Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryce Harper

vCash

Bryce Harper

Would you still trade the farm for this kid?

He has the potential, but do you see it going anywhere?

What are your thoughts

vCash

Bryce Harper

I don't think so. Really not a fan of his personality and he hasn't been able to stay on the field. Don't get me wrong, he has a ton of potential, but definitely not worth the prospects it would take to get him

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Someone say he is overrated to make the thread interesting. You know Jeffy will get involved.

vCash
    I'd sell the farm for him for sure.

Very possible he could be a top 5 player for 10-12 years

vCash
    Just for comparison sake I rather have Bryce than Puig going forward, this is somewhat of a lost year seeing as he won't be 100% back from his injury until next year. Skys the limit, he's still a baby.

vCash
    he will start playing like a Hall of Famer when the Yanks/Red Sox sign him in 3 years, when he is a 24 year old free agent and his prime begins.

I'd trade my two best prospects for him now, but his value is not all that high currently.

vCash
    He's not even 22 yet. Yes this year has been bad, but he's been hurt. 4.5 war at 19 3.8 at 20. Yes I'd trade if I was a good team the farm for him. If I was say the cubs no I don't gut the farm for him or heck might not even trout, with all the holes. But if you could get him for baez or russell plus 2 top tier specs, and leave you some room to maneuver going forward heck yes.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Someone say he is overrated to make the thread interesting. You know Jeffy will get involved.
    That would work

He's been great, injury plagued, but great

He's a mix between Mantle and Rose. Mantle's athleticism, Rose's hustle.

Even with the injuries, he's still been a top player (not this year) the last two years. And a lot of people don't realize that, because they are just expecting him to be this super stud already. He should be a college junior who just got drafted, think of it like that. And he already has 8.7 rWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    That would work

He's been great, injury plagued, but great

He's a mix between Mantle and Rose. Mantle's athleticism, Rose's hustle.

Even with the injuries, he's still been a top player (not this year) the last two years. And a lot of people don't realize that, because they are just expecting him to be this super stud already. He should be a college junior who just got drafted, think of it like that. And he already has 8.7 rWAR
    But I don't like his hair.

vCash
    It depends.

As a white sox fan, yes, easily. We don't have a great farm and any deal that nets is Harper is worth whatever we have to give up. Same goes for any team in a similar situation.

If I am a Cubs fan, absolutely. They have a great farm and they can afford to give up some prospects for Harper. No doubt. Same goes for any team in a similar situation.

If you're a bad/mediocre team with a decent farm system, but not a great one, I say maybe. The injuries are a legitimate risk at this point. And one player won't change a bad team into a good one. So retaining the farm seems more valuable.

vCash
    Harpers situation is eerily similar to Heywards in where he takes the league by storm then injuries hit and he falls off a bit.

vCash
    Considering the Giants farm sucks hell yes I would. His inability to stay healthy is a concern thus far, but when on the field he's been excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Great hair, great beard, and I like his attitude.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Our farm absolutely....most other teams farms, not so much
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Yea I would. He's been bad defensively though

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast