Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 223
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,749
    vCash
    1500

    Minor League Thread (08/04/2014 - 08/17/2014)

    den Dekker 3-3 with a HR and BB so far. Maybe someone thinks he should have been recalled.

    The good thing about Abreu being gone though is that it hopefully opens up some more playing time for Puello who has a 2-run double in an 11-pitch AB tonight.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,867
    vCash
    1500
    Have to believe Puello will be up in September. We can see whether he can take one of those backup OFer jobs.

    As for DD, I would have liked to seen him up over Kirk but if Kirk ***** the bed again (which he probably will), we'll see DD get the next call up.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,351
    vCash
    1500
    Mentioned this in the other thread, but Milton Ramos heating up. 3 for 5 with a double and a triple. Now batting .252. Not long ago he was under .200.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,882
    vCash
    1500
    I think Kirk can handle the back up roll more than dD and as long as CY is here Kirk will see limited time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,749
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I think Kirk can handle the back up roll more than dD and as long as CY is here Kirk will see limited time.
    Yeah, that's what I think will happen.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,749
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Have to believe Puello will be up in September. We can see whether he can take one of those backup OFer jobs.

    As for DD, I would have liked to seen him up over Kirk but if Kirk ***** the bed again (which he probably will), we'll see DD get the next call up.
    The way they handled Puello this season was sooooo weird. He needs to be on the 25 man roster next season or he's going to have to pass through waivers(not going to happen).

    So either he's gone or he's on the team next year as a bench player. Maybe they were preparing him this season for a bench role next season for that very reason.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    63
    vCash
    1500
    Anyone know today's lineup??

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,465
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    The way they handled Puello this season was sooooo weird. He needs to be on the 25 man roster next season or he's going to have to pass through waivers(not going to happen).

    So either he's gone or he's on the team next year as a bench player. Maybe they were preparing him this season for a bench role next season for that very reason.
    Is he out of options already?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,749
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Is he out of options already?
    Yup.

    He was added to the 40 man after the 2011 season. This is his 3rd year in the minors since then.

    Not giving Puello consistent ABs in the minor leagues was criminal. It's like the Mets care more about winning in the minor leagues than developing prospects sometimes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,465
    vCash
    1500
    Either that or they don't view him as a prospect.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,882
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, I don't understand what they did with him either, he will be put on waivers to try and clear a roster spot this winter or he will be traded as a throw in trying to give quantity in a deal.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,749
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Either that or they don't view him as a prospect.
    Then why is he on the 40 man roster?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,465
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand what they did with him either, he will be put on waivers to try and clear a roster spot this winter or he will be traded as a throw in trying to give quantity in a deal.
    I am going to opt for "B".


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    18,255
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    The way they handled Puello this season was sooooo weird. He needs to be on the 25 man roster next season or he's going to have to pass through waivers(not going to happen).

    So either he's gone or he's on the team next year as a bench player. Maybe they were preparing him this season for a bench role next season for that very reason.
    maybe not exactly a bench role, but they're getting ready to **** or get off the pot
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,465
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Then why is he on the 40 man roster?
    If they need a spot he will be either waived or traded.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •