Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Where willl Moose play next season?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Detroit

    1 14.29%
  • Somewhere else

    6 85.71%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    12,305
    vCash
    1500

    *UPDATE* Moose says he will sign QO..... Or not?

    The Detroit Pistons have presented an offer to restricted free agent Greg Monroe that would make the big man the highest paid player on the team, but it is still not enough to convince Monroe to sign a contract.

    That latest bit of news comes from Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press, who is plugged in and has covered the Greg Monroe saga better than anyone else. The pertinent info from Ellis:

    The Pistons have moved from the initial five-year, $60-million offer and an offer that's slightly better than the four-year, $54-million deal that Josh Smith signed last summer is on the table.

    But the offer to make him the highest paid player on the roster hasn't brokered an agreement. And negotiations aren't ongoing.
    http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/8...fer-josh-smith


    Thoughts?
    If this is legit, I think its clear that he seriously wants out then....he's not going to get any better than that IMO.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,061
    vCash
    1500

    Report: Pistons new offer would make Greg Monroe highest paid player on team

    Hoping it's just a rumor.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,792
    vCash
    1500
    "5 year deal is worth 6 million more than Smith's deal, therefore somehow making him the highest paid player on the team despite Smith making 13-13.5 million per year, and Monroe's contract is closer to 12 million per."

    In a word: ********.


    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    16,305
    vCash
    500
    yeah, highest paid per year or highest paid in overall contract?

    Either way it doesn't matter, it seems clear to me he doesn't want to be here as long as Smith is around.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    12,305
    vCash
    1500
    I'm guessing overall money...unless they offered him the max he can't make more than Smith(or that's the impression over the course of this crazy CBA rules & **** I picked up).

    Anyways, I'm skeptical of this. First, why would the Pistons increase their offer if a team has yet to show serious interest in signing Monroe. IMO no need to move from the initial offer. Secondly, why in the world would Moose reject this? He's not going to get a max offer. If he doesn't want to be here I'm sure the Pistons would have cut off all negotiations and just focus on a S&T or tell him to sign the QO.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,792
    vCash
    1500
    Highest overall contract is a stupid way to put it because Monroe's deal will go 2 years longer than Smith's. A rookie on a 4 year deal of like 4-5-6-7 (I think the #1 overall pick roughly) isn't the "highest paid player" if the best player on that team is coming off of a 4 year 80 million deal and they're only making 20 million in the last year.


    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I'm guessing overall money...unless they offered him the max he can't make more than Smith(or that's the impression over the course of this crazy CBA rules & **** I picked up).

    Anyways, I'm skeptical of this. First, why would the Pistons increase their offer if a team has yet to show serious interest in signing Monroe. IMO no need to move from the initial offer. Secondly, why in the world would Moose reject this? He's not going to get a max offer. If he doesn't want to be here I'm sure the Pistons would have cut off all negotiations and just focus on a S&T or tell him to sign the QO.
    It's called negotiating.

    Pistons started lower than they would end up at and Monroe started higher - in this case max - than he probably would settle at.

    The pistons offer was a shot across the bow to teams that might think about signing him to an offer sheet. Even though we said we'd match any offer - or almost any offer - it's an opening to other teams that if they want him, they better substantially offer more to him - lest we match it.

    As for the contract, it's a waiting game. There is no more money in the NBA this year - save the 76ers, so it's still an opportunity for his agent to try and do a SnT.

    The primary question is, does Monroe sign the QO after watching Paul George's injury and take that risk - though it's always there - one would rather rehab with 60M/5 signed than enter UFA. And if you sign the QO and pout, no doubt SVG sits you and your vaule for next summer goes down because of stats and attitude.

    From Monroe's perspective, it's a no win. He's not a stretch 4 which the league is going towards, Dre' is our 5, so unless we've got a Tony Parker/Ginobili etc., he's not going to be the link ala' T. Duncan - in a chip team. (NOT comparing Monroe vs. Duncan). It's a matter of roster make up - and SVG.

    I think another year of seasoning and SVG will be the biggest impact followed by more talent on this team. We're challenging for the 7 or 8 spot, not a top 4 seed. . . and that's in the east. this will take at least 2 years after this to get it right.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,792
    vCash
    1500
    Also this isn't an increase in his offer. It's always been 12 million per year.


    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    80
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    yeah, highest paid per year or highest paid in overall contract?

    Either way it doesn't matter, it seems clear to me he doesn't want to be here as long as Smith is around.
    It's becoming more and more obvious that Moose does not want to be in Detroit if Smith remains. He isn't going to accept the Pistons offer, as generous as it is, if he feels he will not be the starting 4 or will have to share it with Josh. He is a center and that won't happen in Detroit. Moose is running out of options and is probably holding out for a sign and trade.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    80
    vCash
    1500
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...054657392.html Love/Wiggins trade.

    Let's get the ball rolling now with Greg Monroe.
    Last edited by The Darkhorse; 08-07-2014 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Additional information

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bryan, OH
    Posts
    245
    vCash
    1500
    Offer him a big 1 year deal. He doesn't want to be here, that's obvious. Whether it's Smith or Drummond or the organization, he doesn't want to remain a Piston. 1 year deal so he can hit unrestricted FA next year and could potentially be dealt at the deadline.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    vCash
    5333
    Sign and Trade
    #packerbacker

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by STATMAN2012 View Post
    Offer him a big 1 year deal. He doesn't want to be here, that's obvious. Whether it's Smith or Drummond or the organization, he doesn't want to remain a Piston. 1 year deal so he can hit unrestricted FA next year and could potentially be dealt at the deadline.
    Why?

    He aint' going anywhere unless somebody offers him a ridiculous contract - and Philly is the only one who has the money.

    Meaning he'd have to sign the QO or sit out the year - and I don't know what happens then if he does.

    If he's signing a huge one year deal or the QO, he's easier to trade at the deadline - unless there's a player with a large contract we want. And we could do that now thru a SnT.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bryan, OH
    Posts
    245
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Why?

    He aint' going anywhere unless somebody offers him a ridiculous contract - and Philly is the only one who has the money.

    Meaning he'd have to sign the QO or sit out the year - and I don't know what happens then if he does.

    If he's signing a huge one year deal or the QO, he's easier to trade at the deadline - unless there's a player with a large contract we want. And we could do that now thru a SnT.
    In case you hadn't noticed, no one appears to be beating down our door trying to S&T for him.

    I figure giving him more money will keep him happier for this year and thus a contributing member of our, hopefully, playoff team. Then he can leave next year without the restricted status and go wherever he wants.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by STATMAN2012 View Post
    In case you hadn't noticed, no one appears to be beating down our door trying to S&T for him.

    I figure giving him more money will keep him happier for this year and thus a contributing member of our, hopefully, playoff team. Then he can leave next year without the restricted status and go wherever he wants.
    Why?

    It's called sucking it up and coming in and doing your job.

    But I understand. He'll be so happy at a larger amount that he'll do his job? If, if you you're one, that we'd be better off without him and getting nothing in return - his UFA next summer, then let him ride pine.

    One of the reasons I'm happy with SVG hire is that he's on a contract longer than tonite's last call.

    I just don't understand, why if he's under contract - the QO, that you give him more money. You can't tell me that him playing with a higher one year contract is good for team morale. It sets a precedent that I believe shouldn't be set.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •