Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Day

vCash

Harvey Day

Matt Harvey could begin throwing as soon as Friday

Originally published: July 30, 2014 9:43 PM

Matt Harvey will soon take a major step in his rehab from Tommy John surgery.

According to sources, Harvey is tentatively scheduled to throw off the lip of the pitcher's mound, perhaps as soon as Friday. At the latest, he would begin throwing next week.
    If all goes according to plan, it would be the first time the Mets righthander has worked off a mound since his surgery last October.

Harvey, 25, has been medically cleared for some time, according to a source. But the Mets have insisted on delaying Harvey's throwing session for fear that his rehab program had progressed too quickly.

Now, Harvey appears to have the green light to throw, even though it remains unlikely that he pitches in the big leagues this season. Instead, the club has focused on having Harvey back at full strength by spring training.

Harvey's dominance highlighted an otherwise dreary 2013 season. In 26 starts before his elbow injury, Harvey went 9-5 with a 2.27 ERA and drew the starting assignment for the NL in the All-Star Game at Citi Field.
    the beginning of the comeback
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    Harvey/Wheeler/deGrom/Thor/Colon

Trade Gee and Niese in the offseason for offense and prospects.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Harvey/deGrom/Wheeler/Thor/Niese

Trade Colon and Gee. Trade Niese if he nets a big return and keep Colon. Otherwise keep Niese.

If the Mets decide to trade for a big bat, they'll probably have to deal Wheeler or Thor.

vCash
    Not a fan of Montero.

Hopefully Harvey comes back as good as he was.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Not a fan of Montero.

Hopefully Harvey comes back as good as he was.
    The elevated walks scare me some and the fact that he doesn't have put away stuff but he's only 23. With better command and control, he could still become a solid MORP.

vCash
    I get the strong sense the Mets held Harvey back because they don't trust him not to do something stupid. From what I've seen of Harvey it was the smart move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Harvey/deGrom/Wheeler/Thor/Niese

Trade Colon and Gee. Trade Niese if he nets a big return and keep Colon. Otherwise keep Niese.

If the Mets decide to trade for a big bat, they'll probably have to deal Wheeler or Thor.
    Totally agree.

vCash
    Trade Harvey before he becomes phillip humber.

vCash
    Harvey is pitching right now!

But we have Rick Ankiel at center field?

Wtf i though i erased that bum from my memory, still he was probably better than CY.

vCash

vCash
    Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN 3m
    Matt Harvey is in the process of his first bullpen session since Tommy John surgery.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Yes!!!!
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    So how did it go? Did he throw any chin music? WHY THE **** NOT?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Harvey/Wheeler/deGrom/Thor/Colon

Trade Gee and Niese in the offseason for offense and prospects.
    I don't know about that rotation, at least not for a full season. Although I love the 1-4 and Colon gives us a bridge to Matz. Harvey/Wheeler/DeGrom/Thor are all pretty similar. They're all righty power pitchers. One of them is bound to get beat up on by a good offensive team during a three game series.

Never thought of this situation until last year, when Gee and Hefner were both on a role, but were so similar that they had to throw Niese in-between their starts.

Id be more inclined to Keep Niese at least until Matz is up.
    Go with

Harvey
    Wheeler
    Niese
    DeGrom
    Thor

Trade Gee Montero and hopefully Colon. Then Niese after Matz comes around.

vCash
    Yesterday Harvey was still taking about 2014. The Mets have four years of control left before Scott and Harvey ride off into the sunset.

Shut up about 2014, and do what you're told. You are not the BMOC at NC anymore. The Mets don't have to kiss your butt, they pay you and own you, so grow up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast