Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

So if not Stanton... then who?

We need to add a star. Thats clear. We have a deep enough prospect pool that we can't keep everyone. Between Owens, Barnes, Webster, RDL, Workman, Ranaudo, Buchholz not everyone can stay.. same with Cechhini, Bogaerts, WMB, Marrero, etc.

So if we group up a nice package, who can you guys see us going after this offseason?

vCash
    Tulo or sign that Cuban defector Castillo.....thats all I can think of. FA class is dry.

vCash
    I think they will be content with Cespedes and Craig. It will be the rotation we improve in my opinion. I think Tulo is an option though. We need another lefty power bat though.

vCash
    I think our outfield is pretty much set. I imagine we'll check the prices on Tulo and Heyward. In Bogaerts, Betts, Swihart, Owens, etc. we have the blue chippers to swing a trade for pretty much anyone who's available - if the price is right.

vCash
    Wouldn't mind Tulo becoming a Red Sox. Guy would immediately and drastically improve our shortstop situation.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: Disappointing regular season, hoping for good things in 2015.
    Indianapolis Colts: 5-2, Week 8 vs. Steelers
    Dallas Mavericks: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 4-1-0, games this week vs. Toronto, New Jersey, Chicago

vCash
    2015 will probably look very close to this:

LF Craig / Nava
    CF Bradley / Victorino
    RF Cespedes
    3B Holt / Betts
    SS Bogaerts
    2B Pedroia
    1B Napoli / Nava
    C Vazquez / (free agent vet)
    DH Ortiz

Lots of mix and matching while Middlebrooks & Buchholz should be shown the door. Stanton will become more available as he gets closer to free agency or the Marlins start sucking again don't kid yourself, and we'll have every asset to swing a deal when that time comes.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - World Ranking: #5

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

vCash
    I would agree with Bo Sox Fan IF we didn't make any moves. And that lineup still lacks a #3 hitter. I suggested on another forum to trade Swihart, Owens, one of RDLR/Webster/Workman/Ranaudo, Marrero and Napoli for Tulo. Price may be less but Colorado will still command a lot and I think my offer is close.

Craig slides into 1B (where he should be) and Betts can develop into a leadoff hitter. Downside is sliding Bogaerts back to 3B, but Tulo gives us gold glove caliber defense at SS.

1. Betts LF (R)
    2. Pedroia 2B (R)
    3. Tulo SS (R)
    4. Ortiz DH (L)
    5. Cespedes RF (R)
    6. Craig 1B (R)
    7. Bogaerts 3B (R)
    8. JBJ CF (L)
    9. Vazquez C (R)

Bench
    C-veteran FA
    UIF-Holt (L)
    OF-Vicotrino (R)
    OF/1B-Nava (L)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    I would agree with Bo Sox Fan IF we didn't make any moves. And that lineup still lacks a #3 hitter. I suggested on another forum to trade Swihart, Owens, one of RDLR/Webster/Workman/Ranaudo, Marrero and Napoli for Tulo. Price may be less but Colorado will still command a lot and I think my offer is close.

Craig slides into 1B (where he should be) and Betts can develop into a leadoff hitter. Downside is sliding Bogaerts back to 3B, but Tulo gives us gold glove caliber defense at SS.

1. Betts LF (R)
    2. Pedroia 2B (R)
    3. Tulo SS (R)
    4. Ortiz DH (L)
    5. Cespedes RF (R)
    6. Craig 1B (R)
    7. Bogaerts 3B (R)
    8. JBJ CF (L)
    9. Vazquez C (R)

Bench
    C-veteran FA
    UIF-Holt (L)
    OF-Vicotrino (R)
    OF/1B-Nava (L)
    That is a right handed hwavy lineup butbi likw it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystack View Post
    I think our outfield is pretty much set. I imagine we'll check the prices on Tulo and Heyward. In Bogaerts, Betts, Swihart, Owens, etc. we have the blue chippers to swing a trade for pretty much anyone who's available - if the price is right.
    I think we don't need Tulo. He's too injured and his contract is not really "club friendly" for a guy with such injury concerns IMO. We should check out Heyward he'd be a good LHH in RF. I'd move Craig in any deal we're making for an impact bat and compensate a good 1/4 of his contract or so to keep the prospect package limited somewhat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theGhost-isGone View Post
    I think we don't need Tulo. He's too injured and his contract is not really "club friendly" for a guy with such injury concerns IMO. We should check out Heyward he'd be a good LHH in RF. I'd move Craig in any deal we're making for an impact bat and compensate a good 1/4 of his contract or so to keep the prospect package limited somewhat.
    Tulo's routinely worth $10 million more WAR $ per year than his $15 million AAV. That could be very helpful for a team with occasional luxury tax concerns. His injury issues are overblown, he's been a 5+ WAR player in
    five of the last six years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystack:28890298
    Quote Originally Posted by theGhost-isGone View Post
    Tulo's routinely worth $10 million more WAR $ per year than his $15 million AAV. That could be very helpful for a team with occasional luxury tax concerns. His injury issues are overblown, he's been a 5+ WAR player in
    five of the last six years.
    Not saying he's not a talented player, also not saying I wouldn't want him on our team, but I like Xander and the other young players we have coming up at SS/3B. I think our assets are better spent acquiring a LHH - or any (Stanton) - COF bat. We're lacking that in the minors and majors. That, and an Ace, are the only positions I would "gut the farm" for.

vCash
    How about kicking the tires on David Wright? I know this would make Boegarts our SS full-time, but Wright is a pretty good bat/defender for 3B. If not, I would also look at Carlos Gonzalez from COL. May be a cheaper bat alternative over Tulo . . . plus Tulo is a consistant MVP caliber player, why would COL want to give him up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    Do you really think he's that much of a game changer that you'd give up four top-20 club prospects (2-3 in BA top 100) plus a MLB starter for him? There's no way in the world that I'd deal that for Tulo. He seems to be trending more and more to the "Coors effect"; his league leading season is absurd that way with a .417/.497/.613 home and .257/.364/.447. That away slash is Cespedes with a few more walks.

I'll take the youth and growing pains.

vCash
    ^ Agreed. That's a ridiculous amount of cost-controlled talent given up by the Red Sox.

IF the Red Sox are to pursue Stanton, they will obviously have to give up a lot, but I'd rather save the prospects for him instead of Tulo.

The Home/Away splits that you posted are pretty telling.

vCash
    I found this tweet by Jared Carrabis amusing:

"@Giancarlo818 What number do you think you're going to wear when the Red Sox trade for you?"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast