Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cubs vs Rockies (8/5-8/7) Cubs Nation = Rocky Mountain High *Javier Baez Edition*

Baez Futures Game Oppo Blast http://atmlb.com/U2UMnU

Aug 5, 2014 CHC (Wood) @ COL (Anderson) 8:40 PM ET

Aug 6, 2014 CHC (Arrieta) @ COL (Lyles) 8:40 PM ET

Aug 7, 2014 CHC (Hendricks) @ COL (Morales) 3:10 PM ET

Cubs-Rockies Preview

Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez are two big reasons why the Colorado Rockies have dominated the Chicago Cubs at Coors Field in recent seasons.

The Cubs are hoping things will be different this time with Tulowitzki out and Gonzalez questionable to play.

As Chicago heads into this three-game set seeking its first series win at Coors in 10 years, the banged-up Rockies try to avoid a fifth straight loss by beating the Cubs for the 13th time in 15 home meetings Tuesday night.

Tulowitzki, an All-Star for the fourth time this season, and Gonzalez, a former All-Star, have pounded Chicago pitching while leading the Rockies to five consecutive home series wins dating back to 2009. The Cubs haven't won a series in Colorado since August 2004.

Tulowitzki is hitting .415 with 14 RBIs in his last 10 home games versus Chicago, but the shortstop is on the disabled list with a left hip flexor strain.

Gonzalez has batted .465 with three home runs in 12 career home games against the Cubs. Manager Walt Weiss said he's confident the outfielder will be back in this series after missing the last two contests due to an ankle injury.

Gonzalez, however, is hitting .143 in his last 23 games, including 1 for 14 last week when Colorado dropped three of four at Wrigley Field, and is 0 for 10 lifetime against scheduled Cubs starter Travis Wood.

The Rockies (44-67), the only NL team with a worse record than Chicago, hope to avoid their eighth loss in nine games after getting swept in Detroit over the weekend. They managed only four hits Sunday in a 4-0 defeat.

"Good things are bound to happen," outfielder Brandon Barnes told MLB's official website. "We've had some setbacks, some injuries, but at the same time, we need to go out there and battle every single day."

Colorado has averaged 2.8 runs during a 2-18 road stretch, but has scored 6.8 per game in winning three of four at Coors and is batting a major league-best .316 at home.
    Brett Anderson (1-3, 3.12 ERA) helped the Rockies to their only win in Chicago last week when he allowed two runs despite giving up a season-high 11 hits over seven innings in Wednesday's 6-4, 10-inning victory.

The left-hander is 1-0 with a 1.33 ERA in his last three outings.
    Wood (7-9, 5.10) opposed Anderson last week, allowing four runs with a season-high 11 strikeouts over six innings.

The left-hander has gone 0-4 with a 6.33 ERA in eight starts since winning June 15 at Philadelphia. He's particularly struggled on the road, going 4-6 with an NL-worst 6.27 ERA in 11 starts.

Wood is 1-1 with a 2.77 ERA in five outings -- four starts -- versus Colorado, but hasn't started at Coors since 2010.

The Cubs (47-63) seek their sixth win in eight games after taking two of three at Dodger Stadium.

Chris Coghlan had a home run and a double in Sunday's 7-3 win, leaving him 11 for 23 over his last six games.

"He's a guy who wants to prove every day that's he's capable of being out there and he's got a good work ethic and has a good approach," manager Rick Renteria said.

Starlin Castro, who went 7 for 12 with three RBIs in the series, is hitting .424 in his last eight contests at Colorado. Fellow All-Star Anthony Rizzo is batting .364 over an eight-game hit streak against the Rockies.
    Last edited by Timmmahhh; 08-04-2014 at 05:38 PM.
    Javylujah... Javylujah... Javylujah

vCash
    weakest baez thread ever. Croce would've done better

vCash
    Who is getting sent down?

vCash
    I still laugh every time I watch that video with the point directly in Bryant's face.

vCash
    The tormented Cubs' fan in me insists that Castro is going on the 15 day dl. I know that he said that he's fine but the timing is a heck of a coincidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    The tormented Cubs' fan in me insists that Castro is going on the 15 day dl. I know that he said that he's fine but the timing is a heck of a coincidence.
    If he goes to the DL, it probably ensures that we'll keep losing despite the call up, which is good. Silver lining?

vCash
    Never thought I'd be this excited to see a game between the two worst teams in the NL in August.

vCash
    What about the Javier Beaz edition?

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    MLBN trashing sabermetrics at every opportunity possible is annoying. Let it go. Watch frozen more if you need to understand that.

vCash
    I just realized Arrieta has caught up to Wainwright's WAR in just 63% of the innings. Both sitting at 3.3 right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    I just realized Arrieta has caught up to Wainwright's WAR in just 63% of the innings. Both sitting at 3.3 right now.

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    MLBN trashing sabermetrics at every opportunity possible is annoying. Let it go. Watch frozen more if you need to understand that.
    Frozen sucks :kh

Jimmy <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    Frozen sucks

Jimmy <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    Many, including Jeffy, put more stock in bWAR for pitchers, in which case Jake is at 4.0 and the other guy 4.3

Still friggin remarkable. I don't even know what to make of Arrieta still; I want to believe in him but I am constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop when he pitches. I just can't believe the command he is displaying I guess. It's exciting but how long will it last.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Many, including Jeffy, put more stock in bWAR for pitchers, in which case Jake is at 4.0 and the other guy 4.3

Still friggin remarkable. I don't even know what to make of Arrieta still; I want to believe in him but I am constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop when he pitches. I just can't believe the command he is displaying I guess. It's exciting but how long will it last.
    North has a great graphic illustrating his release point being fixed. He's repeating his delivery in a way he never did in the past.

Bosio is a monster.

And then. He made them pancakes.

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast