Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Out with the old, in with the new..

Maybe more of my venting and should have done it yesterday (busy) but I'm tired of seeing Niese, Colon, and Gee. With all due respect to their abilities, the Mets have been lucky to have fairly decent SP and hold water in the absence of Harvey but I'm looking for more guys of Matt's ilk. It's night and day watching deGrom, Wheeler, Harvey pitch, dominate, and even limit damage in games where they don't pitch well because of their swing and miss stuff in comparison to those former 3 guys.

I want to see Syndergaard here and I don't care about his potential growing pains. I care about his stuff first and foremost and how it far exceeds Niese, Gee, and Colon even if they are more experienced pitchers with proven major league track records.

Move 2 of Gee, Niese, and Colon in the offseason and put this staff together already.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-05-2014 at 10:21 PM.

vCash
    Am game in moving Gee and Colon, but again if they will get a bat the teams will ask form either Wheeler, deGrom or Sundergaard over Niese, Gee and Colon.

vCash

Harvey/deGrom/Wheeler/Colon/Syndergaard

Out of Niese, Colon, and Gee, Niese probably has the most value. Trade him and keep Colon until the trade deadline next season. By that time, Montero/Matz/Verrett should be able to step in and pitch from the 5th spot.

I don't care what they do with Gee.

vCash

I'm still keeping Niese. He gives this team a chance to win when he is on the mound more so than Colon or Gee moving forward.

Harvey, Wheeler, deGrom, Niese, Thor.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Maybe more of my venting and should have done it yesterday (busy) but I'm tired of seeing Niese, Colon, and Gee. With all due respect to their abilities, the Mets have been lucky to have fairly decent SP and hold water in the absence of Harvey but I'm looking for more guys of Matt's ilk and its night and day watching deGrom, Wheeler, Harvey pitch, specifically dominate and even limit damage in games where they don't pitch well because of their swing and miss stuff in comparison to those former 3 guys.

I want to see Syndergaard here and I don't care about his potential growing pains. I care about his stuff first and foremost and how it far exceeds Niese, Gee, and Colon even if they are more experienced pitchers with proven major league track records.

Move 2 of Gee, Niese, and Colon in the offseason and put this staff together already.
    the worm has turned for MW69.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Niese isn't going anywhere.

vCash
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought is was going to be a place for us to talk about FoC behind his back, now that he has decided to stop posting here.

Sorry metswon69 (if that is your real name), but this thread is a colossal fail. I'm not upset about what you've done, but I'm just so disappointed.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Wheeler and deGrom...
    and watch the Mets get bombed.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I would rather have Montero, Thor, Harvey, Wheeler and deGrom, I'll take my chances with them.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Maybe more of my venting and should have done it yesterday (busy) but I'm tired of seeing Niese, Colon, and Gee. With all due respect to their abilities, the Mets have been lucky to have fairly decent SP and hold water in the absence of Harvey but I'm looking for more guys of Matt's ilk.
    Yup. Really hard to understand why the Mets have two of their best SP currently pitching in Vegas. I understand why they weren't here opening day of course, but with 20 and 30 AAA starts respectively under their belts at this point, Montero and Syndergaard should be ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Voodoo View Post
    Niese isn't going anywhere.
    I'd take this bet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Yup. Really hard to understand why the Mets have two of their best SP currently pitching in Vegas. I understand why they weren't here opening day of course, but with 20 and 30 AAA starts respectively under their belts at this point, Montero and Syndergaard should be ready.
    Duh is in it obvious!

Mets need Winz!

Rookies will kill you, TC's motto.

vCash
    In the off-season we should trade Niese and Gee and keep Colon. You keep Colon because being the veteran he will be able to teach the young guys a few things, like how to be composed and how to win.

You might want to keep Niese because he is our only lefty but I don't care he has a friendly contract and the most value out of those 3. You just hope Colon has a good year especially he will not be facing the Ace on the other team most nights. You then trade Colon before the trade dead line.

I propose going with a 6 man rotation for at least the first 2 months of the season. This will keep the young guys fresh and keep their inning accumulations down.

Harvey- coming off of Tommy John surgery will not pitch 200 innings next season.

Wheeler- stats show he's better on short rest than with an extra day but he will get used to the extra day and will benefit it

deGrom- also had Tommy John surgery back in the day so trying to keep him under 200 innings would be a plus

Syndergaard- as of today he has pitched 102.0 innings in 20 games started with an average of just over 5 innings a game...say he pitches in at least 8 more games with and average of 6 innings a game, that will bring his total innings to 150. Usually the unwritten baseball rule is to increase innings from the previous year between 15-20%...that would cap Syndergaard's innings for next season at 172-180.

Montero- he has pitched 100 innings combined between the minors and majors this season so far in 21 games started with an average of 4.76 innings per game...in 2013 Montero pitched 155.1 innings, capping his innings at 178-187 this season, which i doubt he even reaches this season.

Colon- he can pitch 200 innings next season, but at his age the extra day rest could help him.

That being said, we all think the Mets will make the playoffs or at least be in a pennant run next season and wouldn't it be nice to have all your young pitchers rested for the second half while also being able to not have to shut them down if they make the playoffs, like what happened to Strasburg a couple years back.

I'm only proposing a 6 man rotation for the first 6-8 weeks to try to stretch out the young arms and have them not cap out their innings by the time September comes around. After these 6-8 weeks you then reevaluate the starting staff and if Colon is pitching well then maybe you move Montero to the bullpen for a little while until you trade Colon and then move Montero back to the rotation.

vCash
    Trade Colon at the deadline next year. Hope Gee finishes strong and deal him this offseason. Keep Niese, quality mid-rotation starter and valuable lefty. Guy is still young at 27. guy is less than 2 years older than Degrom, and has been a good reliable starter for us when healthy over the last few years. Why deal him? he has much more value on our team. and look, we're not getting a big time bat via trade with Niese. it's gonna take Wheeler or Thor, so why bother?

I still think the best option for Syndergaard is a trade. He is the most valuable in a trade of all our prospects probably and he has yet to play in the bigs. Keep Colon, Wheeler, Harvey, Degrom, Niese as starters for next year with Montero as a call up guy, and then call him up to become a permanent part fop the rotation in August.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    I say keep the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and trade Niese, Colon and Gee.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast