Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Excited to see your team play ....

I'm a Nuggets fan for life, but i'm totally intrigued to see what Wiggins can become...his athletic moves are similar to Jordan, and he has more facets to his game at 19 than Lebron did at 19...I'm glad he wont be in the shadow of Lebron--and even though Nuggets and Wolves are in the same division--it would be cool as hell to see Wiggins fullfill his potential, and make your "small market" Minnesota team a POWERHOUSE!.......it's NUGGETS for life--but it'll be fun to see if Wiggins can become--what we all think he can become. Peace.

vCash
    Maple Jordan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    I'm a Nuggets fan for life, but i'm totally intrigued to see what Wiggins can become...his athletic moves are similar to Jordan, and he has more facets to his game at 19 than Lebron did at 19...I'm glad he wont be in the shadow of Lebron--and even though Nuggets and Wolves are in the same division--it would be cool as hell to see Wiggins fullfill his potential, and make your "small market" Minnesota team a POWERHOUSE!.......it's NUGGETS for life--but it'll be fun to see if Wiggins can become--what we all think he can become. Peace.
    I appreciate you coming in here with compliments, but are you nuts with the bolded statement? LeBron, at 19, averaged 20 a night and won ROY in the NBA. Wiggins wasn't even remotely close to the best player in college basketball.

Wiggins is nowhere near that potential. I am hoping for something between Loul Deng and Tracy McGrady. A player who might make a few all NBA teams and 7-9 all star games. Anything better is gravy..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I appreciate you coming in here with compliments, but are you nuts with the bolded statement? LeBron, at 19, averaged 20 a night and won ROY in the NBA. Wiggins wasn't even remotely close to the best player in college basketball.

Wiggins is nowhere near that potential. I am hoping for something between Loul Deng and Tracy McGrady. A player who might make a few all NBA teams and 7-9 all star games. Anything better is gravy..
    No I am not nuts...I'm not talking statistics, i'm talking about physical athletic ability, and having more to his game than being an upfront brute like Lebron....It took Lebron a couple of seasons to develop a back-to-basket/post up game--Wiggins can already do it....Only problem with Wiggins is his young, immature-esque IQ.

vCash

I am similarly not as high on Wiggins, and think the range of Deng to McGrady is alright, but I think that the average pan-out will be him being a, say, top 10 sg/sf. I think making a few all NBA teams and 7-9 all star games would be a really good turn out for him- he'd probably be considered a superstar in such a scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pvr2221 View Post
    I am similarly not as high on Wiggins, and think the range of Deng to McGrady is alright, but I think that the average pan-out will be him being a, say, top 10 sg/sf. I think making a few all NBA teams and 7-9 all star games would be a really good turn out for him- he'd probably be considered a superstar in such a scenario.
    I think you are either missing on what Hawk was saying, or thinking that Wolves fans are expecting Wiggins to be a LeBron type player.
    The type of player most fans are hoping Wiggins turns into, is the type of player Hawk described. He was pointing out to someone else that claiming Wiggins is further developed offensively than LeBron was at the age, is not realistic.
    Though, I do think the hope is that he will be more than just a top 10 SG/SF, and if that is the case, he wouldnt be making 7-9 all star games, or be making any all NBA team. Being a top ten SG/SF puts him in the range of the Josh Smith/Jeff Green tier.
    I think the hope is he will be a top 10-15 player, not just top 10 SG/SF/
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 08-08-2014 at 01:01 AM.

vCash
    Paul George is by far the best comparison IMO. Very good defense, great length, developing jumper but looks good, handles need a little work, uber-athlete

Obviously he is a couple years from being PG level, but that is my favorite comparison

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    Paul George is by far the best comparison IMO. Very good defense, great length, developing jumper but looks good, handles need a little work, uber-athlete

Obviously he is a couple years from being PG level, but that is my favorite comparison
    PG is a great player, but my expectations are higher. PG was never needed as the "guy" on Indi in his rookie year, that is different for Wiggins in Minnesota. Minnesota needs Wiggins to be the "guy." And he will be given the opportunity immediately to be. PG was an unexpected surprise for Indi, in Minnesota, all eyes will be on Wiggins...the guy who was supposed to be the best prospect since LBJ...until college hit.

As much as I dislike Cowherd, I liked his take on Wiggins, which is that...Wiggins is a prodigy. If you put, say...a math prodigy in public school classes, the guy/gal might get bored, and not live up to expectations, but when that prodigy graduates, and is with the big boys, that is when the guy shines.

This take by Cowherd by the way, isnt a recent one. It was one I heard on his show during March Madness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    PG is a great player, but my expectations are higher. PG was never needed as the "guy" on Indi in his rookie year, that is different for Wiggins in Minnesota. Minnesota needs Wiggins to be the "guy." And he will be given the opportunity immediately to be. PG was an unexpected surprise for Indi, in Minnesota, all eyes will be on Wiggins...the guy who was supposed to be the best prospect since LBJ...until college hit.

As much as I dislike Cowherd, I liked his take on Wiggins, which is that...Wiggins is a prodigy. If you put, say...a math prodigy in public school classes, the guy/gal might get bored, and not live up to expectations, but when that prodigy graduates, and is with the big boys, that is when the guy shines.

This take by Cowherd by the way, isnt a recent one. It was one I heard on his show during March Madness.
    Will he be asked to be the "guy' though. The way the team is constructed now and unless we move some of our starters he will be slotted in next to Rubio, Martin, Pek. I am guessing he takes Brewer starting position right? So Martin and Pek take the load offensively and he is asked to do his job defensively next to Rubio. I mean he has contributors next to him. He is not asked to do a "LeBron take this pieces of garbage to the finals" thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Will he be asked to be the "guy' though. The way the team is constructed now and unless we move some of our starters he will be slotted in next to Rubio, Martin, Pek. I am guessing he takes Brewer starting position right? So Martin and Pek take the load offensively and he is asked to do his job defensively next to Rubio. I mean he has contributors next to him. He is not asked to do a "LeBron take this pieces of garbage to the finals" thing.
    This is really the reason why we need to move at least one of Martin/Pek, or at the very least put one of them in a reserve role. Anyways, we are talking like it's a done deal, it may still not go through and get Vetoed by the league for example(unlikely).

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    No I am not nuts...I'm not talking statistics, i'm talking about physical athletic ability, and having more to his game than being an upfront brute like Lebron....It took Lebron a couple of seasons to develop a back-to-basket/post up game--Wiggins can already do it....Only problem with Wiggins is his young, immature-esque IQ.
    Honestly I don't care what skill level a guy is when measuring impact is so much more important. Wiggins will almost for sure have nowhere near the year 1 impact LeBron did, and probably will never be near the same player.

What we are hoping for, is that we are getting a player who can be a top 10-20 player during his peak. And that is far more realistic. We are going to suck next year. For sure. But we will be fun to watch.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    in year 1, Wiggins won't be asked to be the #1. But he better be after a season or two under his belt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post

wasn't paul George known as a good shooter at fresno state

vCash
    Honestly I don't care what skill level a guy is when measuring impact is so much more important. Wiggins will almost for sure have nowhere near the year 1 impact LeBron did, and probably will never be near the same player.

What we are hoping for, is that we are getting a player who can be a top 10-20 player during his peak. And that is far more realistic. We are going to suck next year. For sure. But we will be fun to watch.
    You dont care about skill level, but im not you...I see something special in Wiggins that I didnt see in Lebron, athletically. Wiggins is 19 years old, and unfortunately sounds like he has JR Smith IQ level ...thats his downfall! It's all going to be mental with Wiggins.

vCash
    When KG was first here, I didn't understand a word he said. He couldn't get a minimum act score to attend college. Do you know how stupid you need to be in order to not even qualify for an athletic scholarship?

He turned out fine. I am more worried about Wiggins lack of aggressiveness. But, he has potential to be a good player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast