Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Demar Derozan

vCash

Demar Derozan

EDIT AS FOR AUGUST 25TH:

Demar Made the USA team over Lillard, Parsons and Korver. What are you thoughts?

How Far can he take the Toronto Raptors.
    As a player, how far can he go?
    He's an extremely hard worker and continues to improve his game.

He averaged 23/4/4 last season.
    While averaging 25/5/4 in the playoffs vs the nets losing in 7 games.

Personally I think if he became a better 3PT shooter, and Defender, he'd be a lot better and more efficient.
    Last edited by FriedTofuz; 08-25-2014 at 12:40 AM.

[/Center]

vCash
    He had better numbers than I would have thought. He's starting to become a top guard in the league, and you can see his 3 point shooting has improved. If he continues to work on his shot I could see him entering star territory.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

vCash

Demar Derozan

Damn i didn't even know he avged those stats. He's breaking out
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    Calvin Johnson is the worse decoy to ever put on football pads they should have drafted a big play reciever years ago. Golden Tate is a good side piece but I wouldnt have him as my full time number 1 WR.

vCash
    I don't think he needs to carry the team. With them retaining their core as a young team it will have to be a team effort. Should be an exciting season for a young team. Raptors fans are fortunate to keep Lowry and have an exciting team that is only going to get better.

vCash
    I liked his aggression in the playoffs, which translated to a lot of trips to the FT line. He certainly could improve his overall scoring efficiency, and the three point shot is the most obvious way to go about doing that, as well as continuing to get to the line more. Among qualified three point shooters (82 3-pointers made pace) he was in the bottom 10 in 3PT%, which isn't great. But at least he hoists fewer than guys like Smoove, Jimmy Butler, Jordan Crawford and the rest of the bad high volume 3 pt shooters.

I won't comment on his defense because I certainly didn't see enough of him last year. My guess is it's uninspiring but not awful...at least that's what it looked like in the playoffs.

How far can "HE" take the Raptors? I don't know, I'm not sure he has huge team-carrying ability on his own, but he and Lowry are a great back court and Johnson/Valanciunas/Pattersons development will determine a lot too. It's a great core, but I don't quite think he is the type of star that can really carry it to true championship contention. But even still, I think they're a balanced team and it's less a matter of him "carrying" them than them just gelling as a really balanced team.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Sometimes we make the mistake of thinking guys will get better and better just because they are young.

Demar is a good player, but he's not really GREAT at any aspect. His numbers look good, but he also played over 38mpg, and shot just 42% from the field despite most of his attempts coming from 2pt range. And he only shot 30% from 3.

Not saying he can't get better, but don't be fooled by a guy that played a lot of minutes and took a lot of shots. I've seen a lot of TOR fans saying he can be a 25/5/5 guy... those are HOF numbers that only Durant & LBJ put up... unless Demar develops a consistent outside shot, I can't see him getting to another level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Sometimes we make the mistake of thinking guys will get better and better just because they are young.

Demar is a good player, but he's not really GREAT at any aspect. His numbers look good, but he also played over 38mpg, and shot just 42% from the field despite most of his attempts coming from 2pt range. And he only shot 30% from 3.

Not saying he can't get better, but don't be fooled by a guy that played a lot of minutes and took a lot of shots. I've seen a lot of TOR fans saying he can be a 25/5/5 guy... those are HOF numbers that only Durant & LBJ put up... unless Demar develops a consistent outside shot, I can't see him getting to another level.
    He averaged 23/4/4 this year and has improved dramatically as a shooter since he's entered the league. I think it's fair to suggest his shooting abilities will only continue to improve as he gets older. I wasn't a huge believer when the Raptors drafted him and never thought he'd be the player he is today, I personally don't think 25/5/5 is out of the question, especially after he basically did that in the playoffs against the Nets and is only 24 years old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Derozan isnt going to get better just because he's young, he's going to get better because he has a very good work ethic. I'd even compare his work ethic to a subpar version of someone like Kobe, and we know how hard Kobe works, more than everyone in the league, maybe even on the same Level as MJ. With that being said, Derozan has two obvious holes in his game, Defense and 3pt shooting. Though 3PT shooting has improved to 30%, I think he can and WILl get better in this aspect

THough He shot just 42% from the yield aand logged 38 minutes, so did Harden. Harden averaged 45% from the field and logged 38 minutes as well. Are we still going to say that Derozan is just taking a lot of shots? The reason for derozan's low field goal is also due to his many many trips to the free throw line. He ranked top 3 in the nba, behind Kevin Durant and someone else, likely Lebron james.

I would say that derozan will get better because of his work ethic, and he's not a chucking shots and logging a ton of minutes .

[/Center]

vCash
    Hes our only hope for a dominant SG right now. I really hope he makes it

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Hes our only hope for a dominant SG right now. I really hope he makes it
    what about Harden?

[/Center]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    THough He shot just 42% from the yield aand logged 38 minutes, so did Harden. Harden averaged 45% from the field and logged 38 minutes as well. Are we still going to say that Derozan is just taking a lot of shots? The reason for derozan's low field goal is also due to his many many trips to the free throw line. He ranked top 3 in the nba, behind Kevin Durant and someone else, likely Lebron james.
    Kinda lost me here. The reason his FG% is so low is due to trips to the line? Explain that. I don't follow that logic. Getting to the line is GREAT and helps with overall efficiency, but how is it harming his FG%?

Either way, who cares about FG%? The reason you can even begin to utter DeRozan's name alongside Harden's is because of Harden's far superior three point shooting and slightly superior FT rate and FT%. Thus, Harden's TS% is significantly higher than DeRozan's. The fact is: DeMar isn't super efficient. He's not terribly inefficient, but there's a lot of work to be done to get there. Maybe he will continue to improve because of this work effort, and he has shown strides with his three point shot, but how much better do we think that really can get? What's the ceiling?

And, an FYI: he was 4th in free throws, behind KD, Harden and Love. 6th in attempts behind those 3 + Griffin and Howard.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Kinda lost me here. The reason his FG% is so low is due to trips to the line? Explain that. I don't follow that logic. Getting to the line is GREAT and helps with overall efficiency, but how is it harming his FG%?

Either way, who cares about FG%? The reason you can even begin to utter DeRozan's name alongside Harden's is because of Harden's far superior three point shooting and slightly superior FT rate and FT%. Thus, Harden's TS% is significantly higher than DeRozan's. The fact is: DeMar isn't super efficient. He's not terribly inefficient, but there's a lot of work to be done to get there. Maybe he will continue to improve because of this work effort, and he has shown strides with his three point shot, but how much better do we think that really can get? What's the ceiling?

And, an FYI: he was 4th in free throws, behind KD, Harden and Love. 6th in attempts behind those 3 + Griffin and Howard.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt field goal based on all shots taken. so if Derozan got fouled twice, those attempts would count towards his field goal. ANd then he could try to earn his points from the FT line?
    So if Derozan made 4/4 shots, and got fouled 2 times, his field goal would be 4/6?
    and FT would be (let's say he made both FTs) 4/4?

Also, you're right my mistake. he was 4th in Free throws made?

[/Center]

vCash
    i think we weill se some regression in the stat line. dont thinkhe is good enoguh to carry that team anywhere but they arent deisgned for him to do that anyway.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt field goal based on all shots taken. so if Derozan got fouled twice, those attempts would count towards his field goal. ANd then he could try to earn his points from the FT line?
    So if Derozan made 4/4 shots, and got fouled 2 times, his field goal would be 4/6?
    and FT would be (let's say he made both FTs) 4/4?

Also, you're right my mistake. he was 4th in Free throws made?
    no that is not even close to being accurate.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Derozan isnt going to get better just because he's young, he's going to get better because he has a very good work ethic. I'd even compare his work ethic to a subpar version of someone like Kobe, and we know how hard Kobe works, more than everyone in the league, maybe even on the same Level as MJ. With that being said, Derozan has two obvious holes in his game, Defense and 3pt shooting. Though 3PT shooting has improved to 30%, I think he can and WILl get better in this aspect

I would say that derozan will get better because of his work ethic, and he's not a chucking shots and logging a ton of minutes .
    Difference is Harden attempts and makes a ton of 3's. And yet STILL shot a higher % overall.

For a SG or wing player to make less than 1 three per game, and yet still shoot only 42% overall is rare, and quite frankly AWFUL. Derozan should be shooting 50% or at least very close to it considering his lack of 3pt shooting/attempts.

Again he's a nice player, but he's not great at anything. He's been in the league 5 years and hasn't really improved his 3pt shot, so unless that dramatically changes all of a sudden, I think he's kind of plateaued because giving a guy 18 shots a game and 38mpg when he's only shooting 42% isn't the greatest game plan. See Rudy Gay.

ANd I don't get how his FT attempts correlate to a lower FG... it's actually the opposite... more FT's should mean higher FG% because the FG attempts on fouled shots do not count against your FG%.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast