Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Johnson activated; Betts Back to PAW

The Red Sox have optioned Mookie Betts back to Triple-A Pawtucket in order to clear a roster spot for newly acquired corner infielder/left fielder Kelly Johnson.

Betts started twice in five games after being summoned back to the big leagues on August 1, going 2-for-7. For the year, in 13 contests, hes hitting .244/.279/.366 in 44 big league plate appearances.

The 21-year-old has shredded the minors, however, for a .342/.429/.530 line with 11 homers and 30 steals in 88 games, including a .321/.408/.496 line in Triple-A Pawtucket. With something of a roster crowd in the big leagues that has the Sox rotating outfielders in and out of the lineup, the team wanted to ensure regular playing time for Betts at this stage of his professional development by having him return to the minors rather than dealing with fitful playing time in the big leagues.
    weei.com

vCash
    Why hasn't Kelly Johnson been DFA'd yet? I don't understand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Why hasn't Kelly Johnson been DFA'd yet? I don't understand.
    Probably don't have anyone better to call up and they want Mookie to play every day.

vCash
    This doesn't have to be an entire thread to itself....it can just be posted in the season thread IMO.

But anyways, I agree that Johnson should be DFA'd.