 55. Changeup: 45. Control: 45. ETA: 2018.

95. Rowdy Tellez 1B
    Hit: 50. Power: 60. Speed: 20. Fielding: 40. Arm: 45. ETA: 2018.

found this on FB page:
    Is there one prospect in the Blue Jays' system that you feel deserves more top prospect attention than they're getting?

John Manuel: I'm sitting here arguing with Alexis Brudnicki about Rowdy Tellez haha ... I'm obviously a believer. I also would say Richard Urena is a good candidate for this, and I be Bo Bichette gets on the Top 100 next year

I'm excited about Gurriel. Most of these hyped up Cuban guys never turn out to be superstars but still develop into good hitters. Best case scenario, he's our leadoff hitter.

I thought I read somewhere that Gurriel projected to be a super utility sort of player. Good to see him on BA's list. Also good to see five guys in the top 100 with a few knocking on the door
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 02-11-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Did you guys watch the videos of all our specs in the BA top 100?

Here's Vladdy
    http://video.grindnetworks.com/embed/L-Zzchqr5

Everyone's forgetting about gurriel for LF this season.

On Lourdes Gurriel

Landing the Cuban on a team-friendly contract was something of a coup. There has been speculation that Gurriel would start the season playing SS for Buffalo, but considering he's had almost a two-year layoff, that would seem to be optimistic. Similar to McGuire, Kim says the club is still getting to know Gurriel, but he has been impressed with the Cuban's work ethic, professionalism, and high baseball IQ after watching him work out in Dunedin.

Kim does acknowledge that Gurriel is probably the most comfortable at Short Stop, but says that he feels at home in Left Field as well. Understandably, while he's certainly expecting much from Gurriel in the future, Kim is not in a rush to name an April assignment for him. Much of that will be up to Gurriel himself.
    link

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Right?! I think that helped a lot in negotiations. Seems like league wide Toronto has a well regarded development system.
    I think the aggressive promotions of prospects during AA's tenure has helped as well

baseball prospectus came out with their top 101 prospects today. their list is considered to be the most Progressive of the top 100 lists because of their reliance on sabernetric tools, whereas Baseball America and MLB both use more traditional tools (scouts and scouting services) in addition to sabermetrics. I dont necessarily buy a total sabermetric approach because WAR overvalues defense, especially guys who cant hit but whatever.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=31160

there are 2 Blue Jays on their list

85. Sean Reid-Foley
    93. Anthony Alford

I am assuming Vlad Guerrero was an inadvertent omission

edit: I checked on this and no Vlad Guerrero was not an inadvertent omission. their explanation

"We like Vladito a lot, and he was in the 90s on various iterations of the list. In the end, we decided that the likelihood that he ends up at first base means we want to see him perform in full-season ball before pulling the trigger on him as a global top 100 prospect. I fully admit we might end up being a year late here, but that's the risk you run."
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 02-13-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Where did SRF finish the season again? If he's in AA, he's close.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Everyone's forgetting about gurriel for LF this season.
    Under AA maybe. Probably not Shapiro. But it would be awesome if he made his way up.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Under AA maybe. Probably not Shapiro. But it would be awesome if he made his way up.
    Depends how he hits. No one seems to know what he really is.

Gurriel hasn't played in a LONG time and although his age 20 and 21 seasons were very good, he wasn't the same kind of superstar in Cuba like Abreu or Cespedes was when they came over. He is much younger than either of those guys and isn't as much of a finished product.

That being said, both Cespedes and Abreu both had to take off a complete season before coming over and they both beat up major league pitching in their rookie seasons. One has to think the Cuban league has to be the equivalent of AA or AAA though, so he should be ready to contribute at age 24.(if he doesn't kick down the door and win the spot this season).

I would like to see him on the same team as Alford and Urena to see where he stacks up compared to our top SS and OF prospects. Sounds like it may happen in AA...should be interesting.

BPs list is a joke