Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,840
    vCash
    1500

    Subban signs 8 year 72 mil deal

    Subban's eight year deal with MTL has an AAV of $9M. #TSN
    McKenzie

    Woah

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    Worth it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    6,619
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah this isn't really that bad if the Toews/Kane deals are the new standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

    EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    287
    vCash
    1500
    I would say its an over payment. 9 million wow, that is alot but the Canadiens had no choice. He is the biggest offensive and deffensive cog of the team. He is not replacable. A fair market value would be 7.5 million but Montreal skimped out in his last deal and now they are paying the price. Not to mention they get him during when he peaks as he still can improve more, his prime and then some more. He is a free agent when he is 33 so the deal should be well worth it as i don't see Subban declining during his contract. But 9 million thats Sidney Crosby, Ov, Malkin money and i dont think no defenseman should be paid this much. On the plus side if the salary cap is a projected to go up, during years 5 and onwards of his contract 9 million may look like 5 to 6 million. Good job Montreal!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,304
    vCash
    1500
    Very happy that this is done and while a more team-friendly deal would be ideal of course, 9 million and being the third highest paid defensemen, for a guy who is 25 and has tonnes of room to improve still, logs huge minutes, plays his best in big games, it's hard to complain.

    In 4 years he wont even be top 10 highest paid and in a few years and for the rest of the contract this will look like a steal.

    We likely could have gotten him at 8 mil for a 4 year contract, then would be likely paying 12/year in 4 years time. Trade offs for locking him up during his whole prime.

    Go Habs!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    6,619
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ankit View Post
    I would say its an over payment. 9 million wow, that is alot but the Canadiens had no choice. He is the biggest offensive and deffensive cog of the team. He is not replacable. A fair market value would be 7.5 million but Montreal skimped out in his last deal and now they are paying the price. Not to mention they get him during when he peaks as he still can improve more, his prime and then some more. He is a free agent when he is 33 so the deal should be well worth it as i don't see Subban declining during his contract. But 9 million thats Sidney Crosby, Ov, Malkin money and i dont think no defenseman should be paid this much. On the plus side if the salary cap is a projected to go up, during years 5 and onwards of his contract 9 million may look like 5 to 6 million. Good job Montreal!
    Crosby, OV, Malkin, etc. signed their contracts in a different time than when Subban did. You really can't compare the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

    EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    PK Subban, top 7 defenseman signed in the new era. Kane and Toews just signed for 1.5M more so I'd call this a super fair deal.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,713
    vCash
    2708
    overpayment,but now that the Habs and Hawks have poor management, hopefully the Bruins will prevail.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Quinnipiac University
    Posts
    3,260
    vCash
    1500
    ^lol this is great asset management, and the Bruins are in far worse cap trouble than either team so hold your horses there.


    After Hours album out 4/29

    When you're having fun... Timeflies

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    18,374
    vCash
    1150
    Good deal I expected 10 tbh.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    17,137
    vCash
    1500
    So happy to have PK locked up.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    4,404
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    overpayment,but now that the Habs and Hawks have poor management, hopefully the Bruins will prevail.
    You cease to amaze me Kevin.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,713
    vCash
    2708
    Bruins cap issues are short term, they are a result of cap penalties.
    Subban needs to improve greatly in his own zone to be worth this much.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    4,404
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    So happy to have PK locked up.
    I agree, I really didn't want to see this decided by the arbitrator and have to go thru this again next year. Glad it's done.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    35,101
    vCash
    1500
    PK is a very good player so I'm sure Habs fans are happy to keep him. Not many Dmen with his kind of impact offensively and defensively. Its a shame that fans now have to judge cap hits instead of just how good players are. With that said I think McD's 4.7 mill a year (6 years) now looks like a steal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •