Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,551
    vCash
    1500

    Kings to trade Acy and Outlaw to Knicks for Ellington and Tyler

    The New York Knicks will trade guard Wayne Ellington, forward Jeremy Tyler and a 2016 second-round pick to the Sacramento Kings for forwards Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw, people with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports. USA Today Sport

    The Kings are expected to waive Tyler and could use the stretch provision on Ellington, who is owed $2.77 million next season, to improve their salary cap situation. But that final decision has not been made. USA Today Sports
    ]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    916
    Posts
    3,827
    vCash
    1500
    Unless we're planning to make another move, I don't get this trade. No real reason to use the stretch provision unless we plan to use the cap space. I also disagree with waiving Tyler. He's a big, athletic body off the bench.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,969
    vCash
    1500
    Now that's a real talent shuffle for you

    trade two third tier players for one third tier player, a guy you are going to cut and a pick you will more than likely waste.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,551
    vCash
    1500
    It seems the Knicks are going to guarantee Acy's deal. I'm at least happy for him, as I like him.
    ]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,162
    vCash
    500
    DISREGARD THE TYLER TALK... JUST READ THEY PLAN ON RELEASING HIM

    No big deal, its just shuffling players to see if anything can stick. Jeremy Tyler is a nice prospect to have. He's big, athletic, and can run the floor. He has talent, I just hope he can develop into a decent back up off the bench. Wayne Ellington... I don't care too much for.

    So basically this trade was for cap relief and a draft pick....
    Last edited by iMac; 08-06-2014 at 06:06 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    916
    Posts
    3,827
    vCash
    1500
    I don't get the rationale behind stretching Ellington. We're not paying the luxury tax. Why not just eat his salary this season and avoid the cap hit during the next two seasons. I'm thinking we're planning another move.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,551
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I don't get the rationale behind stretching Ellington. We're not paying the luxury tax. Why not just eat his salary this season and avoid the cap hit during the next two seasons. I'm thinking we're planning another move.
    Me thoughts exactly

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I don't get the rationale behind stretching Ellington. We're not paying the luxury tax. Why not just eat his salary this season and avoid the cap hit during the next two seasons. I'm thinking we're planning another move.
    kings needed to make moves as we had 13 players before cassipi and moreland. The cap relief may help later in the year in conjuction with isaih tpe. I think this basically comes down to the kings trimming the roster down

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I'm everywhere Focker
    Posts
    1,196
    vCash
    1500
    This offseason just went from a D- to a B+ simply by unloading Travis Outlaw. Bravo Pete, bravo.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    376
    vCash
    1500
    I agree with the opening roster spots. It really seems to me that this office really plans out moves... I'm excited to see what happens next.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37,921
    vCash
    1500
    Unloaded an expendable PF, and clownshoes for protection of another 2nd round pick.

    I'm a fan, but don't care for Wayne!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    916
    Posts
    3,827
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    kings needed to make moves as we had 13 players before cassipi and moreland. The cap relief may help later in the year in conjuction with isaih tpe. I think this basically comes down to the kings trimming the roster down
    Even if we just planned to trim the roster, shouldn't we have waived Ellington instead of using the stretch provision? At least we wouldn't have used cap space next season.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    809
    vCash
    1500
    i understand we needed to clear spots, but we cleared spots only cause we signed two worthless players. we gave up arguably the best piece in acy in this trade. im glad to have outlaw gone, but i don't see the need in trading two worthless pieces just cause we signed 2 worthless pieces. another move by pete i don't quite get yet.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Even if we just planned to trim the roster, shouldn't we have waived Ellington instead of using the stretch provision? At least we wouldn't have used cap space next season.
    If you waive him and no one claims him then you will be responsible for all of his salary this season.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    i understand we needed to clear spots, but we cleared spots only cause we signed two worthless players. we gave up arguably the best piece in acy in this trade. im glad to have outlaw gone, but i don't see the need in trading two worthless pieces just cause we signed 2 worthless pieces. another move by pete i don't quite get yet.
    I think this comes down to the Kings made the decision they were not going to keep Acy. Making this trade means they could stretch Ellingtons contract of 2.6 or whatever it was instead of eating Outlaws contract this season, plus the Kings got the full 2nd round pick from the Knicks instead of the protected pick. If you look at it like the Kings did not plan on keeping Acy then it makes sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •