Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Loved and Lost: 10 former St. Louis athletes we miss

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) Starting Tuesday night, the Cardinals will host the Boston Red Sox for a 3-game series. And while it is the rematch of the 2013 World Series, it is also the return of a familiar face: Joe Kelly. The beloved former Cardinals pitcher was traded last week and a recent GIF of his less-than-enthusiastic face was widely shared across the web.
    1. Joe Kelly (current team: Boston Red Sox)

2. Andy McDonald (current team: Retired)

3. Jaroslav Halak (current team: New York Islanders)

4. Carlos Beltran (current team: New York Yankees)

5. David Perron (current team: Edmonton Oilers)

6. Danny Amendola (current team: New England Patriots)

7. Vladimir Sobotka (current team: Avangard Omsk)

8. Albert Pujols (current team: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim)

9. Steven Jackson (current team: Atlanta Falcons)

10. David Freese (current team: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim)

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/05/loved-...letes-we-miss/

Thoughts?
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Am I the only one who doesn't Pujols? I mean, maybe it was just the glory of him as a cardinal but once he left and you heard some of the things going on in huge club house like his basically you have to feel how albert says it's okay to feel **** you kinda realize he's kinda a dick

vCash
    Hopefully there will be a new list this offseason with Matheny on it..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15:28898805
    Am I the only one who doesn't Pujols? I mean, maybe it was just the glory of him as a cardinal but once he left and you heard some of the things going on in huge club house like his basically you have to feel how albert says it's okay to feel **** you kinda realize he's kinda a dick
    He's been very nice to me and others the times I've met him, but granted I wasn't in the clubhouse with him.
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Hopefully there will be a new list this offseason with Matheny on it..
    It's the loved and lost list buddy. Not the "we partied hardest when your *** got fired list" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    He's been very nice to me and others the times I've met him, but granted I wasn't in the clubhouse with him.
    See that's the thing. I think he's brilliant in the sense he understands that he shouldn't ever take it out on fans because that's how you become completely disliked like Bonds

But he's always been a dick to the media, which fine, I get, every night constant questions, fine. But then in the clubhouse to try to be that controlling and basically decide if albert doesn't like someone no one likes him. Honestly. I think you can put a lot of the club house issues in 2010 on him and his contract. Definitely not everything but a lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    It's the loved and lost list buddy. Not the "we partied hardest when your *** got fired list" lol

See that's the thing. I think he's brilliant in the sense he understands that he shouldn't ever take it out on fans because that's how you become completely disliked like Bonds

But he's always been a dick to the media, which fine, I get, every night constant questions, fine. But then in the clubhouse to try to be that controlling and basically decide if albert doesn't like someone no one likes him. Honestly. I think you can put a lot of the club house issues in 2010 on him and his contract. Definitely not everything but a lot
    From everything I heard, him and Holliday didnt have much love for each other, I always heard they always stayed apart from each other in dugout and clubhouse. I always heard Albert was a dick in the clubhouse.
    The Ulitmate Warrior

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by freydoggy View Post
    From everything I heard, him and Holliday didnt have much love for each other, I always heard they always stayed apart from each other in dugout and clubhouse. I always heard Albert was a dick in the clubhouse.
    I hadn't heard the Holliday stuff. But that doesn't surprise me at all. But I heard the same thing about in the club house. That's why I can't say I miss him

vCash
    I miss Rick Ankiel
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlumpledink View Post
    I miss Rick Ankiel
    I still think he should have given pitching another try before retiring but I think he was just to mentally drained for it

vCash
    I still think he should have given pitching another try before retiring but I think he was just to mentally drained for it
    I agree, on both counts. He was so exciting to watch pitch, I loved that combination of fastball and curveball that he possessed. The high socks were cool too

vCash
    I agree, on both counts. He was so exciting to watch pitch, I loved that combination of fastball and curveball that he possessed. The high socks were cool too
    Speaking of high socks, did you guys see the first game after Masterson was traded to the cardinals the entire Indians team wore high socks

I thought that was great

vCash
    Speaking of high socks, did you guys see the first game after Masterson was traded to the cardinals the entire Indians team wore high socks

I thought that was great
    I didn't see it but I heard about it, I think that is really classy. Shows what kind of guy Masterson is if he can elicit that kind of response in a team. Matheny mentioned that he knew Masterson would fit in well with our team. Must be a good clubhouse guy

vCash
    I didn't see it but I heard about it, I think that is really classy. Shows what kind of guy Masterson is if he can elicit that kind of response in a team. Matheny mentioned that he knew Masterson would fit in well with our team. Must be a good clubhouse guy
    Everyone here where I live always has liked him

vCash
    Do you live near Cleveland?

vCash
    Do you live near Cleveland?
    Well. Kinda lol but I know about him because live in beavercreek (4 hours from Cleveland. Actually In Cleveland now, just got done seeing the house from a Christmas story lol) where he attended high school. He graduated with my sister from the same high school I graduated from several years later. He's still around here often in the offseason. My nephew met him last year at a University of Dayton basketball game up in the suites. Except he had bought his and my nephew won tickets for there lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast