Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Overrated/Underrated YOUR TEAM

So, this will be interesting.

Who do you feel is underrated on your team, and who do you think the league / or other fans overrate on your team?

My team:

Overrated: Kyle Okposo
    Travis Hamonic

Underrated: Brock Nelson
    Thomas Hickey
    Frans Nielsen
    Calvin de Haan

If anyone is curious, I based this list off of what I saw last season

vCash
    overrated - Mikko Koivu

Underrated - Mikael Granlund

vCash
    Overrated

Ryan Miller

Underrated

Nick Bonino

vCash
    Overrated
    Jonathan Ericsson
    Tomas Tatar

Underrated
    Niklas Kronwall
    Johan Franzen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Overrated
    Jonathan Ericsson
    Tomas Tatar

Underrated
    Niklas Kronwall
    Johan Franzen
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Overrated
    Seabrook
    Sharp
    Kane

Obviously it's splitting hairs to call these guys overrated. But Seabrook has lost a step. Sharp benefits greatly from who he plays with. And Kane is a bit overrated to the casual fan who might consider Kane a top 5 player.

Underrated
    Hjalmersson
    Hossa
    Saad

Hammer is as solid as they come. If the Norris was soley about defense, I think he'd be in the conversation. Hossa is just a monster. The fact that he's never finished higher than 5th for the selke is criminal. There is a total bias towards centers. Saad has been called baby Hossa by some. While that is extremely high praise you can see some similarities.

vCash
    I really don't know any player that is overrated on the Devils.. I'd say Marty, but he's a FA..
    Travis Zajac #19

GP 2
    G 2
    A 0
    P 2
    +/- +2
    Face off % 54.3
    SOG 7
    TOI 20:02

vCash
    Overrated:
    Johnny Boychuck (not as much as he used to be)
    Zdeno Chara (lost a step for sure)
    Brad Marchand (thinks he's way better than he is sometimes)

Underrated:
    Dougie Hamilton
    Carl Soderberg
    Loui Eriksson (mostly by Bruins fans)

For overrated, some bruins fans overrate certain players/prospects but I can't generalize it to everyone.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Hammer could very well become the #1 on CHI in the next 3 years. That's scary.

vCash
    I'll take Okposo off the overrated list if he can post a similar season like he did, but the guy looked lost when JT was out of the lineup, and he did miss a couple of games as well.

Okposo is another guy like Bailey who hasn't exactly played up to expectations as a 1st round pick until this year pretty much, and a lot of Islander fans have him sold as a core player to this team alongside Tavares @ Hamonic.

Hamonic is another interesting player. He's been hit or miss a game if you watch him, 1 night he completely shuts down the oppositions top lines, and then the next game is all lost in his own end. He's not much of a help offensively and takes way to many bad penalties for us, and he cannot be relied upon in a prominent shutdown role because he is way to inconsistent.

My underrated list.

Brock Nelson was flopped all over the lineup last year, and was a healthy scratch numerous times during the early part of the season. He was one of our best prospects and Capuano misused him poorly. He put up a mere 26 points in 72 GP, but was all over the lineup. He's projected to be our 1st line LW this year so now it will be easier to evaluate him if he is the 1 LW.

Thomas Hickey, bust or not, was the best defense men in our lineup. He was playing nearly 19 minutes a night and was one of the hardest working players on the ice. Yes, he isn't living up to were he was drafted but he put up a solid season for the Islanders nonetheless.

Frans had a career high year w/ 58 points, and his line was prominently used to shut down the other teams best line. With the accusation of Grabovski, Frans probably won't be the 2C anymore but it's safe to say that he will still be good for anywhere between 40 - 49 pts.

Calvin de Haan really stepped up for us last year when he was called up to be our #1 d man. He is a smart defense men and boasts a little offensive upside, he just needs to stay healthy that is his only knack. He was probably our 2nd best d man to hickey last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Overrated:

Underrated:
    Dougie Hamilton
    Carl Soderberg

For overrated, some bruins fans overrate certain players/prospects but I can't generalize it to everyone.
    Just about hit the nail on the head here. I'd also add Krug to the SLIGHTLY overrated list based on some expectations B's fans have for him going forward

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592:28899790
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Overrated:

Underrated:
    Dougie Hamilton
    Carl Soderberg

Just about hit the nail on the head here. I'd also add Krug to the SLIGHTLY overrated list based on some expectations B's fans have for him going forward
    Krug is a weird situation. He's overrated by many bruins fans but league wide he's underrated. His defense isn't nearly as bad as the general fan thinks it is, if he was 6'2 he might be a top 5 defenseman in the league (I've said this since he was in Providence). He's irreplacable on the PP too imo. But some bruins fans think he's going to be the next Paul coffee. He's too old to grow lol.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    I think Loui has a strong season this year. Hopefully he doesn't get injured again :/. I noticed he was starting to heat up though towards the end of the season and was playing great.
    Travis Zajac #19

GP 2
    G 2
    A 0
    P 2
    +/- +2
    Face off % 54.3
    SOG 7
    TOI 20:02

vCash
    Overrated:
    Girardi
    Stepan (I may just be wrong on this one but idk)

Underrated:
    Zuccarello
    Staal
    Boyle
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Over
    Nyquist
    Tatar

Under
    DDK
    Kronny
    Healthy Helm

Nyquist and Tats are over rated. Lets face it nobody in the organization saw Nyquist as a around 30g scorer in his prime in a full season. So for him to almost hit 30 in what amounted to just over a half season need to do a little bit of reality checking. Expecially Detroit fans. I think anyone from the Detroit forums can agree I watch our prospects a little...too much....and it is just not his game to score 30 goals (or 28 im just rounding). So we all need to take a step back on him. Tats while I understand why he is in the over rated category, the kid has filthy hands and could be a scorer at the 25-30 level.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast