Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

How is Derrick Williams working out for you guys?

Wolves fan here.

Just thinking about the Rubio lobs and how trading Love finally would have opened it up for DWill to have his time. Instead we have a player that sees less than 10 minutes a game that does not do too much. I don't watch much Sacramento ball, but is DWill showing any stardom over there or any potential for it? Is he playing SF or PF?

vCash
    He is trash.

vCash
    When he got a ton of burn before Gay came over he was fairly competent. Once Gay came over, he sucked. a lot.

vCash
    Not living up to his potential... he was ok before we got Gay. Now it seems to be the same situation as in Minn. He won't start over Gay and we have a glutton of power forwards. It's tough to get minutes. I feel he needs to be more aggressive.

vCash
    He is a tweener who has the occasional good game. I don't see him ever being a star or even a good starter but I do see him as a good rotational player.

vCash
    He hasn't had a chance. Everyone is giving up on the guy way too early. Let's see what he can do with a complete off-season under his belt. He's good enough to be a decent role player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    He hasn't had a chance. Everyone is giving up on the guy way too early. Let's see what he can do with a complete off-season under his belt. He's good enough to be a decent role player.
    Hopefully he can turn it around, it's sad to think of him as the Michael Beasley type cause this was a guy that wanted it. I feel MN did him a disservice and just didn't play him and probably shook his confidence. Coming into the league I feel he was ready for the hype and then maybe put in his place, maybe that shook him. Still too bad Wolves got robbed that draft. 94 or so % chance to get Irving and we got a bust. Getting Wiggins is like payback.

vCash
    I can take him or leave him.

He'll be a good role player in this league. But before that happens, he needs to be ready to come off the bench. His play is inconsistent.

vCash
    This is probably an unpopular sentiment, but I'd like to see him start at PF. I'd rather give D-Will a chance than go back to JT, Evans, or Landry. Our PF rotation is a clusterf--k anyway, we might as well see what we have in Williams.

vCash
    D will just can't defend your average power forward. He gets pushed around too easily

vCash
    I think he will eventually accept and excel at his role as a backup. He is perfect for the second team, going against less talented big men. He will be able to be the main scoring option on the second unit.

vCash
    Not enough sample size I'd say. This offseason is big for him.

Definitely tops out as a good bench contributor though (assuming he improves because a lot of time he was completely invisible).

vCash
    That game against Dallas tho...
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB