Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Lets trade for a backup QB if Weeden blows tonight

If Brandon Weeden stinks up the field tonight I think we should looking into trading for another QB, because I don't think Romo will last 16 games this season. personally I think Ryan Mallett would be a nice fit for us with this new offensive line and he can throw the heck out of the deep ball.

Just my 2 cents if Weeden looks horrible
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    If Brandon Weeden stinks up the field tonight I think we should looking into trading for another QB, because I don't think Romo will last 16 games this season. personally I think Ryan Mallett would be a nice fit for us with this new offensive line and he can throw the heck out of the deep ball.

patriots want at least a 2nd for mallet, at least that's what was reported predraft.

eff that. malletts contract is almost up to, so not only would we have to trade for him, give up the valuable picks, but then get him to sign long term...

lets wait and see what weeden does before we plan for his replacement.

vCash
    If Romo gets hurt this team is going to suck regardless of who the backup is. If Romo goes down early and is out for the year I would rather tank it and get a good draft pick.
    Hopefully Weeden is good enough to play in a short term basis.

vCash

Why you always so negative man? This isn't Madden. Weeden threw for a ton of yards in Cleveland with nobody. Personally I love Weeden as the backup. He's a decent qb that CAN make all the throws. Weeden never really stunk it up, he was in CLEVELAND. Look who he has to throw to here. You're forgetting that he was a hell of a qb at okla st. I don't understand the constant negativity, try looking at the bright side of things for a change.

vCash
    Blacknell, what if Weeden strAight kills it out here? You gonna be screaming trade Romo? lol. Take a happy puff and let this **** play out. If its meant to be then it'll happen. Cant stop fate. If our oline does it's job then this team will be a force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboysride View Post
    Why you always so negative man? This isn't Madden. Weeden threw for a ton of yards in Cleveland with nobody. Personally I love Weeden as the backup. He's a decent qb that CAN make all the throws. Weeden never really stunk it up, he was in CLEVELAND. Look who he has to throw to here. You're forgetting that he was a hell of a qb at okla st. I don't understand the constant negativity, try looking at the bright side of things for a change.
    I don't think trading for Mallett is a Madden trade at all and i'm sure nobody sees Mallett as Peyton Manning type player. Lol nor did i mention trade a7th round pick for Mallett, also I don't think anybody trades for Mallett on Madden. Weeden can't make all the throws and he has failed to do so since entering the NFL. He was benched and cut for a reason and i'm sure it wasn't because he was making all the throws, well maybe to the other team. 23td-26ints is far from great by the way and JOSH GORDON IS GREAT

1700 yards 9td-9int enough said...
    I like to keep it real and tell it how I see it, not say what people want to hear.
    Rawz no way I would give up a 2nd for him unless he tears it up this preseason against #1's

vCash
    if Weeden balls out, i'm going to say Weeden balls out plain and simple. Lol i'm not going to be upset if he dominates because it wins football games for us. FYI i was very vocal about not giving Romo the extension last season, he is not a 100 million dollar guy

vCash
    Weeden is a solid backup. He can sling the rock real good for a backup.

vCash
    Weeden should do fine, plus remember we have a running back by the name of Demarco Murray who when healthy is a BEAST!

REGARDLESS of the fact like someone else mentioned if Romos out we might as well tank.

Oline had improved , Dez seems more mature, coming off a career year, we have Twill, beasley, Harris, Street and the other rookie wideouts, Wotten, escobar etc.. Shall I continue ?

Btw is only pre season game 1

vCash
    Well said Jose. TONS of weapons. Literally.

vCash
    if Weeden balls out, i'm going to say Weeden balls out plain and simple. Lol i'm not going to be upset if he dominates because it wins football games for us. FYI i was very vocal about not giving Romo the extension last season, he is not a 100 million dollar guy
    You realize Romo is barely a top 10 paid QB? When Wilson, Luck and RG3 get new contracts Romos contract will look pathetic. I guarantee you that had Romo been a free agent that many teams would of paid him that contract. He got market value. Nothing more nothing less.

vCash
    i retract my previous statements I would rather keep Weeden and forget about Mallett. Weeden is a better QB after watching him play and catching bits of Mallett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    You realize Romo is barely a top 10 paid QB? When Wilson, Luck and RG3 get new contracts Romos contract will look pathetic. I guarantee you that had Romo been a free agent that many teams would of paid him that contract. He got market value. Nothing more nothing less.
    notice that none of those guys you mentioned are out of their prime, all are under 30 and all have been to the playoffs the past 3 seasons. We have a 100 Million dollar guy who might not be able to take another NFL hit and lost his ability to throw the deep ball and this was before the back injury last season.

vCash
    notice that none of those guys you mentioned are out of their prime, all are under 30 and all have been to the playoffs the past 3 seasons. We have a 100 Million dollar guy who might not be able to take another NFL hit and lost his ability to throw the deep ball and this was before the back injury last season.
    You're just talkin out of your *** now. Peyton had NECK surgery twice...hes taking hits and hes pushing 40. Lost his ability to throw the deep ball? You're smoking some real good stuff. You're so negative...thats all you are...typical Romo hater. Romo threw 31tds and only 10picks in 15 games. Threw an unbelievable game winning td to Murray to put this team in place to go to the playoffs. How many games did the defense blow last year? And you're talking **** about Romo...thank God you're not running the team. You'd trade Romo and Weeden and would be starting Hanie. Thank god your opinion is exactly that. An opinion. Not a fact.

vCash
    Blacknell..when Romo balls out and throws for 40 tds this year, you'll be retracting your words AGAIN. If your gonna knock on this team atleast knock on the people who deserve it. The defense. Once again, thank God your not running the team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast