Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cubs to Call up Baez

Top 7 prospect entering the season

Dude can mash

vCash
    It's going to be really ugly early on, but I like that they are giving him time to adjust to big league pitching before next season.

vCash
    Nice

vCash
    My fantasy baseball team thanks you Theo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule:28887168
    It's going to be really ugly early on, but I like that they are giving him time to adjust to big league pitching before next season.
    Yeah, I think he's typically struggled for a little while after every promotion, but he's been a monster once he's adjusted. I'm really excited to see what this kid can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    Yeah, I think he's typically struggled for a little while after every promotion, but he's been a monster once he's adjusted. I'm really excited to see what this kid can do.
    Every call up hes had hes had a slow month making adjustments. Should be fun in Colorado tomorrow though

vCash
    I could see him riding his confidence to a monster first week and then struggling for a month or so after.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    I could see him riding his confidence to a monster first week and then struggling for a month or so after.
    Exactly what I think will happen.

Nobody knows how to pitch to him yet, and he'll crush a few hangers and fastballs around the field....then pitching will adjust to the weaknesses, and it'll probably take him the rest of the season to figure out how to adjust back.

Then next season, I can see a nice .850 OPS for him as he has some serious spurts of mashing and struggling.

vCash
    I wish they would have called him up over the weekend, I want to see him play... Coors Field? Really? lol

vCash
    This is the right move. It has taken him at least a month to begin to adjust at every level since he came up to Daytona. If the Cubs want to try to make a run at the WC next year (which I don't think is insane with their prospects and money available), Baez will need to be a key contributor next year for the full season. Getting through his adjustment period now, instead of April/May next season is a good thing.

I doubt we see the real Baez until September some time. August, he'll likely strike out an ordainment amount of times, have a low walk rate, and generally look bad. But that's par for the course for him. I'm really excited. He's, imo, the best prospect the Cubs have.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty:28887361
    I can see him riding the Rockies' pitching to a monster first week.

vCash
    Nerdgasims around Cub land are all going off right now, lol. Me being one of them. Exciting stuff for Cub fans as we sit and watch the patient prospect approach. Now we get to a chance to see what our future holds.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    This is the right move. It has taken him at least a month to begin to adjust at every level since he came up to Daytona. If the Cubs want to try to make a run at the WC next year (which I don't think is insane with their prospects and money available), Baez will need to be a key contributor next year for the full season. Getting through his adjustment period now, instead of April/May next season is a good thing.

I doubt we see the real Baez until September some time. August, he'll likely strike out an ordainment amount of times, have a low walk rate, and generally look bad. But that's par for the course for him. I'm really excited. He's, imo, the best prospect the Cubs have.
    I agree it's the right move. For once I truly trust our front office guys. I still think Bryant is our best prospect but in terms ceiling Baez for sure has the higher ceiling.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    If he can keep his same approach from the last couple of months, I think people will be quite surprised by his productivity. He's been laying off the junk and making pitchers pay for coming in the zone. It's up to him, truly, for what type of hitter he can be. He has a chance to be elite.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

15. 08-04-2014, 05:05 PM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Tight, bro.
    THREEINFIVE!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast