Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire AA!

vCash

Fire AA!

Fat dialogue drool got Valencia incoming against Price, Lester, Lackey, Milone, Cosart, Miller, Jackson, Prado, Cabrera, Franklin, Drew, heck even Bonifacio changing address last minute

our GM missing calls or what?

- offseason Jbau EE demands trade
    - melkman janssen tests FA with powerhouse clubs lining up (rangers, A's, yanks, cardinals, tigers, reds, mariners, bosox)
    - stuck with last retiring years of buerhle, dickey, -albatross contract + iffy knees + falling arm combined in Reyes
    -scrambling replacement-level fill-ins yet again for rasmus, morrow, romero
    - sophomore year learning curves for stroman, sanchez

tired of dialogue nothing lining up in value when all other 15 clubs can

vCash
    If you can find a GM that can operate with the lack of flexibility Rogers gives, then yea, I'll ready the cannon.

vCash
    The only thing more annoying then AA's excuses are rant threads like these.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:28875250
    If you can find a GM that can operate with the lack of flexibility Rogers gives, then yea, I'll ready the cannon.
    Rays? A's? Orioles? Rangers? Tigers? Cardinals? Reds?

all clubs got megacash to burn? or they all find diamond in the rough before going over the top

AA? he did grab Jbau EE to kickstart process, but no progress since...

lost Aaron Hill (2b) Henderson Alvarez (p) Yan Gomes (c) Mike Napoli (c/1b/dh)

remember michael young? perrenial all-star for a bag of balls?

smart teams buy low sell high

AA buy high sell low

ready the cannon
    Last edited by superfio; 08-01-2014 at 08:20 AM.

vCash
    If the Jays make the playoffs he isn't being fired. Standing pat at the deadline shouldn't get him fired, but he really should have added a reliever or something else to help.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    It's upsetting when they lie to you by saying moves at the Deadline seem likely after doing absolutely nothing in the off-season. And now at the Deadline, they do nothing at all once again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    If the Jays make the playoffs he isn't being fired. Standing pat at the deadline shouldn't get him fired, but he really should have added a reliever or something else to help.
    Well he added the guy that had two home runs uncluding the one that lead to the victory.....
    Cause you did not know of the guy and his potential, does not make it buying high....right.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tazsub3 View Post
    Well he added the guy that had two home runs uncluding the one that lead to the victory.....
    Cause you did not know of the guy and his potential, does not make it buying high....right.....
    Pardon me?

I'm well aware of Nolan Reimold's potential, thanks. I'm also quite happy he added Valencia as I've said the Jays needed a lefty masher to platoon with Lind. But the fact remains there were other areas of the team that could, and should have been upgraded, such as at SP and in the bullpen.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    the team is 1.5 games out on August first. Close this thread and ban this ****ing idiot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
    the team is 1.5 games out on August first. Close this thread and ban this ****ing idiot
    haha, that's a bit harsh. To be fair from all the winners/losers list at mlb trade deadline reports I have seen, Jays are included in the losers list everywhere. But AA should be judged after the season. If Jays fail to make the playoffs, then AA's tenure must be reviewed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
    best post of the thread

vCash
    They needed bullpen help yes, but besides Millone, what starting pitcher could they get? Lester, and Price? both mean you lose stroman/sanchez.

It's more dis-concerning that they didn't get SP help in the off season, but there's no reason to hate AA, especially when the team is 60-50 1.5 back without EE, Lind, Lawrie, Delabar, and Santos.

This team will get improvement, but it will be from powerful bats returning from injury.

vCash
    Yup i felt the same too when i saw that Price was gone for nothing and then you have Allen Craig Cesepedes LAckey Lester Cabrerra all that were available.

Why alex should be fired
    One i think AA should be fired because if you look at the Detroit Tigers hey had a worser record than the Blue Jays, yet they didn't shy away from making that deal for Price. Im pretty sure if you had Sanchez with a Hutchison and a Pompey we would have had Price not to mention throw a Daniel Noris and Tammpa Bay might have fainted. I dont care thats two major league players off the roster and two prospect. Its not even about the money next year the Blue Jays will have close to 30 million in cap sapce i heard that on the Jeff Blair show. They are going to let Colby walk away, not going to pick up the option on Morrow so Price salary is not even significant money next year. Now i dont know if the bluejays next year will play at the same level, if they will even have the same record so why not go all in. If tampa bay trades Price to the Central where Detroit next year can easily be a wild card they would be competing against them so dont tell me Tampa would not have made that deal. I cannot belive Alex just stood back fell in love with his prospects and did not want to make the deal. When you made those trades for Josh Johnson and R.a Dickey you dont stop there you keep on adding to make your team better. Bautista and EE are in their early 30 and are not getting yonger so are Dickey and Burhle. Look at what Oakland did, in two months gutted their farm down to have a one two Of Samajdia and LEster. Billy Beane gave up Cespedes thats a MArcus Stroman on the Jays for a rental why because he wanted to win now. If your in the hunt this late in August you go for it. Alex is useless man that is fit to be a scout, he doesnt take any risks and doesnt think like a GM. He is constantly adding through the waiver wire like this team with Price, Stroman, Burhle and pick one of the other two would be lethal in the playoffs. But to sit there and think Sanchez Stroman and Hutchison will not regress and get you into the playoffs ever year in the American League is a joke. They are not proven commodities, who cares even if you need to retool again in two years, atleast for the next two years BlueJays fans would not mind being in the playoffs and having a chance to win a title. Also to mention all the prospects drafted were from the JP Richardi era like Synderguard, Travis, Jake Marisnick, Marcus Stroman, Aron Sanchez and also including Jose Bautista And Edwin who were traded to the Jays in JP tenure. Alex has done nothing other than making highly questionable trades with Miami and New York and i think he doesn't want to make those errors. He needs to understand some trades work out and some don't but if you just stay still when there is a window to win a world series you absolutely go for it and not fall in love with your prospects.

Why am i pissed?
    I also understand having a rotation next year for under 2 million dollars but what will you do when Jose Bautista and Edwin and Mellky are free agents and are passed their prime. You will need to spend a boat load on getting a guy with power and average. They dont have no one that can replace them a Gose please the guy is a bum. This is foolish you either rebuild totally or you go for it. You dont try rebuilding your pitching staff and closing the window on your hitters. This is putting your legs on two boats, you always end up falling down.

Why Alex should not be fired
    The position not to fire AA: Well the team is in the playoff hunt. The Josh Johnson trade may not have worked out but Burhle and Reyes have. The extensions for Jose Bautista and Edwin are looking like a steal and Melky at 8 million is pure robbery. Dion navarro is making the teams pitching staff much better, not only can he hit but he calls a fabulous game. He also did get rid of Vernon Wells and Alex Rios. He also rehired John Gibbons who looks like he knows what he is doing and has not given anyone an albotrass contract like a Pujols or Prince Fielder
    Last edited by ankit; 08-01-2014 at 09:41 AM.

vCash

Fire AA!

As much as I wanted Miller I wasn't down for trading a top 5 spec for him. I was really hoping for Price especially after seeing what it cost, which is almost laughable compared to some peoples crazy theories around here were. It literally cost a mid rotation starter at best, a decent 2b spec who has been horrible to start his mlb career and a board line top 100 spec.

That could of been along the lines of Hutch, Nay and Pompey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ankit View Post
    Yup i felt the same too when i saw that Price was gone for nothing and then you have Allen Craig Cesepedes LAckey Lester Cabrerra all that were available. One i think AA should be fired because if you look at the Detroit Tigers hey had a worser record than the Blue Jays, yet they didn't shy away from making that deal for Price. Im pretty sure if you had Sanchez with a Hutchison and a Pompey we would have had Price not to mention throw a Daniel Noris and Tammpa Bay might have fainted. I dont care thats two major league players off the roster and two prospect. Its not even about the money next year the Blue Jays will have close to 30 million in cap sapce i heard that on the Jeff Blair show. They are going to let Colby walk away, not going to pick up the option on Morrow so Price salary is not even significant money next year. Now i dont know if the bluejays next year will play at the same level, if they will even have the same record so why not go all in. If tampa bay trades Price to the Central where Detroit next year can easily be a wild card they would be competing against them so dont tell me Tampa would not have made that deal. I cannot belive Alex just stood back fell in love with his prospects and did not want to make the deal. When you made those trades for Josh Johnson and R.a Dickey you dont stop there you keep on adding to make your team better. Bautista and EE are in their early 30 and are not getting yonger so are Dickey and Burhle. Look at what Oakland did, in two months gutted their farm down to have a one two Of Samajdia and LEster. Billy Beane gave up Cespedes thats a MArcus Stroman on the Jays for a rental why because he wanted to win now. If your in the hunt this late in August you go for it. Alex is useless man that is fit to be a scout, he doesnt take any risks and doesnt think like a GM. He is constantly adding through the waiver wire like this team with Price, Stroman, Burhle and pick one of the other two would be lethal in the playoffs. But to sit there and think Sanchez Stroman and Hutchison will not regress and get you into the playoffs ever year in the American League is a joke. They are not proven commodities, who cares even if you need to retool again in two years, atleast for the next two years BlueJays fans would not mind being in the playoffs and having a chance to win a title. Also to mention all the prospects drafted were from the JP Richardi era like Synderguard, Travis, Jake Marisnick, Marcus Stroman, Aron Sanchez and also including Jose Bautista And Edwin who were traded to the Jays in JP tenure. Alex has done nothing other than making highly questionable trades with Miami and New York and i think he doesn't want to make those errors. He needs to understand some trades work out and some don't but if you just stay still when there is a window to win a world series you absolutely go for it and not fall in love with your prospects.

I also understand having a rotation next year for under 2 million dollars but what will you do when Jose Bautista and Edwin and Mellky are free agents and are passed their prime. You will need to spend a boat load on getting a guy with power and average. They dont have no one that can replace them a Gose please the guy is a bum. This is foolish you either rebuild totally or you go for it. You dont try rebuilding your pitching staff and closing the window on your hitters. This is putting your legs on two boats, you always end up falling down.
    There is just so much wrong in your post... I don't know where to start.

Worser?

You would give Sanchez, Pompey, Norris and Hutch for 1.5 years of Price?

Was trading for a 38 year old knuckleballer not a risk?

D'Arnaud wasn't even drafted by us, but he was acquired by AA via trade. Sanchez, Syndergaard, Stroman (I mean is it so hard to forget he was just drafted last year?), Nicolino were all drafted with AA as GM.

30 million in cap space doesn't even make sense. The MLB doesn't have a cap....

My head hurts...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast