Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

An Unfortunate Opportunity

In the wake of Paul George's injury should the C's pursue a trade with Indy.

If Indiana feels that there season is done (no Paul, no Stephenson) should Boston use some of their assets to go after Hibbert?

Indy 1st trade option:

Zeller
    Rondo
    maybe throw in Johnson & Babbs

Smart/Bradley or Turner /Green/Sully or Olynyk/Hibbert

or

Zeller
    Smart
    Wallace (to make salaries match)
    two 1st rnd picks (incentive to take wallace's salary)

Rondo/Bradley or Turner /Green/Sully or Olynyk/Hibbert

or

Zeller
    Smart
    Bass
    maybe a 2015 1st rnd pick

Rondo/Bradley or Turner /Green/Sully or Olynyk/Hibbert

or

Zeller
    Bradley
    Bass
    maybe a 2015 1st rnd pick

Rondo/Turner/Green/Sully or Olynyk/Hibbert

But if Rondo is dealt in the deal, then Indy has to please the Celtics also with more than just Hibbert. Every other deal I'll be happy with just Hibbert coming.
    Last edited by esb; 08-03-2014 at 02:20 PM.

vCash
    You're suggesting that Indy would want to sell because George is outů then why would they trade Hibbert for Rondo? That isn't a sell move. If anything, that would be a move to try and compete anyway because now with George and Stephenson out the Pacers need some ball handling (George Hill is a PG in name only - doesn't run the offense at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    You must of read my suggestion off of the many George threads in the main NBA section. I mentioned Hibbert for Smart and Wallace or Hibbert to Lakers for Randle and Nash.

vCash
    No way would we deal Smart for Hibbert, even if we were dumping Wallace. The only way we even consider dealing Samrt would be for Kevin Love or a legit superstar. Then we'd re-sign Rondo and build around them. Otherwise, we'll trade/let Rondo walk and continue rebuilding, with Smart one of the key pieces in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    You're suggesting that Indy would want to sell because George is outů then why would they trade Hibbert for Rondo? That isn't a sell move. If anything, that would be a move to try and compete anyway because now with George and Stephenson out the Pacers need some ball handling (George Hill is a PG in name only - doesn't run the offense at all).

Celtics needs a big/center Hibbert is better than what they already have he would be an up grade...........Rondo can be a trade asset for them, and maybe bring in whatever their looking for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    You must of read my suggestion off of the many George threads in the main NBA section.
    AH NO........I don't have time for that. I'm a busy man.

vCash
    I knew once I saw all the really long, complicated trade scenarios that this was an esb thread....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    I knew once I saw all the really long, complicated trade scenarios that this was an esb thread....
    If you want my autograph just ask man...........No need to be a hater. Wanna Fight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    If you want my autograph just ask man...........No need to be a hater. Wanna Fight
    Get an ambulance ready lol

Not a hater though, your posts are just easily identifiable

vCash
    I know people wanna get rid of Rondo, but I wouldnt bring in another underperforming player with a bigger contract

vCash
    As a Pacers fan, I feel we have no choice but to look forward to '15 and the return of PG. The idea of swapping Hibbert and Rondo made sense last week, but what makes sense now is to aim for lottery odds. And a pissed off Rondo would be terrible for our squad to build around. I would like to see a deal with James Young, Pressey, Zeller, and 2 1st rd's. That would build our future. (3 1st rd picks in '15 + Young) and keep your current core intact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    As a Pacers fan, I feel we have no choice but to look forward to '15 and the return of PG. The idea of swapping Hibbert and Rondo made sense last week, but what makes sense now is to aim for lottery odds. And a pissed off Rondo would be terrible for our squad to build around. I would like to see a deal with James Young, Pressey, Zeller, and 2 1st rd's. That would build our future. (3 1st rd picks in '15 + Young) and keep your current core intact.
    And who on your roster deserves 2 1st's exactly...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by forever35 View Post
    and who on your roster deserves 2 1st's exactly...???
    ^^^ this ^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    Dude, pass the pipe your smoking because ain't nobody on the Pacers roster worth 2 1st's. Smh .....