Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Packers will induct Favre into the Packers HoF next year and retire his jersey No.4

Source: SportsCenter @SportsCenter 8 Std.
    Brett Favre confirms his jersey retirement with this statement on his website.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...42480619081730

I think it's great that he is finally back in Green Bay

vCash
    Meh. It was going to happen. It was a "when" not "if".
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    They need to cancel his jersey retirement at least three times and postpone it a year or two every time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    They need to cancel his jersey retirement at least three times and postpone it a year or two every time.
    Just like his retirement, lol. Anyways, this is way way way overdue. I'm glad, ego's are getting put off to the side.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    I think every Packer fan forgave Favre after he threw that pick against the Saints and the Packers raised the Lombardi trophy a year later.

Now if he won it all with Minnesota... I don't know if the fans would be ready by 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TC119 View Post
    I think every Packer fan forgave Favre after he threw that pick against the Saints and the Packers raised the Lombardi trophy a year later.

Now if he won it all with Minnesota... I don't know if the fans would be ready by 2015.
    Ya that's a good point but lets not forget that the Packers were the ones that did indeed trade him so I'm not sure why all the hate. Sure he pulled that funny business but at the end of the day they still traded him because they wanted to move on to Aaron Rodgers.

Also this is well deserved for obvious reasons. The way he played the game was like no one else. His passion on the field was just awesome. Even as a GB Packer he was one of my favorite players, like Barry Sanders and Walter Payton. You just had to respect the greatness.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    Just like his retirement, lol. Anyways, this is way way way overdue. I'm glad, ego's are getting put off to the side.
    Lol yes that was the joke cooters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Ya that's a good point but lets not forget that the Packers were the ones that did indeed trade him so I'm not sure why all the hate. Sure he pulled that funny business but at the end of the day they still traded him because they wanted to move on to Aaron Rodgers.

Also this is well deserved for obvious reasons. The way he played the game was like no one else. His passion on the field was just awesome. Even as a GB Packer he was one of my favorite players, like Barry Sanders and Walter Payton. You just had to respect the greatness.
    I think you remember it wrong... After months of pondering he decided to retire. McCarthy and Thompson gave the starting job to Rodgers. Favre CHANGED HIS MIND 5 months later and expected the starters job to be handed back to him. After McCarthy and Thompson said that they were (rightfully) sticking with Rodgers - the offered him a spot as a backup but HE refused. Favre rumoured to request a trade to Minnesota or to be released so he can play for a contender (likely Minnesota). Favre had the option to block any trade he didnt approve. Thompson went to him and said we have a trade to move you to the Jets, take it or leave it. He took it, played out his contract then retired....

So we thought. Came back and signed with the Packers' rivals the Vikes and sparked an even more hated rivalry.

Packers did decide to trade him but it was only after his antics. So it is a big deal, he is mostly to blame; he had complete control of the situation but took it out of his own hands. Imagine AP doing that to the Vikes to come play for the Bears or Packers - im sure the Vikes would be upset and rightfully so.

Guy was a diva during that time. Cried when he didnt get his way. Packers fan had the right to be upset at the time - cause extra turmoil when it wasnt needed and a major distraction for the future of the Packers in Rodgers - likely it didnt effect him. I think most have let it go because the decision was validated with a Superbowl win and the fact that A-Rod is arguably the best QB in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    I don't get it.

vCash
    I wonder if they'll put the picture of his penis in the Hall of Fame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    I wonder if they'll put the picture of his penis in the Hall of Fame.
    Hilarious.

vCash
    Only the Niners have had more quality QB's than GB with Favre being their best, he deserves everything the franchise can do for him.