Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which of the following players will make the roster? Select more than one.

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mario Manningham

1 50.00%
  • Marcus Harris

0 0%
  • Corey Washington

2 100.00%
  • Preston Parker

0 0%
  • Travis Harvey

0 0%
  • Trindon Holliday

0 0%
  • Julian Talley

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    vCash

Training Camp Positional Battle #5: Wide Receiver Depth

There's an interesting battle emerging in camp and now preseason games. The bottom WR roster spots. A few guys are getting hype in camp and had nice showings last night.

Giants will likely carry 6 WRs, maybe 7. We've got 4 who are essentially locks: Randle, Cruz, Jernigan and Beckham (although if the hamstring injury lingers I can see them sending him to PUP and keeping another WR on the roster)

So which of the fringe guys makes the cut?

You can answer with more than one guy in the poll.

Who will make the roster?

TOP CONTENDERS:

#86 Mario Manningham, 5-11 183 lbs

Has experience and skill but still recovering from multiple injuries since leaving the Giants.

#18 Marcus Harris, 6-1 187 lbs

People have been raving about him in camp and he came out strong in the Hall of Fame Game.

#6 Corey Washington, 6-4 214 lbs

Tallest WR on a roster of average/small WRs. Making plays in camp and a big TD in the HOF game.

#83 Preston Parker, 6-0 200 lbs
    Had a solid year with Tampa Bay. Experienced and very fast. Showing skills as a return man which always helps secure a spot.

ALSO ON THE ROSTER:
    #88 Travis Harvey, 6-2 185 lbs - A legit contender, just not getting the attention the others are.
    #15 Trindon Holliday, 5-5 166 lbs -Thought he'd be a lock for a spot as a return man, but dealing with too many injury issues and even bobbled a punt return in camp. Knocks on him are ball security and durability, so not a great start for him, but McAdoo used him on offense in minicamp.
    #19 Julian Talley, 6-1 192 lbs - Practice squad guy last year, but coaches like him and played some STs in the last 2 games of the season last year.

vCash
    I find it interesting Manningham didn't see playing time til way later in the game after guys like Washington and Harris. Small sample size. Really gonna be interesting to see how the rest of the pre season plays out.

vCash
    I thought so too, but after the injuries they may just be phasing him in slowly. But even if thats the case, Harris, Washington and Parker look aggressive and hungry. They could all pass by MM if he doesn't get rolling in these preseason games.

vCash
    I remember Harris being so done undrafted I liked I think a year ago ?

We could use washingtons height and he seems fast and able to use his body properly ..seems ..not positive yet lol.

MM fits great but if these younger cheaper guys do better ...he might lose out

JJ I still can't believe he's seemingly not a bust now lol

Don't know enough about Parker .

Trindon Holliday will make it just for pr/KR at least and adds depth to WR

We should carry a good amount of wrs though ..

We sometimes may go 4-5 wide? We will be using a rookie as a starter and RR and JJ still need to prove/continue progression and that they belong ..also with a faster O we need depth for injuries , a rookie and breathers ..

I don't mind having 7 wrs .. Cruz, OB, RR,JJ, Harris,Washington and MM ..with Holliday as a special teamer who can help at WR if needed and sometimes not activated bc we do stuff like that sometimes (imagine if he fumbles twice lol) .

We have soo many dbs/des/wrs and rbs I don't want to lose any lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I find it interesting Manningham didn't see playing time til way later in the game after guys like Washington and Harris. Small sample size. Really gonna be interesting to see how the rest of the pre season plays out.
    Could be money or injury worries by our f/o because we need depth running so many wrs with a fast O could wear them down on long drives and if we have too many injury prone guys ....well you get the idea .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    I remember Harris being so done undrafted I liked I think a year ago ?

We could use washingtons height and he seems fast and able to use his body properly ..seems ..not positive yet lol.

MM fits great but if these younger cheaper guys do better ...he might lose out

JJ I still can't believe he's seemingly not a bust now lol

Don't know enough about Parker .

Trindon Holliday will make it just for pr/KR at least and adds depth to WR

We should carry a good amount of wrs though ..

We sometimes may go 4-5 wide? We will be using a rookie as a starter and RR and JJ still need to prove/continue progression and that they belong ..also with a faster O we need depth for injuries , a rookie and breathers ..

I don't mind having 7 wrs .. Cruz, OB, RR,JJ, Harris,Washington and MM ..with Holliday as a special teamer who can help at WR if needed and sometimes not activated bc we do stuff like that sometimes (imagine if he fumbles twice lol) .

We have soo many dbs/des/wrs and rbs I don't want to lose any lol
    Holliday can't even stay on the practice field right now. I thought he'd be a lock to make the team as a returner, but some of these other guys (Demps, Parker, Beckham) taking returns might make Holliday immediately expendable. Can't stay healthy and can't hold on to the ball.....thats the 2 easiest ways to get Coughlin to hate you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Holliday can't even stay on the practice field right now. I thought he'd be a lock to make the team as a returner, but some of these other guys (Demps, Parker, Beckham) taking returns might make Holliday immediately expendable. Can't stay healthy and can't hold on to the ball.....thats the 2 easiest ways to get Coughlin to hate you.
    Good point I was giving him a pass assuming we would just want him as a KR/pr since we want OB healthy and Parker may not make the team while demps could if we need depth at safety...

But true I could see it .

vCash

vCash
    Washington UDFA right? Kid has done nothing but made plays in camp and again in the game, I'm very interested in seeing how he pans out.. Who knows maybe another Cruz

vCash
    http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...f-785b52ce503c

Really hope they just let this kid loose with the 1s the next 2 preseason games. Don't want to see the slow release approach they usually do. Could be an impact player right out of the gates.

Also I want to see as many of these young guys get a chance with the 1s to put pressure on Randle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Washington UDFA right? Kid has done nothing but made plays in camp and again in the game, I'm very interested in seeing how he pans out.. Who knows maybe another Cruz
    Like to see him get some snaps with the first team Sat. Eli going to play extended minutes. Looks like Manningham isn't going to make the team!

vCash
    Manningham and Holliday to IR. Think this locks Parker for a spot. Then Jernigan and Talley fight for a 6th.

If they keep only 5 and pick Jernigan over Parker I'm gonna lose my ****.

vCash
    What happened to the sole member of the Jernigan fan club? Retired?
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    What happened to the sole member of the Jernigan fan club? Retired?
    HA.....I'm a big fan of him on the practice squad too. Clearly he can kill it in the slot, but Cruz has that locked up. If they're going to keep using him where he doesn't belong with Beckham out, then I'd rather see Parker, Washington or Talley get a shot there. Well maybe not Washington, yet. Still raw.

Sounds like Jernigan is still a lock to make it though. People calling him "a starter"......yeah by default.