Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Depth and injuries

After watching P.G. injury i am so glad that so far wolves didnt want to make that trade for love with the bulls. i look at what love brings to the table and look at what the potential trade players bring or may bring. they will match or surpass his stats scoring rebounding and assist. plus one freak injury and he is gone. no one close to his production from that position left on team. if one of the three go down we still have the other two players.

I think depth is much more important than superstars now that spurs have showed what can be done. coach k has said in the fiba games he is going to limit minutes but run them hard. a team with good depth can do that as well

vCash
    I don't know. Spurs seem like an anomaly. Having an entire roster that buys into a "team first" mind set is rare. But having that plus three future half of famers, a young up and coming star and elite coaching... All of that plus the chemistry. That takes years to build and will be extremely difficult to replicate.

Also most titles have been won by teams with a couple of superstars. I think you need a combination of both elite talent and depth.

vCash
    And that series against Miami was the perfect storm.

That offense... I've never seen anything so close to flawless in my life and I doubt I ever will again. That was the pinnacle of what the Spurs have been reaching for all these years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    I don't know. Spurs seem like an anomaly. Having an entire roster that buys into a "team first" mind set is rare. But having that plus three future half of famers, a young up and coming star and elite coaching... All of that plus the chemistry. That takes years to build and will be extremely difficult to replicate.

Also most titles have been won by teams with a couple of superstars. I think you need a combination of both elite talent and depth.
    I dont think you ned depth. dont get me wrong, its nice to have it- but the heat went to the finals 4 straight years... and they basically have a bunch of scrubs outside the top 4 or 5 guys
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    The Spurs are the exception to many rules. You can try to emulate them but it probably just isn't going to work. The Bulls have some pretty solid things going for them and in some ways are a bit similar, but Love would be the guy that could put them over the top. It would have been a no-brainer if they could have pulled it off. Front end talent is more important in the playoffs than depth. Just because the Spurs have done "it" doesn't mean other teams can. Again, they're on their own tier. They're the exception.

vCash
    depth is good. I to like depth over one high priced player. But if your lucky and your high priced Player stays healthy he also can turn your franchise around. I don't think george was that but was a above avg player. When injured these players can hurt your franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    The Spurs are the exception to many rules. You can try to emulate them but it probably just isn't going to work. The Bulls have some pretty solid things going for them and in some ways are a bit similar, but Love would be the guy that could put them over the top. It would have been a no-brainer if they could have pulled it off. Front end talent is more important in the playoffs than depth. Just because the Spurs have done "it" doesn't mean other teams can. Again, they're on their own tier. They're the exception.
    I think it can be emulated, you just need to know what you are trying to emulate

you need big men that can pass and wings that play both ways

I think the Bulls are Spurs east
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot