Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    4,585
    vCash
    1500

    Lets keep it real

    I'm gone keep it real since most won't. We will most likely be a 5-11 team with a top 10 pick that better not be used on OL. We have the type offense that can lead us to 8 wins but Romo is going to blow 2 of those games and Garrett will get out coached in the other.

    Defense just being honest is going to be next to last this season because we failed to bring in better players. We basically have the same players on defense mins the guys who actually produced. We lost Lee, Ware, Hatcher the only guys who came to play on Sundays. So being honest nobody can think the defense will be better. All the talent in this draft we have nothing on defense to show for it and as usual we lose a high pick to injury before the season starts.

    Now the only way we have any chance of being a 8-8 at best is if Romo stops taking Dez out of games to feed Witten the ball, we start giving Murray atleast 20 carries a game and We throw the ball down the field for passes longer than 10 yards. Also the defensive side of the ball will have to look half way decent instead of like a bunch of scrubs.

    So lets just pray that Carter, Claiborne, Carr, Wilcox, McClain, and 2 DL come to play football on Sundays if not we are in for a long season
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,521
    vCash
    1500
    Lol we won't get a top-10 pick. If anything it'll be another bad enough to miss the playoffs but good enough to miss the top-10.

    titties

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    499
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    I'm gone keep it real since most won't. We will most likely be a 5-11 team with a top 10 pick that better not be used on OL. We have the type offense that can lead us to 8 wins but Romo is going to blow 2 of those games and Garrett will get out coached in the other.

    Defense just being honest is going to be next to last this season because we failed to bring in better players. We basically have the same players on defense mins the guys who actually produced. We lost Lee, Ware, Hatcher the only guys who came to play on Sundays. So being honest nobody can think the defense will be better. All the talent in this draft we have nothing on defense to show for it and as usual we lose a high pick to injury before the season starts.

    Now the only way we have any chance of being a 8-8 at best is if Romo stops taking Dez out of games to feed Witten the ball, we start giving Murray atleast 20 carries a game and We throw the ball down the field for passes longer than 10 yards. Also the defensive side of the ball will have to look half way decent instead of like a bunch of scrubs.

    So lets just pray that Carter, Claiborne, Carr, Wilcox, McClain, and 2 DL come to play football on Sundays if not we are in for a long season
    I think you're still bitter from the fact the Cowboys were 8 points away from being 13 and 3 last year. There's no question about it Dallas is better right now than last year at this time. The Martin pick looks like the perfect pick, not to mention, he's dominating in practice. This oline will be top 3, you can bank on that. You can also bank on that Dallas' defense will be no where near as bad as it was last year. I expect them to be no less than 19th overall. I agree with being outcoached last year, but Jason Garrett is a very smart guy, he will learn from his mistakes. This is gonna be year that we start seeing some of Garrett's draft picks shine. You say you're being real, but it sounds like you are just being bitter because the Cowboys have let you down so much over the last 19 years,which I understand, but...... Let's be real and to the point, Dallas' offense will be top 5 if Romo stays healthy (they avg 27 points a game last year). Someone correct if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure Murray led the league in yards per carry (not sure on the min carries). This offense is LOADED. Fact. If Dallas defense can improve even 25% better than what they were last year, we're heading to the playoffs. I understand everyone's frustation but there are ALOT of reasons to be optimistic and excited this year. Mark my words, Dallas will be beat the 49ers week 1. This is a new team and I'm fired up. REAL.
    Last edited by cowboysride; 08-01-2014 at 05:55 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,355
    vCash
    1500
    There are 32 teams in the NFL. The cowboys were ranked 32 in defence last year. How can the defence be worse?
    We set a few all time records for futility on defence. Gotta believe we hit rock bottom defensively and there's only one direction the defence can go in and thats UP!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,974
    vCash
    1500
    Blacknell, do you really consider six sacks and 40 total tackles producing from a DE?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,697
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    I'm gone keep it real since most won't. We will most likely be a 5-11 team with a top 10 pick that better not be used on OL. We have the type offense that can lead us to 8 wins but Romo is going to blow 2 of those games and Garrett will get out coached in the other.

    Defense just being honest is going to be next to last this season because we failed to bring in better players. We basically have the same players on defense mins the guys who actually produced. We lost Lee, Ware, Hatcher the only guys who came to play on Sundays. So being honest nobody can think the defense will be better. All the talent in this draft we have nothing on defense to show for it and as usual we lose a high pick to injury before the season starts.

    Now the only way we have any chance of being a 8-8 at best is if Romo stops taking Dez out of games to feed Witten the ball, we start giving Murray atleast 20 carries a game and We throw the ball down the field for passes longer than 10 yards. Also the defensive side of the ball will have to look half way decent instead of like a bunch of scrubs.

    So lets just pray that Carter, Claiborne, Carr, Wilcox, McClain, and 2 DL come to play football on Sundays if not we are in for a long season
    If we're keeping it real then its time for people to start admitting that Ware was one of the main reasons the defense was so bad last year. He provided zero pass rush. Hatcher was the only on that showed up all year. Also they do not have the same team as last year. Go back and look at the guys that started on the defensive line the last third of the season. I don't think any of those guys are on an NFL roster right now. As for Dez, last I checked he had a pretty good season.

    As for the record this year I'm thinking 9-7. The offense is going to be dominant because of that o-line. The defense though will still have it's issues. The LB'ers are still pretty bad. I think the Eagles will finish in front of them but Dallas will finish 2nd in the East and still miss the playoffs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Manhattan College
    Posts
    6,761
    vCash
    0
    This is the year that we win that kc game because dunbar doesn't fumble, the year we win that sd game because teddy doesn't fumble, the Denver game because our defense gets more than one stop, the lion game because heath and Carr don't let the wr's have the sidelines, the packer game because we run the ball and the eagle game because Romo gets Bailey into position to win it.

    Optimistic! Have a great weekend.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,974
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    This is the year that we win that kc game because dunbar doesn't fumble, the year we win that sd game because teddy doesn't fumble, the Denver game because our defense gets more than one stop, the lion game because heath and Carr don't let the wr's have the sidelines, the packer game because we run the ball and the eagle game because Romo gets Bailey into position to win it.

    Optimistic! Have a great weekend.

    Any one of those happen we are in the playoffs!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboysride View Post
    I think you're still bitter from the fact the Cowboys were 8 points away from being 13 and 3 last year.
    They were also 20 points away from being 3 and 13

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,498
    vCash
    1500
    @ Blacknell, I appreciate trying to keep it real, but in my world, if they stay healthy (no more serious injuries like DLaw), then the Offense will score and hopefully win the TOP battle each game...that keeps the defense on the field less and if the rotation of players on the DL is successful, then there will be one or two more stops (forcing a punt) which gives the ball back to the offense

    I can see 10-6, and if the offense clicks behind what could be a terrific OL, then it could be even better

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    499
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by DMX View Post
    They were also 20 points away from being 3 and 13
    Good point, but 8 points is closer buddy. There's plenty to be optimistic about

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Nj
    Posts
    3,996
    vCash
    1500
    Tbh its the same with this Dallas organization. You look at a season, see the talent on the roster and say to yourself hmm this team can win 10-12 games… or can lose 10-12 games. I dont know what to expect from this team.

    Offense - has the tools and pieces to be dynamic, one can say elite. Health and play calling will be issues there.

    Defense - ranked dead last last season.. Only way to go is up.. Right? Well already hit with key injuries and we havent even played 1 pre season game. Wish guys can step up and OVER achieve.
    Secondary has to improve drastically as well.

    Special teams - our best unit. Harris great return specialist, bailey is $$$. Have to contain big returns.

    Our schedule is tough though so im gonna say either 10 wins or 10 losses .

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,697
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx J0SE 21 xXx View Post
    Tbh its the same with this Dallas organization. You look at a season, see the talent on the roster and say to yourself hmm this team can win 10-12 games… or can lose 10-12 games. I dont know what to expect from this team.

    Offense - has the tools and pieces to be dynamic, one can say elite. Health and play calling will be issues there.

    Defense - ranked dead last last season.. Only way to go is up.. Right? Well already hit with key injuries and we havent even played 1 pre season game. Wish guys can step up and OVER achieve.
    Secondary has to improve drastically as well.

    Special teams - our best unit. Harris great return specialist, bailey is $$$. Have to contain big returns.

    Our schedule is tough though so im gonna say either 10 wins or 10 losses .
    The schedule is the main thing I'm worried about. Even if the defense improves and with an elite offense they could very possibly end up with a worse record.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,697
    vCash
    1500
    Here's a question though... Worst case scenario... Let's say the wheels completely fall off and the Cowboys end up with a top 10 pick and are in position to draft James Winston or a stud DE. Which way would you guys go? Personally I take the QB.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,521
    vCash
    1500
    Not Jamies Winston.

    titties

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •