Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Toews named top franchise player by peers

http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks...e-player-peers

In perfect toews fashion all he says is that it's an honor to be mentioned in the same sentence as Crosby and he gets credit when the team deserves it ect. Love him.

vCash
    Insane.

vCash
    Great player who's becoming insanely overrated.

vCash
    I can dig it. Love Toews
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    I get Toews love, I get players growing up playing like him but man hr might be the most overrated player of the past decade.

vCash
    How the **** is this not Crosby lol
    "whoever started is a retardedd" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

"Him and Greene make like not make a mistake" - Hacob

"I love watching him, he just stands and bangs" - DIRK

vCash
    You can never lose a faceoff with him in NHL 14

vCash
    Well it is pretty simple if you ask me. Crosby is not well liked by his peers and thus is underrated by them. Shouldn't even be a discussion really, Crosby is the best player in the world right now.

vCash
    Maybe all the NHL executives, coaches, and players who contributed were really from Chicago. That makes sense. Everyone keeps saying he is overrated but when things like this come out, from actual people in the league and not just fans...I think it says something. People in the NHL get his value while many fans who can't get past points or other things, simply don't.

vCash
    Yeah, I love how people read these polls taken by a group of NHLers from all levels and try to say 'man is this player over-rated?!'

Really? Really, though? So the people in this world who are better at the facets of the game up and down than everyone else, litcherally they are the people who have succeeded to the top tier of the profession whether it is playing, scouting, GMing or whatever else, there general consensus is an 'over-rating'. That just seems like a oxy-moron to me.

The most talented people at this profession in the world are wrong on a consensus poll? No I don't buy it. Yeah, Crosby is so much more naturally talented than Toews. Hell the article even quotes one of the execs polled and interviewed saying how his actual hockey skill is a 7 and skating is a 6, both very fair assesments on Toews. The thing is though, if Crosby ran 10 across the boards on everything else, he would be the won with multiple Cups and would be recognized and considered the ultimate franchise player by his peers.

I think this just speaks volumes at how much Crosby's personality from first entering the league has lingered (his cry baby act was that annoying) and honestly how much Crosby's current personality effects him. He still can be a whiner, he's bigger and stronger now though so he will go up and stand up for himself, kudos on that. Of course his teammates are going to love him, hes the most talented player in the NHL and it's no contest. Plus he is a good leader to boot.

Simply though, I don't think anyone puts it together like Toews does. He's the ultimate pro. If I had a choice I would play with Toews before Crosby and Crosby before a lot of other people though.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Like 3-4 years ago they did a players poll and Datsyuk won hardest player to play against, best player in the league, etc. Crosby was better than him then, he's far better than Toews now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    I love this man.

vCash
    Crosby is not way better then Toews now,
    Look at their stats in the last three playoffs,
    Toews - 48 gp 14 g 35 pts
    Crosby - 33 gp 11 g 32 pts
    Crosby is still significantly higher in PPG but keep in mind Toews plays 2 minutes of SH time a game, while Crosby plays none & he also plays half the time Crosby plays on the PP in a strong conference. You could also make the same case for Kopitar and a few others. In other words, when it comes down to playoff hockey, Crosby isn't far ahead of the pack while it's Toews bread and butter.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 08-05-2014 at 01:17 PM.

vCash
    The survey seemed to have been based on character, not skill, so Toews is a safe pick.

vCash
    Yeah this wasnt the "who's the best player in the world" its the best franchise player. So I think they are factoring in things like charisma etc that have 0 to do with the actual game. Its still strange though, imagine if Crosby had the support of what Toews has. I know he has Malkin, but if Crosby had a winger close to a Hossa/Sharp/Kane caliber I think there isnt a question on any of the "best" poles who wins.

As far as this...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Crosby is not way better then Toews now,
    Look at their stats in the last three playoffs,
    Toews - 48 gp 14 g 35 pts
    Crosby - 33 gp 11 g 32 pts
    Crosby is still significantly higher in PPG but keep in mind Toews plays 2 minutes of SH time a game, while Crosby plays none & he also plays half the time Crosby plays on the PP in a strong conference. You could also make the same case for Kopitar and a few others. In other words, when it comes down to playoff hockey, Crosby isn't far ahead of the pack while it's Toews bread and butter.
    Uhm what? Why does SH time matter for PPG in the playoffs? I have not, and wont look it up, but I bet their TOI is fairly close but I dont think that 2 min or so of TOI SH for Toews would really spike his PPG average if he had 2 more mins off the SH. I mean you are comparing .73 PPG to .97 PPG. You're really trying to say that his SH time would jump him up over .25 PPG when that SH TOI per game is probably around .08 of his total TOI (25 min per game and 2 mins of SH time seem pretty reasonable?). The answer is no, and this is a terrible way to say that Toews is better or as good as Crosby.

If you are starting a team from the ground up right now who do you pick based off what he brings to the sheet of ice every game? If you do not answer Crosby you are kidding yourself.

In 10-11 Crosby had 10 or so less points in almost half the games of Toews (40 something vs 80 I believe). Next year had what 20 less points in like 40 less games? More points in less games last year and this year when they both pretty much had full years blew him out of the water?

Which teams top 6 wins the cup

Saad-Crosby-Kane
    Sharp-Richards-Hossa

or

Saad-Toews-Kane
    Sharp-Richards-Hossa

Again this is a very easy answer, unless you dont want to look at it as who is the best player on this ice.
    Last edited by pidg88; 08-05-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast