Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

D-Backs Continue Their Retaliation Roll

Eye on Baseball ‏@EyeOnBaseball 54s
    Pirates-DBacks headed to bottom nine, 8-1 Pirates. Drama, though, to see if Pirates retaliate for obvious intentional HBP of McCutchen

Joe Sheehan ‏@joe_sheehan 6m
    "We're a .430 team that just wet itself in the seventh and eighth, but at least we got revenge for a clear accident." #Diamondbacks

Mike Petriello ‏@mike_petriello 8m
    Pirates announcer: "They're gutless. They waited until 4 runs down in the ninth. Where was that pitch in the first? Snakes. Good name."

Matthew Pouliot ‏@matthewpouliot 10m
    It's disgusting at any time, but PATHETIC is the only word to describe it when you wait until the 9th, down 5-1, to plunk the batter.

Joe Sheehan ‏@joe_sheehan 13m
    What an embarrassing display by the #Diamondbacks.

Zachary Levine ‏@zacharylevine 14m
    Kirk Gibson should be suspended for several weeks. This is so far past the point of being OK.

Rob Biertempfel ‏@BiertempfelTrib 16m
    McCutchen is plunked. Slams the bat onto the ground. Delgado didn't wait to be ejected before leaving mound.

vCash
    So....is this drawing crowds or something? This whole thing is ********. Like, seriously, what is the point of being like this and getting "revenge" for the stupidest things?

vCash
    Cindy Brunson ‏@CindyBrunsonAZ 2m
    When asked for his reaction to Delgado plunking McCutchen #Dbacks @23KGibby said the pitch gotta away.

The pitch got away?!?!??!?! are you ****ing KIDDING ME?!!??!?!!?!?!?!??!?!

vCash
    Posted my brief thoughts in the daily game thread, but will reiterate them again here.

Diamondbacks are punk *****es this series. There was no reason to hit Cutch. Do they honestly think we were trying to hit Goldschmidt up 9-4? The **** outta here. Kirk Gibson is a drunk and his team is a reflection of his terrible leadership. Control issues my ***. The Diamondbacks look and play like clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVNowitzki View Post
    Posted my brief thoughts in the daily game thread, but will reiterate them again here.

Diamondbacks are punk *****es this series. There was no reason to hit Cutch. Do they honestly think we were trying to hit Goldschmidt up 9-4? The **** outta here. Kirk Gibson is a drunk and his team is a reflection of his terrible leadership. Control issues my ***. The Diamondbacks look and play like clowns.
    They FRACTURED Goldschmidt's hand. If anything, it sends them a message. If you are going to pitch inside, you should be able to control or else.

Not a Dbacks fan.

vCash
    Sends them a message...a message about what? Pitching inside? Last time I checked, that's a thing in baseball. To add to that, Goldschmidt started his swing and it's not like it ran that far inside. You clearly didn't see what happened if this is your honest response.

Great call on Gibson pinch hitting him in the 9th in a 9-4 game though. Next.

Edit - to add an additonal point on to your ridiculous post, here is a quote from Goldschmidt himself.

"Guys have to try and get outs," he said. " What do you want them to do? Just throw it down the middle? They pitch inside as a team. We do it too. We want our pitchers to be able to pitch inside. You don't want to see anyone get hurt but sometimes it may or may not happen."
    Last edited by WVNowitzki; 08-03-2014 at 12:40 AM.

vCash
    Yep.. pitching inside is a part of a game. But if you hit/injure someone, you bet your players will be at jeopardy.

Learn to control your pitches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Cindy Brunson ‏@CindyBrunsonAZ 2m
    When asked for his reaction to Delgado plunking McCutchen #Dbacks @23KGibby said the pitch gotta away.

The pitch got away?!?!??!?! are you ****ing KIDDING ME?!!??!?!!?!?!?!??!?!
    They aren't going to admit to it that would be dumb the last guy who did that got suspended lol.

vCash
    Joe Sheehan is a little girl. It's baseball, HBP are going to happen and not every one of them is going to be an accident. Do we need to act like an entire franchise committed a puppy holocaust every time it happens? Actual genocide is occurring on this globe at this moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Joe Sheehan is a little girl. It's baseball, HBP are going to happen and not every one of them is going to be an accident. Do we need to act like an entire franchise committed a puppy holocaust every time it happens? Actual genocide is occurring on this globe at this moment.
    you dont understand though

Back from october... THE ARZ GM wants his players to hit more batters

molly_knight: Wow. DBacks GM Kevin Towers wants his pitchers to bean more hitters. Fired Charles Nagy partly because they didn't:

http://arizonasports.com/42/1668458/...eye-for-an-eye

vCash
    Doesn't matter if Bucs were trying to hit Goldy, the fact is that you did and broke his hand. This is baseball, why would anyone be surprised that they retaliated? Obviously the ideal situation would have been nailing Frieri in the face but he's never gonna get an at bat.

vCash
    People are making too big of a deal about this. "Don't hit our batters unless you want yours to get hit." Who cares? If your offense is sputtering, hit one of their batters so in return they'll hit one of yours and you'll get a free man on base.

vCash
    As a quasi-Pirates fan...I don't think Frieri meant to hit Goldy, but he did. And he did knock him out for a while. It's a dumb time to retaliate and I HATE the notion that retaliation is fair, but sadly this **** has become acceptable in the sport for better or worse. It shouldn't be, but it is. The Pirates whining is just silly because every team retaliates at dumb times like this.

I HATE this aspect of baseball, but these stupid idiotic "unwritten rules" exist. **** the D-Backs for doing it, but most everyone bashing them is being a hypocrite. It's stupid that it has become a given that retaliation will come like it did tonight, but that's reality. Unfortunately. The Pirates would have done the same if it was McCutchen that was knocked out for a month.

14. 08-03-2014, 02:17 AM
    Reason
    That's not necessary - SFrush90

vCash
    DiamondBacks are a joke
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Boo-hoo.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast