Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Cards one of the most hated teams in baseball

ST. LOUIS - A national survey indicates the St. Louis Cardinals are one of the most hated Major League Baseball teams in the country.

The survey was held through Reddit and released Tuesday. The leader with 25 states is the New York Yankees, but in second place with seven states is the St. Louis Cardinals.

The Cards and Yankees are the two winningest teams in MLB history in terms of total World Series championships. The Yankees earned its 27th title in 2009, and the Cardinals' most recent championship was in 2011.

A.J. Pierzynski was signed by the Cardinals July 25, and he has been at the top of multiple fan polls as the most disliked player in the majors. He was on the Boston Red Sox's roster to begin the 2014 season, and in February, one Boston Globe columnist wrote about the catcher's reputation, noting Pierzynski laughs it off.
    http://www.ksdk.com/story/sports/mlb...ball/13584159/
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Saw this and absolutely loved it

People don't hate losers

vCash
    It certainly makes sense
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

vCash
    What I don't understand is why the whole world hates the Yankees except Australia. They hate the dodgers

I get the Yankees part but there's gotta be some reason Australia hates the dodgers

vCash
    Haters gonna hate

vCash
    When you are a perennially great team, you'll be hated by everyone else.

Nobody likes to see a team constantly win, unless you already root for that team.

Yankees and Sox deal with it too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    When you are a perennially great team, you'll be hated by everyone else.

Nobody likes to see a team constantly win, unless you already root for that team.

Yankees and Sox deal with it too.
    Yeah but I used to get so sick of how so many people would treat the Red Sox like they were the anti Yankees because they had beards and acted silly

I mean yeah. The Red Sox were light years ahead of the Yankees in advanced metrics at the time and probably still are but at the same time they were in the top 5 of payroll every year from 2005-2014. Most years top 3. Many years top 2. So let's stop pretending that they are so different. They both just pile cash out to get players, the Red Sox just did a better job of picking the right players.

Honestly the Rays seem like the anti Yankees to me. Minimal payroll and fantastic building of their own teams

I don't know of it's shining through or not but I hate the Red Sox way more than the Yankees

vCash

vCash
    I have never disliked AJ. I was absolutely thrilled when we picked him up
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    People don't hate losers
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15
    I hate the Red Sox way more than the Yankees
    +1, +1... Points for you! POINTS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Hey groundhog, Jeff Passan thinks the Cardinals can't win anything. What do you think about that?

Challenge accepted.