Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Deadline winners and losers?

We've just finished possibly one of the craziest deadlines in memory with plenty big trades for some head scratching moves.

Who comes out on top?

vCash

Deadline winners and losers?

Cardinals because Oscar gets to play everyday and Mathney can't do anything about it now that Craig is gone!!!!

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Winners: A's, Red Sox, and Tigers, easily.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 07-31-2014 at 07:12 PM.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Losers are the phillies

vCash
    I'll let you know in 3 months.

vCash
    Winners: A's, Mariners, Red Sox, Cubs

Losers: Phillies, Rays

Watch Out MLB

vCash
    Phillies still have a small chance at doing something positive via the waiver route though, so with that in mind the Rays are definitely the biggest losers. They went from wanting the dodgers top 3 specs to settling for two average pieces.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DWNTWNLakeShow View Post
    Phillies still have a small chance at doing something positive via the waiver route though, so with that in mind the Rays are definitely the biggest losers. They went from wanting the dodgers top 3 specs to settling for two average pieces.
    Don't forget, they also received another prospect with Franklin and Smyly, though it's still an underwhelming deal to what the expectation was. Franklin hasn't produced what he was thought to yet, but he's still fairly young (23) and has a couple years left to figure out.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    losers

the rays, they gave up their best pitcher in franchise history in his prime under control for an extra year for 2 suspect players and a prospect, i mean they got Wil Myers for Shields, they should have gotten back that same type of result.

the yankees - they never learn when to fold the cards, they are just content in hoovering in mediocrity

the phillies - great opportunity to rebuild and get back good assets to make their team better and they did nothing.

vCash
    As a Jays fan I was a bit upset they didn't make a move to help them down the stretch. Then again, they will get Encarnacion, Lind and Lawrie back soon, which I suppose is better than any deal they could have made.

I still think they could have used another starter. I'm not sure how much gas Hutchison has left in the tank.

vCash
    I think the A's, Red Sox, Cubs, Tigers and Mariners did well.

Jays didn't add anyone, which was a surprise. Yankees made minor moves. Rays didn't do so hot. Phillies did nothing.

I think the Braves did well getting Russell and Bonifacio for a non impact prospect. I think the Dodgers and Cardinals did well keeping top guys as well. I would have liked to see the Cardinals deal Taveras for Lester but it didn't happen, which is good on them.

A's added every pitcher on the market it seems. I loved that A's red sox deal for both sides. Red Sox are a very interesting organization to follow. They have massive money and a top 5 farm system. They are in a good position going forward.

vCash
    A's whipped out their dick and slapped the MLB with it

vCash
    Winners:
    Tigers simply committed trade massacring because the Rays just set themselves back.
    Yankees: Trading for Headley, Prado, and Drew to play in the infield in the future if they choose to commit to any of those guys and without giving up much in the process.
    Red Sox: Getting back players back to help in the short and long term by giving up pieces from their fluky 2013 WS run.
    A's: They won by acquiring an ace that's having a career year and will pitch in a pitcher's park against the struggling Astros and Rangers. They did lose on the Sam Fuld/Millone swap. But it's not enough to take them out of the winner category.

Losers:
    Rays: Simply by being so damn idiotic. They just handed the Tigers the AL Central and a potential WS bid. I wish Theo could've landed Price.
    Marlins: Wtf are they thinking? The 2013 1st overall pick, Marsnick, etc for a pitcher that has a high ERA in Houston just for his control and potential?
    Cardinals: They gave up too much for Lackey and I don't like the Masterson trade as much if you're going to get two lower rotation guys since it dilutes the purpose. If it was Masterson and another weaker pitcher for cheap, then this makes sense, but overpaying for Lackey is not something I like.
    Phillies: Doing nothing cost them a chance to unload Cliff Lee to the Dodgers, Yankees, or another team willing to pay $. Byrd can get dealt at the waiver wire, but still wth?
    Dodgers: They did nothing much at the deadline besides getting Barney and demoting him to the minors. Great move Dodgers.....

vCash
    I'm not sure the tigers are exactly winners this month, sure the Price trade on it's face is a really good trade, Smyly and the prospect weren't big losses, but they didn't address their pen, and they don't have a center fielder?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Winners:
    Tigers simply committed trade massacring because the Rays just set themselves back.
    Yankees: Trading for Headley, Prado, and Drew to play in the infield in the future if they choose to commit to any of those guys and without giving up much in the process.
    Red Sox: Getting back players back to help in the short and long term by giving up pieces from their fluky 2013 WS run.
    A's: They won by acquiring an ace that's having a career year and will pitch in a pitcher's park against the struggling Astros and Rangers. They did lose on the Sam Fuld/Millone swap. But it's not enough to take them out of the winner category.

Losers:
    Rays: Simply by being so damn idiotic. They just handed the Tigers the AL Central and a potential WS bid. I wish Theo could've landed Price.
    Marlins: Wtf are they thinking? The 2013 1st overall pick, Marsnick, etc for a pitcher that has a high ERA in Houston just for his control and potential?
    Cardinals: They gave up too much for Lackey and I don't like the Masterson trade as much if you're going to get two lower rotation guys since it dilutes the purpose. If it was Masterson and another weaker pitcher for cheap, then this makes sense, but overpaying for Lackey is not something I like.
    Phillies: Doing nothing cost them a chance to unload Cliff Lee to the Dodgers, Yankees, or another team willing to pay $. Byrd can get dealt at the waiver wire, but still wth?
    Dodgers: They did nothing much at the deadline besides getting Barney and demoting him to the minors. Great move Dodgers.....

They did not overpay for Lackey. Craig may benefit for more hitters parks but he had to go, and Kelly is Kelly. Lackey is under control through next year and from all reports he intends to honor that 500k next year.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast