Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Kings to trade Acy and Outlaw to Knicks for Ellington and Tyler

The New York Knicks will trade guard Wayne Ellington, forward Jeremy Tyler and a 2016 second-round pick to the Sacramento Kings for forwards Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw, people with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports. USA Today Sport

The Kings are expected to waive Tyler and could use the stretch provision on Ellington, who is owed $2.77 million next season, to improve their salary cap situation. But that final decision has not been made. USA Today Sports
    ]

vCash
    Unless we're planning to make another move, I don't get this trade. No real reason to use the stretch provision unless we plan to use the cap space. I also disagree with waiving Tyler. He's a big, athletic body off the bench.

vCash
    Now that's a real talent shuffle for you

trade two third tier players for one third tier player, a guy you are going to cut and a pick you will more than likely waste.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    It seems the Knicks are going to guarantee Acy's deal. I'm at least happy for him, as I like him.
    ]

vCash
    DISREGARD THE TYLER TALK... JUST READ THEY PLAN ON RELEASING HIM

No big deal, its just shuffling players to see if anything can stick. Jeremy Tyler is a nice prospect to have. He's big, athletic, and can run the floor. He has talent, I just hope he can develop into a decent back up off the bench. Wayne Ellington... I don't care too much for.

So basically this trade was for cap relief and a draft pick....
    Last edited by iMac; 08-06-2014 at 06:06 PM.

vCash
    I don't get the rationale behind stretching Ellington. We're not paying the luxury tax. Why not just eat his salary this season and avoid the cap hit during the next two seasons. I'm thinking we're planning another move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I don't get the rationale behind stretching Ellington. We're not paying the luxury tax. Why not just eat his salary this season and avoid the cap hit during the next two seasons. I'm thinking we're planning another move.
    Me thoughts exactly

vCash
    kings needed to make moves as we had 13 players before cassipi and moreland. The cap relief may help later in the year in conjuction with isaih tpe. I think this basically comes down to the kings trimming the roster down

vCash
    This offseason just went from a D- to a B+ simply by unloading Travis Outlaw. Bravo Pete, bravo.

vCash
    I agree with the opening roster spots. It really seems to me that this office really plans out moves... I'm excited to see what happens next.

vCash
    Unloaded an expendable PF, and clownshoes for protection of another 2nd round pick.

I'm a fan, but don't care for Wayne!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    kings needed to make moves as we had 13 players before cassipi and moreland. The cap relief may help later in the year in conjuction with isaih tpe. I think this basically comes down to the kings trimming the roster down
    Even if we just planned to trim the roster, shouldn't we have waived Ellington instead of using the stretch provision? At least we wouldn't have used cap space next season.

vCash
    i understand we needed to clear spots, but we cleared spots only cause we signed two worthless players. we gave up arguably the best piece in acy in this trade. im glad to have outlaw gone, but i don't see the need in trading two worthless pieces just cause we signed 2 worthless pieces. another move by pete i don't quite get yet.

vCash
    Even if we just planned to trim the roster, shouldn't we have waived Ellington instead of using the stretch provision? At least we wouldn't have used cap space next season.
    If you waive him and no one claims him then you will be responsible for all of his salary this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    i understand we needed to clear spots, but we cleared spots only cause we signed two worthless players. we gave up arguably the best piece in acy in this trade. im glad to have outlaw gone, but i don't see the need in trading two worthless pieces just cause we signed 2 worthless pieces. another move by pete i don't quite get yet.
    I think this comes down to the Kings made the decision they were not going to keep Acy. Making this trade means they could stretch Ellingtons contract of 2.6 or whatever it was instead of eating Outlaws contract this season, plus the Kings got the full 2nd round pick from the Knicks instead of the protected pick. If you look at it like the Kings did not plan on keeping Acy then it makes sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast