Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

THJ learning from Thibodeau

(Editorís Note: This diary was written before Paul Georgeís injury in the U.S. national teamís intrasquad scrimmage, which Hardaway Jr. did not play in.)
    My time with the Select Team in Las Vegas is over and, on an individual level, some of the biggest lessons I learned came on the defensive end from Team USAís assistant coach Tom Thibodeau, which I touched on in Thursdayís diary entry.
    As I fly out of Vegas, looking back Iíve got to say this was a great experience. I feel like I accomplished a lot throughout these past couple of days.
    I know we gave it our best shot while we were out there. We competed and we made each other better and made the USA team a lot better. Thatís all we focused on: making it a competitive atmosphere.

to long to copy past so just the intro, was a good read though

http://nypost.com/2014/08/02/tim-har...m-helped-my-d/

vCash
    I like this. One thing that I hope Fish is really good at is young player development. I don't think we've had a recent coach that really made this an emphasis. Shump and THjr are talented young players, in order to be successful looking forward we've got to properly develop this talent. Same could be said for Early, Larkin and Antetokounmpo.

We are always talking about 2015, but if we want to make a run in 2015, we've got to have solid role players. Real contributors. We easily have a year and change to really see what we have and develop the talent; I hope Fish can do it.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    I like this. One thing that I hope Fish is really good at is young player development. I don't think we've had a recent coach that really made this an emphasis. Shump and THjr are talented young players, in order to be successful looking forward we've got to properly develop this talent. Same could be said for Early, Larkin and Antetokounmpo.

We are always talking about 2015, but if we want to make a run in 2015, we've got to have solid role players. Real contributors. We easily have a year and change to really see what we have and develop the talent; I hope Fish can do it.

Fish came in with Kobe and helped him grow up.. I'm pretty sure he'll do wonders for THJR, Shump and CleAnt

vCash
    I wonder how this sits with fisher knowing that Timmy played for the summer league team under fisher and didn't have as many good things to say about his own coach but praised Tom thibs like he wanted to get traded to the bulls or some thing.

vCash
    Maybe we can work some thing out with the bulls.
    Timmy and shump since shump is from chi town and would love to go home and play.

Maybe Timmy and shump plus stat for Noah .

Just an idea.

They would never do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seizabmc View Post
    I wonder how this sits with fisher knowing that Timmy played for the summer league team under fisher and didn't have as many good things to say about his own coach but praised Tom thibs like he wanted to get traded to the bulls or some thing.

You jumping to that conclusion makes absolutely no sense. Especially, since he did say good things about Fisher. There's nothing wrong with saying something good about another coach, especially if he's learning something from him. THJr is always a complete professional, and will never saying anything bad about anyone and respects his coach and organization. Anything less and he just wouldn't be being himself.

Fisher, if anything would be happy about this, because it shows him that Hardaway at least has some interest in improving his D, which is what he should be focusing on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan1794:28882967
    null
    Nice find. Knicka fans should be excited he is taking action to improve his biggest weakness. I truly am optimistic about THjr this year.

vCash
    Wow, that is really making something out of nothing. When Fisher coached the SL team he had only been named coach for what, two weeks ? Don't forgot, this is a learning experience for him as well. I would hope Thibs would be better equipped to teach young talent at this point, if not the Bulls are in trouble.

vCash
    All I know is I don't care how he gets better as long as he does get better on defensive end.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan1794 View Post
    (Editorís Note: This diary was written before Paul Georgeís injury in the U.S. national teamís intrasquad scrimmage, which Hardaway Jr. did not play in.)
    My time with the Select Team in Las Vegas is over and, on an individual level, some of the biggest lessons I learned came on the defensive end from Team USAís assistant coach Tom Thibodeau, which I touched on in Thursdayís diary entry.
    As I fly out of Vegas, looking back Iíve got to say this was a great experience. I feel like I accomplished a lot throughout these past couple of days.
    I know we gave it our best shot while we were out there. We competed and we made each other better and made the USA team a lot better. Thatís all we focused on: making it a competitive atmosphere.

to long to copy past so just the intro, was a good read though

http://nypost.com/2014/08/02/tim-har...m-helped-my-d/
    Yes, I hope Phil's staff brings the same level of player development success they had in LA

vCash
    This is just silly.