Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thought's on the BR's predictions...New York Knicks: 35-47

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-agency/page/6

"Even with Carmelo Anthony returning to Madison Square Garden on a massive contract, the New York Knicks aren't going to make the playoffs during the 2014-15 season. There's a slight chance they do—in fact, they're the first team in these standings with a realistic shot at a coveted postseason berth—but there's too much novelty and not enough talent.

Don't get me wrong. Phil Jackson has gotten off to a great start while running the show for the 'Bockers, trading for Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin and others, drafting Cleanthony Early and Thanasis Antetokounmpo, luring Melo back to New York and allowing hope to enter back into the equation.

However, that hope should apply to the 2015 offseason, not what comes between now and then.

With Derek Fisher learning how to coach, just months removed from playing in the postseason for the Oklahoma City Thunder, and a roster that isn't too much more talented than last year's, the postseason is a pipe dream. Plus, learning the triangle offense will be a process for the established incumbents.

Don't count the Knicks out quite yet, but don't expect them to play past the regular season either."

vCash
    I don't expect anyone to pick us as a playoff team. We were supposed to crawl into the playoffs with 40 wins the year we won 54 too. Not one expert out of 30 picked us to win the division that year. I think we come out guns blazing similar to that season with something to prove. Our defense is a huge worry, hopefully we can hide our crappy individual defenders with a great system like Charlotte did last year.

Alls I know is, similar to 2 years ago, this is going to be a GREAT year to pick the OVER with Knick wins this year, I'm guessing they have us at like 38.5 or something like that. I see anywhere between 45 and 50.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by East NYLos View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-agency/page/6

"Even with Carmelo Anthony returning to Madison Square Garden on a massive contract, the New York Knicks aren't going to make the playoffs during the 2014-15 season. There's a slight chance they do—in fact, they're the first team in these standings with a realistic shot at a coveted postseason berth—but there's too much novelty and not enough talent.

Don't get me wrong. Phil Jackson has gotten off to a great start while running the show for the 'Bockers, trading for Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin and others, drafting Cleanthony Early and Thanasis Antetokounmpo, luring Melo back to New York and allowing hope to enter back into the equation.

However, that hope should apply to the 2015 offseason, not what comes between now and then.

With Derek Fisher learning how to coach, just months removed from playing in the postseason for the Oklahoma City Thunder, and a roster that isn't too much more talented than last year's, the postseason is a pipe dream. Plus, learning the triangle offense will be a process for the established incumbents.

Don't count the Knicks out quite yet, but don't expect them to play past the regular season either."
    ..........And this years team also has as much or MORE talent than the team of 2 years ago(along with a couple of solid vets in Dalembert and Calderon to add leadership that we did not have last year)...so what the H@ll does that mean? I hope they all predict this yet again.

vCash
    Their opinion holds just as much weight as most posters on here...

Remember before Woodson took over we were 18-24? But that was not a below .500 team talent wise... then we immediately went 18-5 with the same roster? And 72-33 over the next year and a half?

I think we'll see something similar, this team will add 10+ wins this year.

vCash
    I hope this does not come back to bite me after the 2014-2015 season, but I think it is silly to predict that the Knicks won't make the playoffs.

I know we have defensive issues, but we had those issues last year as well. Now we have a more intelligent and talented point guard; better offense; and a system. We are clearly a better team than last year. Last year we only missed the playoffs by one game. Our record was 37 - 45, Atlanta's was 38 - 44.

As far as the other teams in the east, Miami has declined with the loss of LeBron, although they are still probably better than we are; Indiana has declined; Brooklyn has declined. Cleveland and Chicago have obviously improved. Atlanta does not impress me. Washington may be a strong team this year.

I see the Knicks as roughly in the middle of the playoff pack in the east. We obviously have glaring weaknesses, but so do our main competitors in the east.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Their opinion holds just as much weight as most posters on here...

Remember before Woodson took over we were 18-24? But that was not a below .500 team talent wise... then we immediately went 18-5 with the same roster? And 72-33 over the next year and a half?

I think we'll see something similar, this team will add 10+ wins this year.
    Reminds me of last year when Phil came on board and we rallied off 8 straight and finished 14-5, also won our last 2 or 3 to finish the season strong if I'm not mistaken. I think the team we see next year will be much closer to the team that ended last season, once they knew the Zen Master was watching.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Reminds me of last year when Phil came on board and we rallied off 8 straight and finished 14-5, also won our last 2 or 3 to finish the season strong if I'm not mistaken. I think the team we see next year will be much closer to the team that ended last season, once they knew the Zen Master was watching.
    agreed.

The Atlantic division should be the goal, I don't think TOR is as good as they were last year, they won 48 games by default because the east was so bad, and b/c Lowry played out of his mind... I mean he hit more 3's per game than Kevin freakin Durant last year. This is a guy that only made like 1 three per game coming into last year, so chances are he'll regress.

The east looks like it will have a lot of parity next year, so winning 46 games or so and winning the division gives us at worst the #4 seed, otherwise we could drop to 7th or so if we don't win it.

vCash
    Calderon >>>> Felton

I'm not the biggest Jose fan in the world, but for people to overlook this is absurd. Felton was the worst starting PG in the NBA last season, so anyone would be a nice upgrade. I think this team wins about 47 games...THJ is going to take off.

vCash
    I honestly have no idea how we will play. Between this and how the Giants will play I dont know if I can handle NY sports this season....

vCash
    May be right may not be, who cares

Bleacher Report is a garbage site with garbage articles. I never click on anything associated with bleacher reports.

Might as well put a link to a message board post with a prediction on it, same as bleacher report to me.

vCash
    i dont think what happened this past season will happen again. alot of holes are filled this time. and much better management.. calderon alone is a 100% improvement. i say we win 50+, we won 37 with all the problems we had.

vCash
    Bleacher Reports is funny. Yesterday's article, cited in the first post, implies that the Knicks are not likely to make the playoffs. Today's article puts the Knicks in the middle of the East playoff pack like I predicted a few posts ago:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ks-next-season

I guess a lot has changed with the Knicks in the last 24 hours?

vCash
    Guys I think they aren't far off.. Melo is back yeah but I'm skeptical to see if he just waited to get his money. Calderon is a helluva improvement on offense but he still can't defend, Dalembert reportedly always comes to camp out of shape is a huge down grade from Chandler at this point, Fisher is no sure thing coaching wise.

I don't expect JR to have a horrible start like last year, Shumpert can't do anything but improve from what he did last year, & Hardaway is the brightest point in the backcourt if you ask me.

With Bargnani (I hope no one has hope for this bum), Amare, Calderon, etc. our defense will be horrible

vCash
    The Knicks.will be the best team in the Atlantic division.
    I really don't know how people think the Nets or Raptors will win more games than us.
    The Celtics will be decent because of their
    coaching, youth and depth.
    But I see the Knicks winning 48 games. Good enough for 4th seed
    Last edited by TheNumber37; 08-01-2014 at 01:44 PM.

vCash
    Not predicting anything until I see the team play, roster on paper means nothing.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast