Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official 2014-15 Season Thread

The season has started.

Can someone please sticky this thread!!

vCash
    No major injuries today guys! I hold my breath every training camp. It's a scary few weeks. I just hope this defense can atleast be in the top 15. I think that will give Dallas a very good chance at succeeding. Need #9 to stay healthy also

vCash
    Check this out. Found this on nfl.com
    Tonys health is huge. Worst team in the NFC with Weeden, I disagree.

7) The Cowboys can bank on Tony Romo's health.
    Jerry Jones declared Romo healthy, but the 34-year-old quarterback is coming off his second back surgery in less than a year. And even Romo himself acknowledged that he'll never be completely back to normal. So, sadly, my conclusion here is bust.

This is unfortunate, as he's the only reason for hope in Big D. The Cowboys just might be the worst team in the NFC. Brandon Weeden is one injury away from playing. That's a problem, as Weeden has trouble with the forward pass.

vCash
    The OLine must stay healthy. If so, they can have the biggest impact on the team...keep tony upright, ball control, score some points, keep the depleted and poor defense off of the field as much as possible....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    The OLine must stay healthy. If so, they can have the biggest impact on the team...keep tony upright, ball control, score some points, keep the depleted and poor defense off of the field as much as possible....
    Agreed! They also HAVE to run the ball more. They have an o-line that's built to run, and they have a good bunch of RB's. Even if Romo were to go down and Weeden has to step in for a long stretch a good run game will help immensely! And speaking of Weeden, I've honestly never liked he guy. Although that might be because I work with a guy that played for OSU several years ago and when Weeden was drafted he kept trying to convince people that Weeden was better than Romo (he also hates the Cowboys). All Weeden has to do is just focus on is ball protection. Just don't do anything to screw up. If he can do that and the running game can be solid and the defense can improve to around the 16-24 range they can win at least 8 games again.

vCash
    I love the optimism with the thread title. I hope the season goes into 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Sounds to me like you want the Cowboys to play smart. Sorry to break it to you, but that is asking too much from a team coached by Jason Garrett.

vCash
    Cowboys signed Kenneth Boatright today. I have not 1 clue who this guy is. Any input will be helpful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    Sounds to me like you want the Cowboys to play smart. Sorry to break it to you, but that is asking too much from a team coached by Jason Garrett.
    well, hopefully, Linehan and Marinelli can do a lot of his thinking for him

vCash
    I'm expecting us to be at the bottom when it comes to penalties. This is red's second straight year of not really doing anything in that he doesn't coach defense, and he's had offensive duties taken away from him. Getting players to focus and not commit dumb penalties is one of the only things he can do as far as coaching.

titties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    I'm expecting us to be at the bottom when it comes to penalties. This is red's second straight year of not really doing anything in that he doesn't coach defense, and he's had offensive duties taken away from him. Getting players to focus and not commit dumb penalties is one of the only things he can do as far as coaching.
    Lol remember playing Pitt in 2012 (the Brandon Carr int in OT) and the Steelers didn't have one penalty...

vCash
    Any updates on Mo Claiborne?

It would be great if he could take over as a number 1 corner for us this year. Carr is the perfect #2 corner and Scandrick is a great #3. Claiborne needs to play this season!

Also, how has Romo been looking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    Any updates on Mo Claiborne?

It would be great if he could take over as a number 1 corner for us this year. Carr is the perfect #2 corner and Scandrick is a great #3. Claiborne needs to play this season!

Also, how has Romo been looking?
    From what I've been hearing Scandrick has been the best CB in camp. Mo has also looked really good though until he hurt his knee. He has tendonitis which will likely linger all year. He'll be able to play with it though (effectively) as long as he doesn't overwork it. Last i heard he was suppose to be back at practice today but i haven't read or heard how he looked. We have no idea about. He's been out because his mom died and he's expected to be out another week. If the season started today the starters would be Mo and Scandrick I believe. All of this is a moot point though if they can't generate a pass rush without having to blitz. If they can't rush the passed the entire secondary will be in for another LONG season.

vCash
    Rolando McClain taking first team reps already. It will be absolutely huge if we hit on this guy.

vCash
    Romo looks real sharp in this scrimmage. Just hit Dez on the run on a perfect slant route for a 75 yard TD. This is offense could be top 3.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast