Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How current Yankees do you really like to watch play?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • No one- They all bother me

1 16.67%
  • 0-5

3 50.00%
  • 6-10

1 16.67%
  • 11-15

0 0%
  • 16-20

0 0%
  • 21-25- I love everyone! Let's get a vegan smoothy

1 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash

How many players do you actually like watching play, on this team?

This is something we don't really talk about, which is sad. People scream about a guy sucking or quote some numbers to prove otherwise but I am curious how many players you actually enjoy watch playing.

I would ask that if you do the poll, stick to players you really like and not guys you think are ok and please list the guys you like.

My poll answer will be 6-10
    Gardner, Ells, Itchy, Betances, Robertson. Cervix

This is opposed to

98-
    It was close to the whole roster.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 08-02-2014 at 09:57 AM.

As Jets fans, we act like this Jet is either taking off to new heights or crashing to the ground. There is never a normal ride with some turbulence.

vCash
    Gardy
    Ells
    Tanaka
    Betances
    Greene
    Drob
    Tex
    Carlos lately
    Cervix
    Pinetar
    Rod

vCash
    Come on clown, you don't like watching Tanaka pitch?

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Pitching:

Tanaka - obvious
    Pineda - showed real flashes when healthy
    Betances - obvious
    Robertson - A legit successor to Mariano. Gotta love how he's handled the closer role this year.

Hitting:

Gardner - one of few exciting offensive players
    Ellsbury - see: Gardner
    Beltran - when he's on, he's a constant threat to get a big hit
    A-Rod (when he's actually not suspended)
    Jeter - solely because it's his last season

The rest are just boring.

vCash
    I do like watching Tanaka pitch but he's not playing right now, he wasn't in my field of vision. I guess I wasn't considering him a Yankee yet.
    But then my number is still only 7.

Really,
    Paulie
    Brosius
    Bernie
    Jorge
    Tino
    Chuck
    El Duque
    Cone
    Wells
    Mo...

Even friggin Sojo.

I'm just saying that the quick turnover, lack of home grown and quality of players make it less fun to watch.

As Jets fans, we act like this Jet is either taking off to new heights or crashing to the ground. There is never a normal ride with some turbulence.

vCash
    Tanaka, Betances, Ells, Gardner, Headley

ugh
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    If they are in pinstripes, I like watching them (and since I am out of market, and don't have the time to enjoy getting the expanded televised games, watching them don't happen much)...

If they are in Red Sox uni's... makes me want to hurl...and ESPN and MLB Network seem to enjoy rebroadcasting the Red Pox games (that reigning champion thing I believe)...

I love the game in general... I enjoy seeing the Rockies play as well... Just can't stand Big Mouth Papi and the rest of his cry baby team...

vCash
    I answered 1-5 before I actually thought about it. They included:
    Gardner
    Drob
    Betances

It might be higher with the new additions and I did not include the injured players. On the current roster, among the hitters, I also like to see Jeter out of my own personal respect mental video. Then I'm excited about Headley and Prado as new players. On the pitching staff I would be excited watching the injured rotation and I like Greene since he arrived. I can tolerate Ells and McCann, Cervelli, Texiera, Phelps, but it's hard to say that I really like them or that I'm "excited" by them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    If they are in pinstripes, I like watching them (and since I am out of market, and don't have the time to enjoy getting the expanded televised games, watching them don't happen much)...

If they are in Red Sox uni's... makes me want to hurl...and ESPN and MLB Network seem to enjoy rebroadcasting the Red Pox games (that reigning champion thing I believe)...

I love the game in general... I enjoy seeing the Rockies play as well... Just can't stand Big Mouth Papi and the rest of his cry baby team...
    Thanks for this post.
    I like this post because of the first sentence. It's a great post in general and the sentiment is shared but the first sentence is a statement that stands out to me.

This is kind of the point of the thread, do you root for the team or the players? Is it strange that we root for a uniform, even if you don't like the guys on the field so much?
    I think it is.
    I wouldn't shop in a store if I only liked a few items they had and there was a store around the corner with tons of stuff I like, just because of the store's name.
    So why do we do it in sports? Loyalty? Ok. That's fair but why the loyalty? Why do people belittle others for liking multiple teams? Following one team for a year or two ans then another after that? I know, as a jets fan that there is something torturously wonderful about the possibility of each year being the year and having been on the ride but I have to wonder what would happen to these sports teams if people just started following the team with their favorite players as opposed to the name on the jersey.
    Would the league catch up and realize the types of players their fan base liked?
    Just being a bit philosophical

vCash
    We root for whoever wears the laundry. We are "excited" by our favorite players. So even if they aren't our favorite players, we still toot for them. I don't like Yankees who were Red Sox in the past, but I still root for them to get hits or pitch well, but they will never be my favorite players or the ones I find the most exciting. Those are reserved for the home grown talent that I've watched develop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    We root for whoever wears the laundry. We are "excited" by our favorite players. So even if they aren't our favorite players, we still toot for them. I don't like Yankees who were Red Sox in the past, but I still root for them to get hits or pitch well, but they will never be my favorite players or the ones I find the most exciting. Those are reserved for the home grown talent that I've watched develop.

Absolutely.
    There are also guys who for whatever reason, fit into the teams chemistry and add to it. Tino, O'neill...
    I think the rapid moving short term contracts brought on to stay afloat, are killing this team in that sense.
    Not bringing up guys from the farm makes it less enjoyable to watch this team.
    We still root and hope and jump for joy or scream but it's less personal.

vCash
    I prefer the clowns.

vCash
    Loyalty is to the team, not the players. Once they put on the uniform, it doesn't matter to me who they played for in the past, ex-Boston or whatever, or whether they came up through our system. I care more about Ellsbury and McCann than I do about Melky and Cano and Austin Jackson.

As for "who do I like to watch," I would have to go with Matt Thornton with Brendan Ryan a distant second. Seriously, I like watching whoever is getting a hit, scoring a run, or throwing strike three, so it changes game to game. If forced to choose a favorite, it would be either Gardner or Ells.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .282 HR: ONE! RBI: 20 SB: 12 AGE: 40

vCash
    For me loyalty is to the players first, the franchise second.

After a certain point the team you know no longer exists and you need more than adherence to a uniform to maintain interest.

I have most enjoyed watching the last few generations of prospects develop and take their shots at the Majors. For me that means Gardner, Nova, Betances, Robertson, and to a lesser extent Cervelli and Warren.

When it comes to the team as it is today I only really enjoy watching Kuroda, Gardy, Betances, and D-Rob.

I have high hopes for McCann and Pineda and less so for Ells and Beltran.

I loved watching Tanaka pitch…but he is gone right now and that leaves a pretty big hole in this team.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

vCash
    Right now guys I like watching include:

Tanaka
    Pineda
    McCarthy
    Greene
    Betances

McCann
    Elsbury
    Gardner

And prado, headley have my interest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast